Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Searching Songs

Hi guys. I’m on my Liked Songs. Does anyone have the alphabet first letter bar missing on the right? I have to scroll ALL the way down to listen to a song that starts with a T instead of clicking the letter t and being directed there.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys. I’m on my Liked Songs. Does anyone have the alphabet first letter bar missing on the right?   I have to scroll ALL the way down to listen to a song that starts with a T instead of cli...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

How to delete downloaded songs but not get rid of them from library

I have spotify premium (version 8.4.99) and I'm using on my iPhone6. I've downloaded some music on it and I've selected the option to have an artist's music not be downloaded since I don't really listen to them while I'm out and about, however it sti...

• Regular
  • I have spotify premium (version 8.4.99) and I'm using on my iPhone6.   I've downloaded some music on it and I've selected the option to have an artist's music not be downloaded since I don't r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

If I tap an artist in my libary why its drop back to the artist page?

So I have spotify for a year,and when I tapped to the libary and I opened one of the artist the spotify is show me the songs what I downloaded from the artist. Now when I am tap on the artist in the libary it show the artist page. Why? And how can i ...

• So I have spotify for a year,and when I tapped to the libary and I opened one of the artist the spotify is show me the songs what I downloaded from the artist. Now when I am tap on the artist in the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some official spotify playlists are acting wierd on song skip

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.2Spotify version8.4.99.771 My Question or IssueHello! I'm having some problems with certain Spotify's official playlists. Here what is acting wierd :- Both "Brain Food" and "Dance Party" a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.2 Spotify version 8.4.99.771   My Question or Issue Hello!  I'm having some problems with certain Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played list is taking me to artists' page, not saved songs

So the recently played list is my go-to when heading on to Spotify. Usually, when I go on to it and click on an artist, instead of taking me to all the saved/downloaded music I have of that artist it sends me to the artists' page instead. It is very ...

• Casual Listener
  • So the recently played list is my go-to when heading on to Spotify. Usually, when I go on to it and click on an artist, instead of taking me to all the saved/downloaded music I have of that artist it...
  • chazwik31
  • 7 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Recently played artist
  • 7 replies
  • 18 likes

Voice Search Missing

PlanPremium CountryUS DeviceiPhone 7 Operating SystemiOS 12.2 Spotify Version8.4.99.771 My Question or IssueThe voice search option is not available in my app. Have reinstalled, looked for microphone setting in privacy, have made sure I’m on latest i...

• Plan Premium   Country US   Device iPhone 7   Operating System iOS 12.2   Spotify Version 8.4.99.771   My Question or Issue The voice search option is not ava...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! 'Classical New Releases: Spotify Picks' stopped updating

Plan PremiumCountry Australia DeviceiMac, ipad Operating SystemIOS My Question or Issue 'Classical New Releases: Spotify Picks' stopped updating since a month ago. Anyone else experiencing similar problem?

• Plan Premium Country Australia   Device iMac, ipad  Operating System IOS   My Question or Issue   'Classical New Releases: Spotify Picks' stopped updating since a m...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why was the Search/Filter moved to a new and more complicated view without swiping behaviour?

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDeviceiPhone 8, iPad 6th GenOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueWhy was the old filtering/search behaviour removed? I'm refering to actually filter the current TableView/List you are viewing, now you are taken t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device iPhone 8, iPad 6th Gen Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Why was the old filtering/search behaviour removed?   I'm referi...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Problema apple watch 4

Hello very good, I have an apple watch 4 and Iphone X, I can not manage from my watch spotify remains empty information does not show the information of the song that is played on my Iphone X, or change the song. If it worked well with my apple watch...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello very good, I have an apple watch 4 and Iphone X, I can not manage from my watch spotify remains empty information does not show the information of the song that is played on my Iphone X, or cha...
  • Lanthi
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts won’t download

PlanPremiumCountryNew Zealand DeviceiPhone 8 +Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI’m unable to download podcasts, the loading bar doesnt move. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling I’ve tried a simple close and restart appI can still down...

• Plan Premium Country New Zealand  Device iPhone 8 + Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue I’m unable to download podcasts, the loading bar doesnt move.  Ive tried...
  • 0 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 15 likes

Songs change on their own before finished

I have iOS 8 plus, Spotify premium for family.Songs change on their own before they are finished. Ive already deleted app and reinstalled. Very annoying. Started happening in the last month. Also this support system is annoying. Should be built into ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have iOS 8 plus, Spotify premium for family. Songs change on their own before they are finished. Ive already deleted app and reinstalled. Very annoying. Started happening in the last month. Also t...
  • Jhowell80
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Radio not working same as desktop

When clicking on “go to radio” on a certain song it takes me to a 30 track playlist that does not keep updating like it does on desktop.. also the song that i wanted to listen to is not even in the playlist. is there a way to get it to take me to a p...

• Casual Listener
  • When clicking on “go to radio” on a certain song it takes me to a 30 track playlist that does not keep updating like it does on desktop.. also the song that i wanted to listen to is not even in the p...
  • Alexclarkny
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline podcasts

Hi, I've got a problem with downloading podcasts episodes. It's just not working but I do not have any issues w/ downloading music or playlists.I got 26GB of free spacegreets PlanPremium Device(iPhone 6)Operating System(iOS 12.1.3)

• Hi, I've got a problem with downloading podcasts episodes. It's just not working but I do not have any issues w/ downloading music or playlists. I got 26GB of free space greets   Plan P...
  • evandk2017
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Recently played artists can't be played offline

I generally listen to songs straight from my saved artists, so usually I just hit the downloaded artist and press play (I hardly ever stream on my phone). However, I recently have started having trouble doing that, where when I click on a downloaded ...

• I generally listen to songs straight from my saved artists, so usually I just hit the downloaded artist and press play (I hardly ever stream on my phone). However, I recently have started having trou...
  • kirkbushman
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Random Playlists Start Playing

Hello, so recently when ever I start one of my playlist (I have it one shuffle and repeat) and half way through the first song it switches to some random genre playlist that I don’t want. It always by Playlist Kings as well. my device - iPad (iOS)pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   so recently when ever I start one of my playlist (I have it one shuffle and repeat) and half way through the first song it switches to some random genre playlist that I don’t want. It...
  • urban_angel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

saving albums

When I try saving whole albums, the songs don't show up in the 'favourite songs' playlist. how do I save the songs in the albums without having to save each individual song?

• When I try saving whole albums, the songs don't show up in the 'favourite songs' playlist. how do I save the songs in the albums without having to save each individual song?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring Back Artist and Album view- update not as user friendly

I know this isn't the 1st post regarding this subject, but I want to add another one because I cannot stand the new update. I don't even know how to navigate my library any longer. Who doesn't navigate by artist??? (other than a few that prefer album...

• Regular
  • I know this isn't the 1st post regarding this subject, but I want to add another one because I cannot stand the new update.  I don't even know how to navigate my library any longer.  Who do...
  • KingMedrano
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Disappearing Playback Options

This is the second time it’s happened to me in 2 months and just wanted to post here to shine some light on it so it can get fixed PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.2

• Casual Listener
  • This is the second time it’s happened to me in 2 months and just wanted to post here to shine some light on it so it can get fixed 😁   Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone XS Op...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle keeps turning off!!!

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIphone XOperating SystemIOS 12.1.4My Question or IssueI only listen to my playlists on shuffle and repeat, but these settings are constantly turning off automatically. I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, exitin...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Iphone X Operating System IOS 12.1.4 My Question or Issue I only listen to my playlists on shuffle and repeat, but these settings are constantly turning off a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files will not Sync from Mac onto iPhone

Premium U.S. but currently studying in U.K. iPhone 8s Macbook Pro I have seen numerous posts on this in other threads, but all of the solutions I have seen did not work for me. I am on an iPhone and Macbook Pro. My downloaded songs appear on the Macb...

• Premium  U.S. but currently studying in U.K.   iPhone 8s  Macbook Pro   I have seen numerous posts on this in other threads, but all of the solutions I have seen did not wor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    local files
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
    local files not syncing
    local files on iphone
    local files sync mobile phone
    macbook
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes