Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

lock screen bug on ios7.1 and suggestion

lock screen bug on ios7.1(iphone5) please fix it matter: press lock sreen pause button will close spotify add suggestion:can you add star button on lock screen just like itunes radio does

• Casual Listener
  • lock screen bug on ios7.1(iphone5) please fix it   matter: press lock sreen pause button will close spotify   add suggestion:can you add star button on lock screen just like it...
  • betternow
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

1 Song not playing

Hi. I can't play under the stars by Chopin on my iphone 4, with ios6. all other songs works perfectly. any ideas?

• Regular
  • Hi.   I can't play under the stars by Chopin on my iphone 4, with ios6. all other songs works perfectly.   any ideas?    
  • RobinJ
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs will not play.

Good Afternoon, After I paid my monthly premium for spotifuggle of $4.99 I am unable to listen to my music I downloaded on my playlist off line. What can I do? Please advise. Shutting down and rebute again does not help. And I cannot a live technical...

• Good Afternoon,   After I paid my monthly premium for spotifuggle of $4.99 I am unable to listen to my music I downloaded on my playlist off line. What can I do? Please advise. Shutting down...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify chart

Hi... does anyone know if it's possible to see my own spotify chart (the songs I listen too most on Spotify) on the iPhone app? So far I can only find it on the pc app and that's it. Does anyone know if it's available too on the iPhone app? Thanks!

• Regular
  • Hi... does anyone know if it's possible to see my own spotify chart (the songs I listen too most on Spotify) on the iPhone app? So far I can only find it on the pc app and that's it. Does anyone know...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! Cannot synchronise spotify playlists to ipod touch

I have an iPod touch at ios 7.0.3, Spotify premium, and about 5gb storage space left. But then, when I want to sync for offline use, there's this message saying "Syncing has paused. Please connect to Wi-Fi to continue.", but I am already connected to...

• I have an iPod touch at ios 7.0.3, Spotify premium, and about 5gb storage space left. But then, when I want to sync for offline use, there's this message saying "Syncing has paused. Please connect to...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local songs said to be downloaded but not playable

Since a few patches ago i've been having this problem with some of my local songs not being synced but showing as downloaded. Everytime I try to play any of these songs i get the error message like the picture. Help?

• Since a few patches ago i've been having this problem with some of my local songs not being synced but showing as downloaded. Everytime I try to play any of these songs i get the error message like t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Chain symbol song plays on PC, but not on iPhone

Exactly what the subject says. Why? And how can I fix this? I pay for premium service and it's frustrating that I can't play some songs on my mobile. I don't even see the song on the playlist, but I see it on my playlist on the playlist. My iOS is 6....

• Casual Listener
  • Exactly what the subject says. Why? And how can I fix this? I pay for premium service and it's frustrating that I can't play some songs on my mobile. I don't even see the song on the playlist, but I ...
  • klingklang77
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Random play on iPad

My Spotify library is on my laptop, but I would love to play my whole library on random on my iPad, rather than playing my playlists randomly. Is this possible?

• My Spotify library is on my laptop, but I would love to play my whole library on random on my iPad, rather than playing my playlists randomly. Is this possible?
  • StevenR
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone4: Songs starts and stops all the time!

Hey! Every day i bike about 35. min to work and every day I use spotify to hear music. But for the past 2 month I have experienced an extreemely annoying problem. When I'm about half way, the songs stops and then starts again for about 3-4 sec. for t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey!   Every day i bike about 35. min to work and every day I use spotify to hear music. But for the past 2 month I have experienced an extreemely annoying problem. When I'm about half w...
  • Ymerkusk
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Not syncing

Hi guys I'm new to spotify. I have 2 devices running my account. Everything was going good. I "followed" a full playlist, and it was syncing so I could have that playlist offline. While that was in progress I was adding other music to another playlis...

• Hi guys I'm new to spotify. I have 2 devices running my account. Everything was going good. I "followed" a full playlist, and it was syncing so I could have that playlist offline. While that was in p...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgraded to Premium on iPhone 5-won't work

I recently started my 30-day Premium trial about 3 days ago, and it still won't let me search-"only premium users..." I've checked my subscription and done a re-installation and it still doesn't work. Please Help

• Regular
  • I recently started my 30-day Premium trial about 3 days ago, and it still won't let me search-"only premium users..." I've checked my subscription and done a re-installation and it still doesn't work...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Follow button not visible on iphone5

Hi - I'm developing a website and want to include a "Follow" button. I've created the iframe code from the Spotify site and applied it to the development website. It seems to work as expected on the major desktop browsers and on the iPad. On the ipho...

• Visitor
  • Hi - I'm developing a website and want to include a "Follow" button. I've created the iframe code from the Spotify site and applied it to the development website. It seems to work as expected on the ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Follow button
    iphone5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play music on 30 day trial on my iphone

I have just signed up for the 30 day free trial on my iphone 4s but cannot seem to get any music to play. Please can someone advise me? I have followed all the things to check on the faqs...

• I have just signed up for the 30 day free trial on my iphone 4s but cannot seem to get any music to play.   Please can someone advise me?  I have followed all the things to check on the f...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

4th Gen iPod Nano Syncing

So I plugged it into my computer. It asked if I wanted to sync it with Spotify. I said yes. Then I chose the option to backup my files and so continue from there. ALL of the music that was on there is gone. It didn't back it up anywhere on my compute...

• So I plugged it into my computer. It asked if I wanted to sync it with Spotify. I said yes. Then I chose the option to backup my files and so continue from there. ALL of the music that was on there i...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to local file song

Hello! I need som help please. Since the song in question is not avaible, and the info says: "if you got the file, then you can import it". I did just that but when I try to sync it with my Iphone or HTC it will be grayed out immedeatly.. So I get it...

• Music Fan
  • Hello!   I need som help please. Since the song in question is not avaible, and the info says: "if you got the file, then you can import it". I did just that but when I try to sync it with m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Annoying noise

How do you turn off the constant annoying noise the app makes whenever you press a button on the remote?

• Music Fan
  • How do you turn off the constant annoying noise the app makes whenever you press a button on the remote?
  • Jomol
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5s malfunctions when synced to Spotify

I have just realized I can't sync Spotify to my iPod shuffle which may make me cancel Spotify. However, if I was to run with my iPhone 5, I might keep it. When I sync Spotify with my iPhone, the phone goes nuts for about 3 hours. It starts doing mult...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just realized I can't sync Spotify to my iPod shuffle which may make me cancel Spotify.  However, if I was to run with my iPhone 5, I might keep it.  When I sync Spotify with my iPho...
  • WZekaMc
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow

I can't find Follow Artist om iOS. Should be there don't you think?

• Music Fan
  • I can't find Follow Artist om iOS. Should be there don't you think?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 4S not showing up in devices and not able to sync local files

Hi, I have for the past couple of days been attempting to get my Iphone4s to show up in devices, it is connected to the same WIFI as my laptop and I have also uninstalled/reinstalled my desktop spotify and uninstalled/reinstalled my phone spotify app...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have for the past couple of days been attempting to get my Iphone4s to show up in devices, it is connected to the same WIFI as my laptop and I have also uninstalled/reinstalled my desktop spoti...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Difference between Spotify on Windows and on Ipad

Spotify free on Windows 7 and on Ipad. created on the Windows Spotify using Moodagent a playlist. I can stream it live anytime on the laptop. when I try to do same on ipad - where I can see the same playlist - i get a msg saying - "only premium users...

• Spotify free on Windows 7 and on Ipad.   created on the Windows Spotify using Moodagent a playlist. I can stream it live anytime on the laptop.   when I try to do same on ipad - whe...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes