Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Playing spotify on iOS in car via usb

I updated spotify for iOS this morning and now all of a sudden it will not play in my truck using the usb cord. Anyone else experience this? The interface for my radio now shows "no songs", yet my phone shows the music as playing. No music is playing...

• I updated spotify for iOS this morning and now all of a sudden it will not play in my truck using the usb cord. Anyone else experience this? The interface for my radio now shows "no songs", yet my ph...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

EC Touch login with Facebook

I have EC Touch as part of my Pioneer app that links my iPhone 5s. I have premium spotify. When I enter into EC touch is ask for login info but no option to login using Facebook. What user name and password should be used if my spotify accounts is th...

• Visitor
  • I have EC Touch as part of my Pioneer app that links my iPhone 5s. I have premium spotify. When I enter into EC touch is ask for login info but no option to login using Facebook. What user name and p...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

The option to SHUFFLE songs on my PLAYLISTS has disappeared

Please help. WHen I first joined SPOTIFY, all of my playlist would have an option to SHUFFLE songs. Now, that option is gone and the songs will only play in order that they are listed on the setlist. I know this is probably a basic problem (and fixab...

• Casual Listener
  • Please help.  WHen I first joined SPOTIFY, all of my playlist would have an option to SHUFFLE songs.  Now, that option is gone and the songs will only play in order that they are listed on ...
  • alexanders1982
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My iPod is plugged in and charging but not connecting to Spotify

I just got a new iPod and decided to use Spotify since I'm not a fan of iTunes. I've started a premium membership and made a few playlists. When I plug my iPod into the computer, I know it's connected because it's charging, BUT nothing shows up under...

• Casual Listener
  • I just got a new iPod and decided to use Spotify since I'm not a fan of iTunes. I've started a premium membership and made a few playlists. When I plug my iPod into the computer, I know it's connecte...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPod Touch Not Opening

I am a premium account holder using an iPod Touch with iOS 6.1.3 and Spotify Verson 0.7.2 and the app will not open. Ever. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have turned the iPod on and off several times. I get a completely blank scr...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium account holder using an iPod Touch with iOS 6.1.3 and Spotify Verson 0.7.2 and the app will not open.  Ever.    I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Still (always) online login necessary to listen offline ?

Is there a new development ? For example: I can´t use my offline playlists on a plane, because I forgot to login before departure (if hotspot available for my Ipod) ??? Do I always have to login online befor offline use is possible ??? Thank you in a...

• Music Fan
  • Is there a new development ? For example: I can´t use my offline playlists on a plane, because I forgot to login before departure (if hotspot available for my Ipod) ??? Do I always have to login ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5 - No sound in car via USB, extremely fait, tinny sound via AUX port

I'm unable to use Spotify in my car via my iPhone 5. I have two AUX ports into my car stereo; one is a standard stereo jack, the other is USB. Neither works. I do not have a Ford with built-in Spotify, and the stereo is the factory unit that came wit...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm unable to use Spotify in my car via my iPhone 5. I have two AUX ports into my car stereo; one is a standard stereo jack, the other is USB. Neither works.  I do not have a Ford with built-in ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add new playlists inside folders anymore

Since updating to 0.9.0.8 I can no longer add a playlist (for example creating a playlist in an album) inside a folder. I used to be able to do this within the app - why has this functionality been removed?

• Casual Listener
  • Since updating to 0.9.0.8 I can no longer add a playlist (for example creating a playlist in an album) inside a folder. I used to be able to do this within the app - why has this functionality been r...
  • Amplesamples
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • playlist folders
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost my playlist

Hi, my account-name is "shirkosafari" (shirkosafari@gmail.com), and i lost a playlist called "Peppes-Calming" or "Calming-Peppes" (I don't quite remember). I was wondering if you could help me recover it? I've seen the moderator link other people wit...

• Regular
  • Hi, my account-name is "shirkosafari" (shirkosafari@gmail.com), and i lost a playlist called "Peppes-Calming" or "Calming-Peppes" (I don't quite remember). I was wondering if you could help me recove...
  • shirkosafari
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some offline tracks not working

I have several offline tracks that no longer work. There is a green arrow next to them but when I try and play them they do not play. I shouldn't have to re-download stuff once a week to get it to work. What am I missing here?

• Casual Listener
  • I have several offline tracks that no longer work. There is a green arrow next to them but when I try and play them they do not play. I shouldn't have to re-download stuff once a week to get it to wo...
  • eastbayrae
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Tracks have Disappeared on app

I noticed after todays app update I can no longer see my or my friends top 10 tracks under mine and their playlists. Any idea what happened or where they are now??

• Roadie
  • I noticed after todays app update I can no longer see my or my friends top 10 tracks under mine and their playlists. Any idea what happened or where they are now??
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding songs to current playlist

Hi, How do I add songs to a current playlist and then sync it for offline mode without having to resync the whole playlist again? -Sydney

• Hi, How do I add songs to a current playlist and then sync it for offline mode without having to resync the whole playlist again? -Sydney
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

intermittent music with Iphone5

Am a trial user of Spotify. Using WIFI, no internet issues. Very often music just stops playing and then after a few seconds it continues again. I also have a Deezer subscription and never had this issue with the Deezer service. Is there a server iss...

• Casual Listener
  • Am a trial user of Spotify. Using WIFI, no internet issues. Very often music just stops playing and then after a few seconds it continues again. I also have a Deezer subscription and never had this i...
  • etmaniac
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.9.0

iOS Release Notes What's new in version 0.9.0 New: Never miss a gig! Artist views now feature touring details. New: Spotify now speaks Japanese, Russian and Indonesian. New: New Search rolling out now. Get ready for instant results, and the ability t...

• Roadie
  • iOS Release Notes What's new in version 0.9.0 New: Never miss a gig! Artist views now feature touring details. New: Spotify now speaks Japanese, Russian and Indonesian. New: New Search...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes
    Release Notes
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 48 hour trail again

I'm sorry if I put this under the wrong forum.So I opened Spotify on my iPod and at the top under the time is says 48 hours remaining of your trail and I didn't start any trail, I had trail when I first got Spotify on my iPod in the summer and I have...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm sorry if I put this under the wrong forum. So I opened Spotify on my iPod and at the top under the time is says 48 hours remaining of your trail and I didn't start any trail, I had trail when ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    bug
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My iPod touch iOS 5.1.1 doesn't show under devices

I have it hooked up to the same wifi as my laptop, iTunes isn't opened, I've unplugged it and plugged it back in numerous times to no avail, and lastly I am a premium subscriber as of tonight. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • I have it hooked up to the same wifi as my laptop, iTunes isn't opened, I've unplugged it and plugged it back in numerous times to no avail, and lastly I am a premium subscriber as of tonight.  ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading Spotify onto iPhone 4

How easy is this. Not that technically minded. I have Spotify Premium. Will Spotify use up memory on my phone and some of my data allowance ? Does it use up much battery power ? Sorry if these are daft questions but I'm not that good with technology

• Casual Listener
  • How easy is this. Not that technically minded. I have Spotify Premium.   Will Spotify use up memory on my phone and some of my data allowance ?   Does it use up much battery power ?...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is frozen

The app is frozen from the start. I cant do anything, tried to reinstall it and shut the phone off and then on. Is there any solution for this? I dont want to pay for something that doesnt work, been like this along time now...

• Roadie
  • The app is frozen from the start. I cant do anything, tried to reinstall it and shut the phone off and then on. Is there any solution for this? I dont want to pay for something that doesnt work, been...
  • UknownPerson
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

My music on Spotify it goes quiet?

After about two to three seconds of listening to my music on Spotify it lowers in volume by around a third. I have also found that this only happens to songs which I own on my Mac at home on iTunes... Therefore the songs are in the 'local files' sect...

• Casual Listener
  • After about two to three seconds of listening to my music on Spotify it lowers in volume by around a third. I have also found that this only happens to songs which I own on my Mac at home on iTunes.....
  • Bridge151
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes