Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Name on car radio

Hi, mi first post here. Thanks to everybody can help me... I've Spotify Premium and Premium Deezer too. My iPhone is connected to a car radio via dock (Keenwood iP500). so I can fast forward skip pause and recharge my iPhone. The question is: On Deez...

• Hi, mi first post here.   Thanks to everybody can help me...   I've Spotify Premium and Premium Deezer too.   My iPhone is connected to a car radio via dock (Keenwood iP500...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio seems hopelessly broken - duplicate songs?

Hi all, I just signed up for Spotify Canada, but the Radio feature seems hopelessly broken? The radio station feature seems to duplicate songs over and over, or play variations of the same song multiple times, sometimes in a row? I did a search and I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,    I just signed up for Spotify Canada, but the Radio feature seems hopelessly broken?   The radio station feature seems to duplicate songs over and over, or play varia...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ios app crashes frequently on ipod touch

I recently installed Soptify on my 32 GB Ipod Touch. Things are going smoothly for the most part. However, the ios app that recently became available in the Canadian ITunes storedoes crash frequently when I am searching for a song or if I press the P...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently installed Soptify on my 32 GB Ipod Touch. Things are going smoothly for the most part. However, the ios app that recently became available in the Canadian ITunes storedoes crash frequently...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

Hi Guys, Have a question about local files and playing offline When i add music to Spotify from my laptop, I drag them into local files, then create playlists etc. i open Spotify on my phone to make the music available offline, now all these songs go...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys,   Have a question about local files and playing offline   When i add music to Spotify from my laptop, I drag them into local files, then create playlists etc.   i ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing random pop songs

Using iPhone 3, free account. When playing an album on shuffle, spotify will play random pop songs for the recommended songs. I've seen Britney Spears, Taylor swift, micheal Jackson, etc. when I'm playing an album by Ryan bingham or Kelly Willis and ...

• Using iPhone 3, free account. When playing an album on shuffle, spotify will play random pop songs for the recommended songs. I've seen Britney Spears, Taylor swift, micheal Jackson, etc. when I'm pl...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local files using iPhone

I used to be able to manually sync my local files from my computer to my iPhone using the free version of Spotify. Now when I click to manually sync the songs it automatically switches to sync all local files to the device. I don't want to sync every...

• Roadie
  • I used to be able to manually sync my local files from my computer to my iPhone using the free version of Spotify. Now when I click to manually sync the songs it automatically switches to sync all lo...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No more synchronization on my iphone!

Hello, I have trouble with my Spotify application on my Iphone. Often, when I'm connected to wifi, the synchronization of my songs stops. I have deleted and re-installed the app multiple times and it's always the same. At some point it just stops syn...

• Hello,    I have trouble with my Spotify application on my Iphone. Often, when I'm connected to wifi, the synchronization of my songs stops. I have deleted and re-installed the app mult...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Internet Connection required for Spotify Connect

Would have been nice to know that Spotify Connect requires the wireless network to have a connection to the internet in order to allow the devices on the network to control one another. That means you can't just walk into a room with an iPad, iPhone,...

• Casual Listener
  • Would have been nice to know that Spotify Connect requires the wireless network to have a connection to the internet in order to allow the devices on the network to control one another.  That me...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Following Artists - only 100 out of 500 are showing under "Profile > Following"

Only 100 out of 500 Artists I'm Following are showing for me - I am stricly referring to the issue found in the "Profile > Following" section. I understand that Artists I've started Following recently now show up in the "Your Music > Artists" section...

• Visitor
  • Only 100 out of 500 Artists I'm Following are showing for me - I am stricly referring to the issue found in the "Profile > Following" section. I understand that Artists I've started Fo...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • following artists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sincronisation

I've done all of the steps to have new music available offline but it doesn't sincronize

• Casual Listener
  • I've done all of the steps to have new music available offline but it doesn't sincronize
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Change?

Why did Spotify change the way albums are grouped under artists? It used to show songs with a title bar that stated which album it was from right above it but now it's all grouped as one list.

• Why did Spotify change the way albums are grouped under artists? It used to show songs with a title bar that stated which album it was from right above it but now it's all grouped as one list.
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

failing activation

hey I have bought a month of premium on spotify and it takes the money and says I have bought it but then it says failed to activate premium and then when I press get premium again it says that I have already bought it and asks if I want to renew, ho...

• Casual Listener
  • hey I have bought a month of premium on spotify and it takes the money and says I have bought it but then it says failed to activate premium and then when I press get premium again it says that I hav...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

7 day free trial

Today I clicked the "try premium free" and was put on a seven day free trial. I won't be charged for this correct and it will just return to my free account? (I didn't put any payment options in)

• Today I clicked the "try premium free" and was put on a seven day free trial. I won't be charged for this correct and it will just return to my free account? (I didn't put any payment options in)
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files Playlist Missing

Hi, I have an iphone 4 and I had a local files playlist and now it is gone. When I go to the computer desktop for Spotify, it is gone as well. Is there any way to retrieve this other than getting the local files?

• Hi, I have an iphone 4 and I had a local files playlist and now it is gone. When I go to the computer desktop for Spotify, it is gone as well. Is there any way to retrieve this other than getting...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Music - not on ipad? WTF?!

Who did come up with that brilliant idea to leave Your Music out from the ipad version? Amateurs ....

• Regular
  • Who did come up with that brilliant idea to leave Your Music out from the ipad version? Amateurs ....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ipad yourmusic
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[CRASHING] Spotify crash while playing local files, iPhone 5S

Situation: iPhone 5S, IOS 7.1.2, Spotify v1.6.0.1746, Full battery, 2GB of free memory. I have an off-line playlist, 134 songs long. Some of the songs are local files (mp3) I bought at other vendor's. Problem: Spotify crashes when trying to play one ...

• Situation: iPhone 5S, IOS 7.1.2, Spotify v1.6.0.1746, Full battery, 2GB of free memory. I have an off-line playlist, 134 songs long. Some of the songs are local files (mp3) I bought at other vend...
  • AsherMusic
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delete songs from library?

I use spotify to sync my local files to my iphone. My local files aren't from itunes, they're just saved onto my computer in a folder. I used to have a dell, and had all my songs on that computer and synced them to my phone. However I recently just g...

• Regular
  • I use spotify to sync my local files to my iphone. My local files aren't from itunes, they're just saved onto my computer in a folder. I used to have a dell, and had all my songs on that computer and...
  • AlexandarPierce
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing the Discover tab on iPad but it's there on iPhone

Good morning! I have a question regarding the discover tab, I have seen similar reports but wanted to flag this up again. I have the Discover feature on my iPhone, Mac and web version of spotify but not on the iPad... I gather from reading other post...

• Casual Listener
  • Good morning!   I have a question regarding the discover tab, I have seen similar reports but wanted to flag this up again.   I have the Discover feature on my iPhone, Mac and web v...
  • Garrard
  • 14 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 10 likes

SYNC Music

Trying to listen to my music on the offline mode. Does anyone know the step to this process?? Thanks

• Trying to listen to my music on the offline mode. Does anyone know the step to this process?? Thanks
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iphone 5s won't play local files.

So I have a few local files on my playlist, when i click them it "plays" them but no music and no green status bar. I just went from a 4s to 5s and now the 5s won't play local files but the 4s is fine.

• So I have a few local files on my playlist, when i click them it "plays" them but no music and no green status bar.  I just went from a 4s to 5s and now the 5s won't play local files but the 4s ...
  • Adro87
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes