Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Crash report

0.9.1.230iPhone 5Os 6.1.4Every few weeks Jailbreak: no

• 0.9.1.230 iPhone 5 Os 6.1.4 Every few weeks Jailbreak: no
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't start on iPhone 4 (Old update)

Hey! So spotify suddenly decided to stop working on my iPhone. When try to start it, it freezes at the "spotify logo" meaning I can't play any songs at all. I can just watch the spotify logo on my screen.Anyone having the same issue? And does anyone ...

• Regular
  • Hey! So spotify suddenly decided to stop working on my iPhone. When try to start it, it freezes at the "spotify logo" meaning I can't play any songs at all. I can just watch the spotify logo on my sc...
  • Ljungbeck
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist not updating

I have starred Depeche Mode - Heaven on my desktop and it won't show up on my mobile devices. This happened with other tracks too that I somehow recovered by unstarring and starring them again but this one has remained. I've tried logging out and in ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have starred Depeche Mode - Heaven on my desktop and it won't show up on my mobile devices.   This happened with other tracks too that I somehow recovered by unstarring and starring them aga...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists won't fully Download

I have an ipod touch 4g. When i download a playlist for offline use it does not play all the songs. It says that they are all downloaded but nothing happens when you select one of them. This happens on every playlist some songs play and some dont.

• I have an ipod touch 4g. When i download a playlist for offline use it does not play all the songs. It says that they are all downloaded but nothing happens when you select one of them. This happens ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

The app doesnt work correctly in 1 month

I havent got any solutions on the problem on the app now. Its been 1 month with this bug that is going on, I cant get into anything on the app, Ive payed for 3 months and this is getting on my nerves. Please help me. Ive tried to write here 4 times b...

• Roadie
  • I havent got any solutions on the problem on the app now. Its been 1 month with this bug that is going on, I cant get into anything on the app, Ive payed for 3 months and this is getting on my nerves...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Use iPhone to control iPad which is in a dock?

Hey guys, I was reading about Spotify Connect and was wondering if it's possible to use my iPhone to control what song is playing on my iPad which is in a dock? They're both on the same WiFi network. Thanks in advance. EDIT: The connect symbol doesn'...

example.png
  • Regular
  • Hey guys,   I was reading about Spotify Connect and was wondering if it's possible to use my iPhone to control what song is playing on my iPad which is in a dock? They're both on the same Wi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play any songs on iPod touch 5th gen

My girlfriend got spotify on her iPhone and I thought it was great, and I got my iPod for Christmas and downloaded it. No songs will play unless I press shuffle play. Clicking on the songs does literally nothing. Please help with this, I'm dying to u...

• My girlfriend got spotify on her iPhone and I thought it was great, and I got my iPod for Christmas and downloaded it. No songs will play unless I press shuffle play. Clicking on the songs does liter...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hangs and crashes when downloading over cellular

I have installed spotify on my ipad air and if I try and download when connected to cellular network it either just hangs at 0/x tracks downloaded or if you try and stop / start any more downloads the app just crashes.On wifi it is fine.And yes the c...

• Regular
  • I have installed spotify on my ipad air and if I try and download when connected to cellular network it either just hangs at 0/x tracks downloaded or if you try and stop / start any more downloads th...
  • Bullerd
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad chooses not to play local files

Hi, just a quick question. I'm trying to sync a playlist of streamed and offline files to my iPad. However, one of the offline tracks does not play on my iPad. I have synced the exact same playlist to my iPhone and the same local file plays with abso...

• Hi, just a quick question.   I'm trying to sync a playlist of streamed and offline files to my iPad. However, one of the offline tracks does not play on my iPad.    I have sync...
  • Coolml
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant search for songs in mobile app

I cant search for songs in the spotify app on my iphone. I tried reinstall the app but that didn't solve anything because now all my playlists are gone too. The app doesn't find them.

• Casual Listener
  • I cant search for songs in the spotify app on my iphone. I tried reinstall the app but that didn't solve anything because now all my playlists are gone too. The app doesn't find them.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotift Connect stopped working

At one point, this was a couple months ago, both my iPhones had spotify connect. I was able to play music off one iPhone and then control that iPhone with another iPhone over wifi or cellular. It worked great when I wanted to play things of my sound ...

• At one point, this was a couple months ago, both my iPhones had spotify connect. I was able to play music off one iPhone and then control that iPhone with another iPhone over wifi or cellular. It wor...
  • poisike
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads on iPhone with unlimited account?

Why am i getting ads on my iPhone when i have an active unlimited account? My account is not expired and have never had ads before. How do i fix this? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Why am i getting ads on my iPhone when i have an active unlimited account? My account is not expired and have never had ads before. How do i fix this?   Thanks.
  • dbrienswann
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iPad 1 Users locked out of Spotify 0.7.4

I posted in the release notes thread, but this is worth its own thread... I've been using spotify on my iPad 1 just fine up until tonight when I reset my iPad to clear out a load of old junk... now I can't reinstall Spotfy because it says "iOS 6 requ...

• Regular
  • I posted in the release notes thread, but this is worth its own thread...   I've been using spotify on my iPad 1 just fine up until tonight when I reset my iPad to clear out a load of old ju...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Some songs can't be played when I synced them

I use the iPad version of Spotify.Basically, the problem is:I am trying to sync the songs of Oasis, as none of their music is in Spotify.I synced all of my local files, And nearly all of them play perfectly on my iPad.Except for a few songs, when I t...

• Gig Goer
  • I use the iPad version of Spotify. Basically, the problem is: I am trying to sync the songs of Oasis, as none of their music is in Spotify. I synced all of my local files, And nearly all of ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not working on samsung s4 and ipad

I noticed last night that I was unable to listen to my offline playlist and realised that my account was asking me to upgrade to premium. I am already a premium member and it is showing the same in my iPad and samsung s4. I logged in and out and noth...

• I noticed last night that I was unable to listen to my offline playlist and realised that my account was asking me to upgrade to premium. I am already a premium member and it is showing the same in m...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working on my NEW iphone, but on my old ones.

Hello, i got the Problem Spotify is not working on my new Iphone 5s, but on my old 4s models (3 Phones) it is working Well, i want to Replace one of the 4s with the 5s model. Merry Christmas

• Hello,  i got the Problem Spotify is not working on my new Iphone 5s, but on my old 4s models (3 Phones) it is working Well, i want to Replace one of the 4s with the 5s model.   Merry...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Download stops frequently and songs get red exclemation mark

Hey there, I have a few problems. I recently upgraded to the iphone5s and from 16 to 64gb mainly to please my appatite for music. I have synchronised around 4000 songs and have about 1000 more to go and it was a hell. Every 2 minuts I need to activit...

• Music Fan
  • Hey there,   I have a few problems. I recently upgraded to the iphone5s and from 16 to 64gb mainly to please my appatite for music.   I have synchronised around 4000 songs and have ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not working on iPod

I payed for premium using a gift card of 10$. It said it was credited for two months and i got a receipt. It works when i use it on my computer but when i sign in on my ipod it does not give me premium features. I logged in and out, uninstalled reins...

• Casual Listener
  • I payed for premium using a gift card of 10$. It said it was credited for two months and i got a receipt. It works when i use it on my computer but when i sign in on my ipod it does not give me premi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs not syncing

Hello all, I have playlists where a few songs won't play on iOS (iPhone 4S, iOS 7 latest version). I've tried everything in this post: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/m-p/478780/highlight/tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   I have playlists where a few songs won't play on iOS (iPhone 4S, iOS 7 latest version). I've tried everything in this post: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPa...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS 7 - "Slide to unlock" pauses song (Reinstalled app - FIXED)

Sorry if this is an issue that has been brought up earlier... When I play a song in spotify (on iPhone 4s) and the screen is locked and I "slide to unlock" it. Spotify automatically pauses the song I was listening to. WTF is up with that? iOS bug? Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Sorry if this is an issue that has been brought up earlier...   When I play a song in spotify (on iPhone 4s) and the screen is locked and I "slide to unlock" it. Spotify automatically paus...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes