Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest version (1.8.0.2444) unusably slow on iPod Touch (IOS 6.1.6)

Latest version (1.8.0.2444) unusably slow on iPod Touch (IOS 6.1.6)

What has happened?! I was starting to get used to Spotify being a bit more reliable (although rarely as fast as I would like) but the latest update has made it almost completely unusable.

I have been a Premium account holder for years, and may have reached my limit in terms of frustration.

Yes - I have removed the app and reinstalled...

4 Replies

Any improvements on 1.8.1?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, it is unusable.  It crashes/closes itself.  I wiped my iPod Touch (iOS 6.1.6), reinstalled Spotify, and I'm getting the same slowness.  After trying to make some playlists offline, it won't even open.

I am having the exact same issue. I have been struggling with the spotify app since the previous version. In fact it has been a nightmare since the new look came out.

I am also running the same specs as above. I have tried all the suggestions - including re installing my firmware through iTunes. The app will often crash while trying to sync offline playlists. It will sync a handfull then crash - and I have to keep restarting the app every time (i have just over 2 thousand tracks that now need re-downloading. it is taking forever!

grrrrrrr

No.

Suggested posts