Premium

Country

Canada

Device

IPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

So since the June 2019 update, a bunch of my saved and downloaded music in my library won’t play if I’m disconnected from wifi or data. All my music had to be downloaded again for some reason right before the update and I was under the assumption that they all did (especially because there’s no indication that’s more music is downloading like there was before). But like I said, a lot of my music won’t play until I find a wifi connection or turn my data on.

8 Replies

Hey @Jammali98, thanks for reaching out! 

Could you try playing music in Offline Mode by going to Home in the Spotify app > Settings Playback > Turn Offline to 'On'?

Ley me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Billy-J, I tried t out and same thing. The songs wouldn’t play. I screenrecorded and I’ll try to add the video in here but yeah turned offline mode on and tried shuffle play, first 2 songs wouldn’t play.

8E894E3E-E976-4672-9FB6-22484AE28A91.png

Yeah looks like the video link doesn’t work 😕

Hey @Jammali98.

Could you try all the steps in this Spotify Answer for your iPhone device?

Let me know how this goes

Billy-JSpotify Star

Tried it out, but now it’s redownloading all the music again so I’ll have to wait until that’s done to check. The fact that I have to keep Spotify open to download the music is inconvenient as I have 1600 songs saved (I needa go through and purge some music soon).

Hey @Jammali98.

No worries! Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey @Billy-J,

looks like it’s working now. I guess they weren’t downloading so re-installing the app got them to do just that.

Thank you!

Hey @Jammali98.

You're very welcome! I'm very happy that this issue got resolved. If you need help with anything in the future, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be more than happy to help.

Have a great day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts