Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local Files on iPad

Local Files on iPad

HELP!!!

I have a party tomorrow night and I just found that I couldn't copy local files onto my iPad from my Windows Laptop like I have previously been able to do on my Samsung J3. I have a lot of local files so I really need a fix.

I know it has nothing to do with the firewall or anything. I'm not sure what to do. I have my iPad plugged into my laptop and I click download playlist and it usuallty works. If this all doesn't work I have alternative solutions but this would be ideal.

Thanks Ben

7 Replies

Hey Ben,

Are you copying these files with iTunes ?

Because as far as I know, iPad/iPhone will only let you copy local music with iTunes, which you then can load into Sportify as local files.
Then again, the last time I actually tried it was a while back, I never had the need for my own files of music as Spotify has 99% of what I need.

Hope it helps.

--
Kind Regards
Ruben
https://open.spotify.com/user/1123476103?si=FmbTGz7uS-eajZ4u0PRxcA

Tbh I don't know exactly what I do. The local files that I put into playlists on my laptop are from iTunes. Then when I used to download playlists on my phone or iPad with it connected to my laptop it used to automatically transfer the files over.

Hey Ben, thanks for the reply,

It sounds like you want to create the playlist on Spotify on your desktop.
So on PC, add the local files to a Spotify playlist.

Then on your iPad on Spotify (make sure it is in the same network/wifi), sync the playlist and the local files should be copied. Make sure you hit the "Download" toggle on the top of the playlist.

I hope it helps.

--
Kind Regards
Ruben
https://open.spotify.com/user/1123476103?si=FmbTGz7uS-eajZ4u0PRxcA

Yeah I have tried and it still doesn't work.

Oh well 😞 I'll try some other things but if it doesn't work it's not the end of the world.

Thanks for the help though. Really appreciated 🙂

Update

For some reason some files have copied over and some haven't. So I now have no idea what the issue is.

I am experiencing the same issue. I have my Local Files downloaded onto my laptop, and I created playlists to add the songs to. I was able to synch my iPhone with my laptop and download the songs onto my phone, but for some reason it will not work on my iPad. My iPad and computer are connected to the same network. Why is it not working?  

Hey @KenC28,

Thank you for joining the thread!

This does seem like odd app behaviour.
Have you tried manually removing your cached data?
If this doesn't fix the issue, please try doing a clean reinstall of the app as well.

Let us know how it goes!
We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts