Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Legacy app for iOS 5.1.1?

Legacy app for iOS 5.1.1?

I am wondering if there's any way to get my hands on a Spotify app version that will work on my 2nd gen iPod Touch that's running iOS 5.1.1. I can't swing a new ipod right now and need to get my newly upgraded Spotify account to play nice with my ipod. The fate of my family's first Family Vacation Ever (I'm 48, so it's been a long time coming!) rests in your hands!  I couldn't find a way to ask the Spotify people directly, so I'm hoping someone knows if I can make this happen. 

Thank you for your help!

2 Replies

I have hopefully figured it out. Scrolling through my ipod touch, I found that I had installed spotify a long time ago, so it seems to be working ok so far. I'm going to keep testing and hopefully won't need to have an answer to my original question.

Hi @traypup, glad to see that you've still got an old version of the app installed. To answer your question however, Spotify is no longer supporting iOS 6 and below.

In order to officially install Spotify from the App Store, you need to be on iOS 7 and above, so if your device cannot upgrade to iOS 7, there's not too much we can do about it unfortunately.

Suggested posts