Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last.fm not scrobbling for offline files

Solved!

Last.fm not scrobbling for offline files

I have been using my iphone a lot in my car lately, playing offline files/playlists. I of couse do no have wifi in my car but i have 3G, but there is no scrobbling to Last.fm.

I this a known issue? I am using the latest version of Spotify (0.9.1.230) and the latest version of iOS (7).

It has been this way for so long now that I am beginning do doubt my memories of it ever working.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello again!

Haha sorry misunderstood. I tested it out and it would only scrobble the last track i played, but if you are still online with 3G and it does not say "Connecting..." at the bottom, then it should scrobble. Does it work when you are on Wifi?

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Oh how annoying! 🙂

Last.fm scrobbling works perfectly now for both streams, offline spotify-playlist, local files (not from spotify), on wifi and on 3G!

It seems spotify was missing my last.fm password, which may have been lost during reinstall? The username was entered.

I hadn't noticed this because the password-field contains 8(?) grey dots when actually no password is entered and a little bigger black dots when the password is entered. Probably not he best design when no message is displayed either when missing the password.

Oh how many dream theater scrobbles I have lost because of this. It breaks my heart 😉

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello!

Yes! I have the same issue, you can add your Kudos here 🙂 Right now, it seems to only be scrobbling tracks when you are online. 

EDIT: Some people say it works when you are in offline mode, (not when you are online and then just lose a connection and don't go and check the "Offline Mode" Option) here. I will test it and let you know 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Just to be clear. I am not in "Offline mode" i just play from a playlist that is "synced offline", and I have 3G connection. 

Marked as solution

Hello again!

Haha sorry misunderstood. I tested it out and it would only scrobble the last track i played, but if you are still online with 3G and it does not say "Connecting..." at the bottom, then it should scrobble. Does it work when you are on Wifi?

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Marked as solution

Oh how annoying! 🙂

Last.fm scrobbling works perfectly now for both streams, offline spotify-playlist, local files (not from spotify), on wifi and on 3G!

It seems spotify was missing my last.fm password, which may have been lost during reinstall? The username was entered.

I hadn't noticed this because the password-field contains 8(?) grey dots when actually no password is entered and a little bigger black dots when the password is entered. Probably not he best design when no message is displayed either when missing the password.

Oh how many dream theater scrobbles I have lost because of this. It breaks my heart 😉

Suggested posts