Step 1

NEXT STEP

“Liked songs” playlist won’t shuffle if I click “enhance”

“Liked songs” playlist won’t shuffle if I click “enhance”

PlanPremium

Country- USA

Device- iPhone 13 Pro 

Operating System- 15.6.1

Liked songs playlist won’t shuffle if I have “enhance” option selected. Worked fine until yesterday. I have 8,468 liked songs, if I click “enhance it goes to 12,701 songs, and automatically deselects the shuffle icon. I can get the shuffle icon to re-select (turn green w/dot) but the playlist still just plays top to bottom. Super annoying

I’ve restarted phone, cleared cache, done a complete deletion of app and reinstalled, logged out and back in etc. All to no avail. It will shuffle the playlist if I do not have Enchance selected.

In the two other places I can access the shuffle icon. It appears “grayed out” and can’t be toggled on

7EE8FA99-0D45-4423-9CD0-BBEDDE23A9F6.png
9B12DFEA-B72C-4BB3-88D9-5087451C6B59.png
C7A07114-5FFA-487A-9512-C6AB6CCB697E.png
4 Replies

Hey there @Kvnseconds

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

Just to confirm, is this only happening when you're listening to music on an external device or when you're streaming directly on your phone as well? 

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to check if the issue persists with a different account?

Lastly, we suggest that you check if the OS of your phone is up to date. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

it happens regardless of output (external device or on phone) 

phone, and Spotify all up to date. Was hoping latest update would solve the issue but no luck. 

I’ve also tested the issue on my iPad and have the same problem. I’ll try using someone else’s account on my phone, but the fact it is happening on iPad also, makes me think it’s a software issue, not hardware. 

Additional update: latest Spotify update introduced “smart shuffle” essentially shuffle and enhance combined. It allows me to select this on playlists I’ve created, but not my “Liked Songs” playlist. That still have the enhance and shuffle button separated, and I’m still having the issue where it disables shuffle as soon as I click “enhance”

Hi @Kvnseconds

Thanks for your reply. 

No worries, right now the Smart Shuffle is only available for any user-curated playlists which have music in them. Soon we will be bringing this feature to other playlist types on Spotify. 

On another note, it'd be helpful if you could check with a different account that has a less amount of Liked songs since large playlists can affect the app performance. 

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts