Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest update messed up playlist functions...

Latest update messed up playlist functions...

With the latest update, which changed Spotify's interface on iOs, listening to music has become slightly annoying. Here are a list of the problems I've experienced:

• I cannot just hit "play" when I open the app or when I've left it alone for a bit. I have to go forward or back a track in order to play music. It doesn't respond when I first open it. 
  • I cannot pause it, either. When I've listened to music for more than a minute or so, I have to disconnect my headphones in order for the music to stop, otherwise I can hit pause as many times as I can and it won't stop. 
  • When I go to certain tracks, it will always start the song at 1:36, rather than the beginning. It doesn't reset the song to the beginning.
  • The interface has been incredibly slow. When I downloaded the songs through WiFi, I couldn't do anything on the app. It froze completely, took 4 hours to download songs that used to take an hour at most, and would stop repeatedly after 100 songs were downloaded.

I like the interface change and all, but I lost proper functionality with the app because of it. Has any one else encountered this problem?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, even factory reset my iOs. It hasn't made any difference. 

1 Reply

Hey, I've been having problems as well. But mine are different from yours.

On PC:

• After listening to a few songs on spotify, the playlist will continue but the interface will get stuck on one song, and the play/pause/scrub-through functions aren't functional unless I restart the program.
  • When I do restart the program, it will not only open spotify again but also a spotify installer, which I then have to cancel.

On iPhone 5, without premium:

• If I shuffle play an album, it will move through most of the songs at normal, and then will start playing songs from the artist's other albums. For example, I will be shuffle playing Ariana Grande's new album 'Dangerous Woman', and after a while, songs from 'Yours Truly', 'My Everything', 'Christmas Kisses' and 'Christmas and Chill' will creep through as well.
  • As you know, a spotify ad sometimes comes up saying, "Watch this short video for 30 minutes of ad-free music." Sometimes when I do this, the feature will not work, and ads will still play during that 30 minute period that's supposed to be ad-free.

It just seems like the functionality of spotify is crumbling all of a sudden. I worry about premium users, and whether they have to deal with these problems too, when they are paying good money for the service.

Suggested posts