Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

How can I play PC local files on an iPhone using Spotify?

I'm a premium user in the USA and I'm having a terrible time trying to get local files on my PC (Windows 10) to play on my iPhone (X) with Spotify. The instructions I'm finding online aren't quite making sense to me. Current situation: I have three l...

• I'm a premium user in the USA and I'm having a terrible time trying to get local files on my PC (Windows 10) to play on my iPhone (X) with Spotify. The instructions I'm finding online aren't quite ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[BMW][Connected Drive] Spotify is crashing randomly using 'search' function

Spotify is randomly crashing while using 'search' option through the Connected Drive menu. PlanPremiumCountryPoland DeviceiPhone 5S 32 GB GOLDBMW 428i, 2015, NBT Operating SystemiOS 12.2BMW NBT is updated to latest version My Question or IssueI am co...

• Spotify is randomly crashing while using 'search' option through the Connected Drive menu.   Plan Premium Country Poland   Device iPhone 5S 32 GB GOLD BMW 428i, 2015, NBT   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

camera stuck in filter mode?

A few months ago I let my toddler play with the camera on my iPhone 8 and when I got it back there was a purple haze 'effect' over the capture image, and I've not been able to figure out how to turn it off since. It only happens in low light conditio...

• A few months ago I let my toddler play with the camera on my iPhone 8 and when I got it back there was a purple haze 'effect' over the capture image, and I've not been able to figure out how to turn ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps pausing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIphone XOperating SystemIOS 12.2 (up to date) My Question or IssueSpotify keeps pausing after playing a song for a few seconds. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out everywhere, made sure battery saver was off and even ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Iphone X Operating System IOS 12.2 (up to date)   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps pausing after playing a song for a few seconds. I've uninstalled, r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle not available on some playlists

Plan - PremiumCountry - USDevice - iPhone 8Operating System - iOS 10 My Question or Issue - I have the latest version of Spotify running on my phone. Spotify is up-to-date, as is the OS. I've found several Spotify-created playlists that don't have sh...

• Regular
  • Plan - Premium Country - US Device - iPhone 8 Operating System - iOS 10   My Question or Issue - I have the latest version of Spotify running on my phone. Spotify is up-...
  • handymonkey
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle Playlist
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

BMW Connected Drive issues (Metadata, browse/search)

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemApp Version 8.5.2.666iOS 12.2 My Question or Issue:I am connecting Spotify to Connected Drive on my 2015 M4 and with the latest app /and the upgrade to iOS 12.2 a few issues have been introduced...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device iPhone X Operating System App Version 8.5.2.666 iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue: I am connecting Spotify to Connected Drive on my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can’t Listen to some Music

Even they are not gray, I cannot play these songsI am trying to play these songs, i’ve found them but i cant listen to them, why???

84E57640-AAFE-4E08-8AAB-93FEED0B6902.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Even they are not gray, I cannot play these songs I am trying to play these songs, i’ve found them but i cant listen to them, why???
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

ios playback bug: music starts when screen turned off

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDevice(iPhone XOperating System(iOS 12.2) My Question or IssueEver since Spotify patched to 8.4.99, if the spotify app is open on my phone and active enough for iOS to display the media controls on my lockscreen, when I turn off ...

• Plan Premium Country Usa Device (iPhone X Operating System (iOS 12.2)   My Question or Issue Ever since Spotify patched to 8.4.99, if the spotify app is open on my phone and active eno...
  • mau_madrigal
  • 5 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 21 likes

Siri not playing songs through Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueRecently Spotify has stopped working with Siri. I'll request a song and it will say "I can't play this on Spotify. Here's the track on Apple Music instead" and the track...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device IPhone XR Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue Recently Spotify has stopped working with Siri. I'll request a song and it will say "I can't ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Bug when adding songs to queue draging from left to right

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or Issue Hello everyone! If if try to add a song to the queue draging from left to right while using offline mode the song is not added to the queue. The only way to fix th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue   Hello everyone!   If if try to add a song to the queue draging from left ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 7+Operating System(iOS 10My Question or IssueWhen i add songs to the queue, it confirms they have been added but they do not show up or play in the queue order. If i click the shuffle button none of the so...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 7+ Operating System (iOS 10 My Question or Issue When i add songs to the queue, it confirms they have been added but they do not show up or ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Interface Issue

lanPremiumCountryARGENTINADeviceiPhone 7 plus My Question Good MorningI've got a question on the spotify interface... My friend has IOs and has a different "spotify" ... attached are 2 screenshots can someone tell me why mine is different? is there a...

• Casual Listener
  • lan Premium Country ARGENTINA Device iPhone 7 plus   My Question    Good Morning I've got a question on the spotify interface...  My friend has IOs and has a different ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Download songs on iPhone

HelloWhy doesn’t the Download button appear anymore? In the past there has always been this download button (+), but now it disappears. I tried to add songs to my own playlist and try to download by using the switch-on button, it downloaded my songs,...

5384B83B-C32D-4835-A59A-18CA53A5F8E3.jpeg BDF313F2-DAF7-40E8-85B8-E6EDB2501F3A.jpeg 7E7016FB-EB4B-4D93-8AEB-541A5831D212.jpeg 53933FAA-A7D6-4260-A274-01B9828ED41B.jpeg
  • Hello Why doesn’t the Download button appear anymore? In the past there has always been this download button (+), but now it disappears. I tried to add songs to my own playlist and try to download b...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit songs gone

so i was listening to my eminem playlist as usual and i noticed that a song didnt even show up in my playlist , the explicit version of “love you more” is no where to be seen , the only version i can find of it now is the censored version , help ?? W...

• Casual Listener
  • so i was listening to my eminem playlist as usual and i noticed that a song didnt even show up in my playlist , the explicit version of “love you more” is no where to be seen , the only version i can...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify iOS SDK Player API

I have developed an iOS music app in which integrated Spotify iOS SDK . Every thing is working fine but the problem is when I have to play a specific song from a playlist by clicking on that song I am unable to do that and song doesn't play, even I c...

• Casual Listener
  • I have developed an iOS music app in which integrated Spotify iOS SDK . Every thing is working fine but the problem is when I have to play a specific song from a playlist by clicking on that song I a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing songs from Playlists

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceiPhone xOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueOn my Macbook I have a Spotify playlist with 686 songs. On my iPhone the playlist title shows 686 songs but there are only 5 songs in the playlist (can't see the o...

•   Plan Premium Country Australia  Device iPhone x Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue On my Macbook I have a Spotify playlist with 686 songs. On my iPhone the p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New Spotify Update (8.5.2)

I opened up Spotify this morning to find.. well... no home screen. It’s just the search tab, the library tab, and the premium info tab at the bottom now. Don’t know if this is my phone (it’s an iPhone 6s, and I’ve never had problems with Spotify befo...

• I opened up Spotify this morning to find.. well... no home screen. It’s just the search tab, the library tab, and the premium info tab at the bottom now. Don’t know if this is my phone (it’s an iPhon...
  • Ethan_Moore004
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle artist doesn’t stick to the same artist

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI was trying to shuffle with one specific artist (Marteria) this morning as I often do. Instead of working like normal, it would either play one marteria song and swi...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue I was trying to shuffle with one specific artist (Marteria) this morning as I often do. In...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play for Discover Weekly.

After application an update I no longer have the option to turn off shuffle play for Discover Weekly. Please return this feature. Thank you.

• After application an update I no longer have the option to turn off shuffle play for Discover Weekly. Please return this feature. Thank you.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Force re-connect to a foreign device

I'm on an iPhone 6 and pay for Premium service. When streaming music I typically can listen for 30 -45 mins and then my music turns off while the app stays open. When I try to play my music again by hitting the play button, the app will mysteriously ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on an iPhone 6 and pay for Premium service. When streaming music I typically can listen for 30 -45 mins and then my music turns off while the app stays open. When I try to play my music again by ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes