Premium

Country

U.S.A

Device

iPhone 6S+
Operating System

iOS 15.1

My Question or Issue

This has been going on for FAR too long.  I know what I am doing to download and transfer local files to my phone.  I have hundreds and there has never been a problem until recent months.  

I CANNOT play a new local file that has been added to a playlist.  The file/song is NOT grayed out but when you press on the file/song to play it just flashes like it is going to start playing and then shuts off.  The file/song WILL play on my laptop but will NOT play on my iPhone. 

This is a much needed fix request as I rely on this for some work related activities and as mentioned, nothing has been a problem until recent months.  I have tried the reinstall, the wifi to hotspot, restarting, everything and the same problem exists day in and day out.

4 Replies

Hey @donkeylarry,

Thanks for the post.

It would be helpful if you can attach a short screen recording of what happens when you click on a local file. 

Let us know if this is happening only with recently added local files or with all.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i have tried this; several times. it is not working.

As I mentioned above and have mentioned numerous times before on other posts, this has ONLY started happening with attempted RECENTLY added files.  Previous files and the same method has worked without issue until this started happening.  

On the recording...The bottom song (Juice WRLD - Already Dead) works fine as it is a much older file.
The top two are recently attempted added files and they just flash when trying to play.

Hi folks, 

Thank you for keeping in touch.

@donkeylarry Could you check if you already have the option to show local files that are stored on your phone's memory? You can find it in the app's Settings > Show local audio files. 

If you do, please try moving some of the new songs to your phone and check if the app is able to recognize and play them.

@kiran29 Could you please give us a detailed description of the issue you're having? Is it exactly the same as @donkeylarry? If it is, try with the previous steps to check how they work.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts