Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Limitations with offline mode

Limitations with offline mode

I sync my playlists to my phone so I can listen to music outside of wifi without wasting my data.  This works, but the apps usability is severely limited: I can only play songs from within a single playlist.  If I swipe to the right, the Artist and Album sections are populated with the artists/albums corresponding to the songs that I've synced to my phone.  However, if I tap into an album or artist, it seems to be attempting to load the data using the internet.  I've disabled data usage for the app, so the app hangs here (without even an error message!).  It would be great if these situations didn't require the internet, as sometimes I want to listen to a particular artist or album, but need to find the playlist I added it to in order to play.  This is a terrible user experience for me becaue I have pretty large, unordered playlists that I need to search through to find the songs I want.  Additionally, this bug makes it impossible to shuffle the songs for an artist/album.  I feel like since these sections of the app are already populated using the offline data, it would not be too difficult to make these work for offline mode.

0 Replies

Suggested posts