Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Discover weekly display ?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue. Is: How do I set up the Discover weekly display on my iPhone XS so that I can see a list of...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue. Is: &nb...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Internet Connection problem after update

Hey, I’m getting an error after spotify update. When i play a song i got a message like “connecting” on bottom bar. I can search the song and i’m going to album details but songs not playing... My phone IOS 14.4 Iphone X

• Visitor
  • Hey,   I’m getting an error after spotify update. When i play a song i got a message like “connecting” on bottom bar. I can search the song and i’m going to album details but songs not playing...
  • Bestengr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Device Lock Screen not working when listening on another device

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating SystemIOS 14.2.1 My Question or Issue Hello,I recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro running IOS 14.2.1. I normally control an iPad on my wifi network that is connected to my stereo from both my iPhone...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System IOS 14.2.1   My Question or Issue   Hello, I recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro running IOS 14.2.1. I normally ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Adding Cover Art to Local Files

I used TagScanner to add cover art to my files then copied them into a Spotify playlist. The album cover I added is not visible. How can I fix this?

• Regular
  • I used TagScanner to add cover art to my files then copied them into a Spotify playlist. The album cover I added is not visible. How can I fix this?
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect multiple devices/speakers

Is there a way to cast to multiple devices/speakers at the same time?Starting a playlist, let’s say I want to select both the sonos system in the kitchen and the a/v system in the Living Room to play the same Music simultaniously (using only the Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to cast to multiple devices/speakers at the same time? Starting a playlist, let’s say I want to select both the sonos system in the kitchen and the a/v system in the Living Room to pl...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I clear my recently played?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew how I can clear my recently played on Spotify. My younger cousins use my phone for songs sometimes and I don’t want them playing some of the music I’m playing. Since the new update I haven’t been able to find where ...

• Visitor
  • Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew how I can clear my recently played on Spotify. My younger cousins use my phone for songs sometimes and I don’t want them playing some of the music I’m playing. Sinc...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 34 replies
  • 44 likes
  • 34 replies
  • 44 likes

Superuser Contribution Tracks not being clicked - iOS

If you check the video that I've been facing since long time now. First on my iPhone 11 (iOS 13 and 14) and now iPhone 12. The tracks don't just seem to get clicked. It's frustrating. It keeps happening randomly.

• Regular
  • If you check the video that I've been facing since long time now. First on my iPhone 11 (iOS 13 and 14) and now iPhone 12. The tracks don't just seem to get clicked. It's frustrating. It keeps happen...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify using data when data is turned off

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone7Operating SystemiOS14 My Question or IssueRecently my Spotify app has been using cellular data to stream when I'm not connected to WiFi even though I have cellular data turned off for the app in my iOS settings. When I am not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone7 Operating System iOS14   My Question or Issue Recently my Spotify app has been using cellular data to stream when I'm not connected to WiFi even though I have...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Cellular Data
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS][Other] Local Files don't work on new phone

Hi, I love the local files feature on Spotify, very useful.I had it working perfectly fine on my last phone, but since transferring over to an iPhone SE 2020 a month ago, I haven't been able to carry over my old local files to my new phone. They're s...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I love the local files feature on Spotify, very useful. I had it working perfectly fine on my last phone, but since transferring over to an iPhone SE 2020 a month ago, I haven't been ab...
  • eddie_sayer1
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Customizable homescreens

I like how the home page looks and has the most used/recents at top;however, i hate getting recommended podcasts and storytelling and how its above my recently played or weekly playlists. I want to always have the same order or even be able to choose...

• I like how the home page looks and has the most used/recents at top;however, i hate getting recommended podcasts and storytelling and how its above my recently played or weekly playlists. I want to a...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album art wrong over USB in Genesis G80

PlanPremium DuoCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 14.4.2 My Question or IssueI am trying to use Spotify in a 2017 Genesis G80 3.8 AWD Ultimate (w/ 9.2" display and DIS). I updated the car to the latest firmware, which is a November ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Duo Country USA Device iPhone 12 Pro Max Operating System iOS 14.4.2   My Question or Issue I am trying to use Spotify in a 2017 Genesis G80 3.8 AWD Ultimate (w/ 9.2" disp...
  • kanisama
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album art
    album artwork
    bluetooth
    g80
    Genesis
    iOS
    ipod
    usb
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS][Playlists] Bring back the “sort by Artist” filter in the playlist section

Im sure many can agree with me that there isn’t a need to fix what isn’t broken. I’ve pretty much sorted my playlist this way for as long as I knew and I’m completely content with it, I don’t really understand the decision to completely remove it and...

• Casual Listener
  • Im sure many can agree with me that there isn’t a need to fix what isn’t broken. I’ve pretty much sorted my playlist this way for as long as I knew and I’m completely content with it, I don’t really ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Volume adjustment does not work on Car Play

Hi, I have a really annoying problem when I want to listen to Spotify on Car Play. When I start Spotify on the Infotainment (after connecting the iPhone), it works but I cannot adjust the volume, sometimes I have to close the app on the phone and sta...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I have a really annoying problem when I want to listen to Spotify on Car Play. When I start Spotify on the Infotainment (after connecting the iPhone), it works but I cannot adjust the volu...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Hey Spotify Causes Car Audio Issues - CarPlay

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: iPhone 11 ProOperating System: iOS 14.4Vehicle: 2020 VolvoSpotify App: 8.6.12.1032 Hi all, Using Hey Spotify causes my vehicle to remain in an always on "listening/announcement" mode. When my phone is plugged into th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device: iPhone 11 Pro Operating System: iOS 14.4 Vehicle: 2020 Volvo Spotify App: 8.6.12.1032   Hi all,  Using Hey Spotify causes my vehicle ...
  • CarlosE
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution iphone download

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueHow do I stop Spotify from constantly deleting my downloads on my iPhone? My only available connection is barely 1mbps so I have to download with my mobile data. Been...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue How do I stop Spotify from constantly deleting my downloads on my iPhone? My only availabl...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Canvas doesn’t work

Hey y’all, i’ve been using Spotify for 6 years now, and my canvas feature always toggled on, but never worked. I know they’re available for certain songs, but believe me i listen to all kind of music, never seen it. I tried to clear caches, uninstall...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey y’all,   i’ve been using Spotify for 6 years now, and my canvas feature always toggled on, but never worked. I know they’re available for certain songs, but believe me i listen to all kind...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution App not working with VPN

Hello all, I am unable to use the Spotify app when my VPN is enabled (I’m using NordVPN). It says “Couldn't Load Page” and no matter if I hit try again, it will not work until my VPN is disabled. I’m not sure why this is an issue, as I’m from the US,...

• Regular
  • Hello all,   I am unable to use the Spotify app when my VPN is enabled (I’m using NordVPN). It says “Couldn't Load Page” and no matter if I hit try again, it will not work until my VPN is disa...
  • XMK
  • Casual Listener
  • 29 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 18 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why don’t I see a “play video” option for Joe Rogan Podcast in App?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Canada Device iPhone 7 latest IOS (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueIm trying to watch JRE podcast and only the audio format is avail...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Canada    Device iPhone 7 latest IOS  (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 48 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Video option for Joe Rogan podcast not available
  • 48 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution Last item in queue not appearing

PlanPremium Plan CountryUSA DeviceiPhone XROperating System iOS 13.6 My Question or IssueWhen I queue any songs/podcasts, the last thing I queued is not visible (and thus can't be removed from queue or reordered). A blank space is shown where the tit...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Plan  Country USA  Device iPhone XR Operating System  iOS 13.6   My Question or Issue When I queue any songs/podcasts, the last thing I queued is not visible (an...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes