Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Hide Unplayable Songs Turned On But Songs Still Showing

Hi, I'm using Spotify 1.7.0 and when I select 'Hide Unplayable Songs' all of the songs are still there but greyed out. I've tried deleting the app, rebooting the phone and then downloading an album and going back offline but it still shows all my mus...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    I'm using Spotify 1.7.0 and when I select 'Hide Unplayable Songs' all of the songs are still there but greyed out.  I've tried deleting the app, rebooting the phone and then...
  • JoelLegend
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

(iOS) After saving an album to My Music and then making it available offline

Why doesn't the album play in order (it jumps around the album instead) Help please! Thanks. EDIT: My apologies for posting, I figured it out. For anyone curious, if you open an individual song so that it takes up the screen, there is a shuffle butto...

•  Why doesn't the album play in order (it jumps around the album instead)   Help please!   Thanks.   EDIT: My apologies for posting, I figured it out. For anyone curiou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how to sync ipod with Spotify AND playlist help

I have the iPod Touch plugged into a Macbook Air. Is there supposed to be a way to add the music from the iPod to my Spotify library? On iTunes on the Mac, I have Smart Playlists. Why are these not being detected by Spotify, like the other playlists ...

• Regular
  • I have the iPod Touch plugged into a Macbook Air. Is there supposed to be a way to add the music from the iPod to my Spotify library?   On iTunes on the Mac, I have Smart Playlists. Why are ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Heading within My Music Now Missing

In my app, for a while, when you would click on an artist in my music, in stead of just a long list of songs, there were headings for each album. It made it so much easier to navigate and I loved it. But it seems to be gone? Is it some kind of settin...

• Casual Listener
  • In my app, for a while, when you would click on an artist in my music, in stead of just a long list of songs, there were headings for each album.  It made it so much easier to navigate and I lov...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Different Versions of albums

How do you find different versions of albums? Censored/explicit?

• How do you find different versions of albums? Censored/explicit?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I play the original song but it's not...

I play Ed Sheerans Lego House but that's not him singing. I've had this song in my playlist for a long time and now it has changed. Also tried to play it from his "page" but no, still the wrong one... Any ideas?

• I play Ed Sheerans Lego House but that's not him singing. I've had this song in my playlist for a long time and now it has changed. Also tried to play it from his "page" but no, still the wrong one.....
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How come Ford Sync Can have access to Your Music but iPad still can't?

Truthfully you should not have updated the iPhone app before you made the functionality in the iPad app. It means that I have to continue keeping music that I listen to in playlists and in the Your Music section. I had deleted a lot of my playlists b...

• Truthfully you should not have updated the iPhone app before you made the functionality in the iPad app. It means that I have to continue keeping music that I listen to in playlists and in the Your M...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Subcategorizing by album under the artist page disappeared

Spotify's lack of sorting features for your music has continually been very frustrating, especially relative to other music services. However, a few weeks ago they finally added to the iOS version the basic and useful feature of further sub-categoriz...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify's lack of sorting features for your music has continually been very frustrating, especially relative to other music services. However, a few weeks ago they finally added to the iOS version th...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify username and facebook login not seeing same playlists

Hi, Can anyone help me with a query on playlists? When I log into spotify using my username and password on one device and then log into another device using my facebook login I don't see the same playlists I've created, how do I fix this? Thanks, Le...

• Hi,   Can anyone help me with a query on playlists?   When I log into spotify using my username and password on one device and then log into another device using my facebook login I...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Your Music - Artists - album seperation gone?

Hey, I really liked the feature that the different albums of an artist saved in "Your Music" showed up with a little header each so that it was possible to just listen to one album of an artist. Now I only get the whole list of all songs of all album...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,  I really liked the feature that the different albums of an artist saved in "Your Music" showed up with a little header each so that it was possible to just listen to one album of an arti...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

When will Spotify stop hiding shuffle off?

I spend an emormous about of time trying to figure out how to turn off shuffle. After trying everything in the UI, I always end up needing to search support forums. By the time it happens again, I forget how I turned it off last time and go through t...

• Regular
  •   I spend an emormous about of time trying to figure out how to turn off shuffle.  After trying everything in the UI, I always end up needing to search support forums. By the time it...
  • albertalbert
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • shuffle
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Your Music=Offline Access?

I'm new in this forum, so take my apologies if this thread already exists. I'd like someone to clarify something for me real quick. When saving albums to 'Your Music', Spotify appear to be automatically syncing songs to offline mode when connected to...

• Visitor
  • I'm new in this forum, so take my apologies if this thread already exists.    I'd like someone to clarify something for me real quick. When saving albums to 'Your Music', Spotify a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! ios 8

upgraded to ios 8 this afternoon, reinstalled spotify, and now it will not play local files. Anytime I try and play a local file, the app crashes immediately. Is this what I get for upgrading a week early? Am I screwed until then?

• Regular
  • upgraded to ios 8 this afternoon, reinstalled spotify, and now it will not play local files. Anytime I try and play a local file, the app crashes immediately.    Is this what I get for ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile

U should make mobile play songs anytime not just tablets

• Casual Listener
  • U should make mobile play songs anytime not just tablets
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not opening on iPhone 4s.

My spotify app won't stay open on my iphone 4s. whenever i open it, spotify goes to the browse page and then flickers off. Help?

• My spotify app won't stay open on my iphone 4s. whenever i open it, spotify goes to the browse page and then flickers off. Help?
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.6.0

What's new in this version (1.6.0) New: Save whole albums to Your Music directly from the album page. Check out release year and total play time by swiping the album header. New: Spotify now speaks Finnish. Fictitious: This app was designed by David ...

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg
  • Spotify Legend
  •   What's new in this version (1.6.0)   New: Save whole albums to Your Music directly from the album page. Check out release year and total play time by swiping the album header. ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 1 likes
    iOS
    Release Notes
  • 29 replies
  • 1 likes