Premium Duo

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 16.3.1

My Question or Issue

Every time I close the app on my phone the shuffled queue I had re-shuffles. When it re-shuffles it does not do a full re sorting of all the songs, but seems to re-sort the same or similar selections of songs because there are alwyas several songs in the top of the queue that I listnend to recently depsite the order being re-shuffled with new songs included. Not only this but when it re-shuffles it starts in the middle of a queue, being further in depending on how many songs I listened to before closing the app. In any case when it is re-shuffled there are songs placed previusly in the queue that were not listened to.

As a result every time I open the app I have to reshuffle the playlist, because if I just listened to the newly created queue it will include a bunch of songs I have just heard, and because songs that did not play appear before the active song, it will exclude a bunch of songs that I did not hear recently, making for a much less enjoyable shuffle listening experience.

I have read similar posts in which is was suggested that the shuffle "not remembering the queue" after some time or when the app was closed is a feature, not a bug, that it works that way on purpose. However it seems my situation must be a bug because:

1. The problems seems to be intermittent - in the past it did not do this and one day it started, having stopped and started a few times since. In the past usually a technique of opening the playlist and closing it once or twice before listening to the music eventually "locked" the queue and solved the problem after a few re-shuffles, however no such pattern is working this time and it has carried on for a long time.

2. The problem only exists on my "Like Songs" playlist, and only occurs on the mobile app. I have a few other playlists that were made by selecting a song and pressing "add to playlist" and constructing the playlist that way. If I shuffle them I can listen to as many songs into the playlist as I want and close the app, and when I re open it the playlist is still playing with the same songs behind and ahead in the same order. The only playlist the issue occurs with is the Liked Songs, the playlist made by clicking the heart to add or Like the song. Also the problem does not occur on the desktop app, including playing the "Liked Songs". I shuffle it and it creates a queue, then close the app on PC and re open it, and it has maintained the queue.

3. This problem seems to only occur on my phone. My girlfriend, who I share the Premium Duo account with, can shuffle her liked songs and close the app without changing the queue, and has always been able to do this. My current phone is her previous phone, and my phone before this one was one of her previous phones as well. During all her time using the same phones that I have had the problem on, she has not, and I have tested this on her phone throughout the past each time this issue started occuring for me.

I have done a regular re-install, a clean re-install, logged out and back in, cleared the cache, ensured everything is fully up to date and that no phone settings were interacting the spotify in such a way that may effect the shuffle (as far as I can tell), and app backup and refresh is turned on.

I can't think of anything else to try or any more help for this specific issue online, so hopefully someone else on here has at least contented with this issue as well and has some advice to offer me. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for any replies.

0 Replies

Suggested posts