Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Annoying noise

How do you turn off the constant annoying noise the app makes whenever you press a button on the remote?

• Music Fan
  • How do you turn off the constant annoying noise the app makes whenever you press a button on the remote?
  • Jomol
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5s malfunctions when synced to Spotify

I have just realized I can't sync Spotify to my iPod shuffle which may make me cancel Spotify. However, if I was to run with my iPhone 5, I might keep it. When I sync Spotify with my iPhone, the phone goes nuts for about 3 hours. It starts doing mult...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just realized I can't sync Spotify to my iPod shuffle which may make me cancel Spotify.  However, if I was to run with my iPhone 5, I might keep it.  When I sync Spotify with my iPho...
  • WZekaMc
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow

I can't find Follow Artist om iOS. Should be there don't you think?

• Music Fan
  • I can't find Follow Artist om iOS. Should be there don't you think?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 4S not showing up in devices and not able to sync local files

Hi, I have for the past couple of days been attempting to get my Iphone4s to show up in devices, it is connected to the same WIFI as my laptop and I have also uninstalled/reinstalled my desktop spotify and uninstalled/reinstalled my phone spotify app...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have for the past couple of days been attempting to get my Iphone4s to show up in devices, it is connected to the same WIFI as my laptop and I have also uninstalled/reinstalled my desktop spoti...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Difference between Spotify on Windows and on Ipad

Spotify free on Windows 7 and on Ipad. created on the Windows Spotify using Moodagent a playlist. I can stream it live anytime on the laptop. when I try to do same on ipad - where I can see the same playlist - i get a msg saying - "only premium users...

• Spotify free on Windows 7 and on Ipad.   created on the Windows Spotify using Moodagent a playlist. I can stream it live anytime on the laptop.   when I try to do same on ipad - whe...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPod touch lost - want to disconnect Spotify

Hey there...I've lost my iPod touch which is connected to my Spotify Premium account. Now I'd like to delete the iPod from my devices for Spotify, but I haven't been able to find out how to do that. Anyone any idea if that's possible?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there...I've lost my iPod touch which is connected to my Spotify Premium account. Now I'd like to delete the iPod from my devices for Spotify, but I haven't been able to find out how to do that. ...
  • tabeaj_be
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

some songs aren`t playing

hello, i am using an iphone 5 with IOS 7.0.4, Spotify premium version 0.9.0.8, 12 playlists, and some songs on my iphone do noy play. They aren't grey on my mac and they do play there. On my iphone the only difference between a song that plays and on...

• Regular
  • hello, i am using an iphone 5 with IOS 7.0.4, Spotify premium version 0.9.0.8, 12 playlists, and some songs on my iphone do noy play. They aren't grey on my mac and they do play there. On my iphone t...
  • panis82
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

So many UI inconsistencies in iPad app

There are so many UI inconsistencies in the iPad app. It's like in some places, the UI elements in the iPhone updates were pushed through but not in others. Things like title bars, action bars, certain button, etc just are maddeningly inconsistent. H...

• Gig Goer
  • There are so many UI inconsistencies in the iPad app. It's like in some places, the UI elements in the iPhone updates were pushed through but not in others. Things like title bars, action bars, certa...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

synching ipod

spotify isn`t showing that my ipod is attached

• spotify isn`t showing that my ipod is attached
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Busted track

Hello, Tried to play 'Toni Price: Too Much Coffee' and about halfway through there is crackling and popping. The disturbance starts near 1:13 and is consistent across devices (iOS 7 iPhone 5s & iPad 3). Thanks for Spotify

• Hello,     Tried to play 'Toni Price: Too Much Coffee' and about halfway through there is crackling and popping.  The disturbance starts near 1:13 and is consistent across devices ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify 0.8.0 crash on iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.3

It crash just after logging in. I think it occur when trying to load playlists. I have this issue since 0.7.x version. I tried perfomring a clean installation, restarting the device, etc. No way.

• Music Fan
  • It crash just after logging in. I think it occur when trying to load playlists. I have this issue since 0.7.x version.   I tried perfomring a clean installation, restarting the device, etc. ...
  • Zescher
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! newbie alert! having trouble with spotify premium on iphone

Hi. Can anyone help? I am paying for Spotify premium. It was taking up 4GB of space on my phone so i deleted it temporarily, so I could try and sort the problem via my mac. I have redownloaded and installed the Spotify app onto my Iphone 5, but now n...

• Hi. Can anyone help? I am paying for Spotify premium. It was taking up 4GB of space on my phone so i deleted it temporarily, so I could try and sort the problem via my mac.   I have redownlo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone wiped all synched tracks on reboot

Description I rebooted my phone while putting gas in my car this morning. I had been listening to an offline playlist via bluetooth when I shut off my car. When the phone turned back on, all of my synchronized files (with the exception of local files...

• Music Fan
  • Description I rebooted my phone while putting gas in my car this morning. I had been listening to an offline playlist via bluetooth when I shut off my car. When the phone turned back on, all of my ...
  • maximusmmiv
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't queue albums

I can add individual tracks to the queue but not whole albums. The main things I queue are whole albums that I want to listen to later so I don't see why that's not an option.

• Roadie
  • I can add individual tracks to the queue but not whole albums. The main things I queue are whole albums that I want to listen to later so I don't see why that's not an option.
  • jb_bryant
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify wont work on car radio

I had an iphone 3gs and spotify worked with my car radio (boss) with charger cord but my iphone 5s will not. anybody else have a problem with this?

• I had an iphone 3gs and spotify worked with my car radio (boss) with charger cord but my iphone 5s will not. anybody else have a problem with this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist not loading in offline mode

i have a very annoying problem. if i listen to spotify and then lose signal, there is no problem to keep listening to my playlist but if i already lost signal my playlist will not load. i live in london so i am using the underground quite a lot and i...

• i have a very annoying problem. if i listen to spotify and then lose signal, there is no problem to keep listening to my playlist but if i already lost signal my playlist will not load. i live in lon...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Me" view (aka profile) bug

When in Me view (called Profile outside of ios), there's a feature I've found quite handy. Under "Recently Played Artists", at the bottom, you can select "View All Artists" to move to an expanded list of the artists you've been listening to, ordered ...

• Community Legend
  • When in Me view (called Profile outside of ios), there's a feature I've found quite handy.  Under "Recently Played Artists", at the bottom, you can select "View All Artists" to move to an expand...
  • philmg
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS client using 3G although synching over 3G is turned off

Description Let me explain my situation. I have a 500MB data plan, which is easily used up. So to conserve data I either listen to spotify on my iPhone over WLAN or I create offline playlists. I also have the 'Synch over 3G' flag set to 'off'. In bot...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Let me explain my situation. I have a 500MB data plan, which is easily used up. So to conserve data I either listen to spotify on my iPhone over WLAN or I create offline playlists. I al...
  • c_heesypeas
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked from Radio app is missing

I dont have a liked from radio app that I can find anywhere. Not sure if I deleted it by accident or not. How to get it back? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I dont have a liked from radio app that I can find anywhere. Not sure if I deleted it by accident or not. How to get it back? Thanks
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS functionality

Hi, my first post so not sure where to post this.2 bits of feedback from me: in iOS 7 running the latest version of the app. When receiving a call it mutes the music like it should but upon ending the call the music doesn't automatically restart like...

• Hi, my first post so not sure where to post this. 2 bits of feedback from me: in iOS 7 running the latest version of the app. When receiving a call it mutes the music like it should but upon endin...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • IOS 7
    mobile app
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes