Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Behind The Lyrics not showing for some songs

Hi! Although Behind the Lyrics continues to show for some songs in my playlist, it has suddenly completely vanished from other songs (I remember them being there and even the text of some of them.) I have force quit and reopened, installed and reinst...

• Hi!    Although Behind the Lyrics continues to show for some songs in my playlist, it has suddenly completely vanished from other songs (I remember them being there and even the text of s...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

iphone link stuck on App Store page

Hi, I know this problem has existed for others but I can’t seem to figure it out. I have restarted my phone, updated my iPhone software, and reninstalled the Spotify app. when I click on a link that a friend has sent to a song/playlist, it takes me t...

• Hi, I know this problem has existed for others but I can’t seem to figure it out. I have restarted my phone, updated my iPhone software, and reninstalled the Spotify app.   when I click on a l...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist by spotify cuts short songs

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueWhenever I play a playlist by Spotify, the songs are cut short. For example when playing “Motivation Mix” by spotify, the first song “All Falls Down” has onl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue Whenever I play a playlist by Spotify, the songs are cut short. For example when ...
  • carollo602
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Missing dislike/do not play option on the APP

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemIOS 12.1.4Application version8.5.0.833 My Question or IssueMy issue is that I can no longer dislike or stop Spotify from playing certain songs on my daily mix as it is missing the "do not ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone XS Operating System IOS 12.1.4 Application version 8.5.0.833   My Question or Issue My issue is that I can no longer dislike or stop ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot save

i am having ongoing issues not being able to save songs. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling which fixes the issue for a short time but the problem keeps happening. In the past month I have had to reinstall 3 times. It just happened again toda...

• i am having ongoing issues not being able to save songs.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling which fixes the issue for a short time but the problem keeps happening.  In the past mon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cannot save
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

entire album showing up under saved

I have an iPhone X and when I go to my saved albums it's showing the entire album instead of just the songs from the album that I actually saved. I'm not sure if this is just the way it is now (if it is, is there a way to turn this off?) or if it's a...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone X and when I go to my saved albums it's showing the entire album instead of just the songs from the album that I actually saved. I'm not sure if this is just the way it is now (if it...
  • collin7
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • saved music
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Daily Mixes all disappeared (all platforms)

I just recently switched from free to premium, and I'm running Spotify on a Macbook (2016) and iPhone XS Max. Everything is updated to the lastest version, and right after I upgraded to premium, all of my daily mixes disappeared. It started when they...

• I just recently switched from free to premium, and I'm running Spotify on a Macbook (2016) and iPhone XS Max. Everything is updated to the lastest version, and right after I upgraded to premium, all ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iPhone Bug?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueFor some reason when I pause my music playing on Spotify and try to lock my phone it unpauses my music. I tried seeing if the same issue arised on other music apps but i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue For some reason when I pause my music playing on Spotify and try to lock my phone it unpauses...
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Local Files not downloading onto iPhone.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemWindows 10 Ok, I have learned from my mistake of checking to make sure my computer is connected via the same WiFi network in order to download local files onto my iPhone Spotify. But now even when the...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 7 Operating System Windows 10   Ok, I have learned from my mistake of checking to make sure my computer is connected via the same WiFi network in o...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify not showing up as status on discord

Spotify doesn’t show up as my status on discord. I have tried-uninstalling discord and Spotify.-reconnecting my accountI’m on an iPhone 6s, with the latest iOS update. I have free Spotify

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify doesn’t show up as my status on discord.  I have tried -uninstalling discord and Spotify. -reconnecting my account I’m on an iPhone 6s, with the latest iOS update. I have free Spotif...
  • Anita__xo
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has been nothing but a disaster since I installed

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone 6, iPad, Play music through Sonos Sound BarMy Question or Issue:I went all in on Spotify and got premium and installed the app on my phone, Mac and iPad. Since then, nothing works very well. Everytime I try to ...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone 6, iPad,  Play music through Sonos Sound Bar My Question or Issue: I went all in on Spotify and got premium and installed the app on my phone, Mac ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

custom equalizer settings aren’t saved everytime I reopen spotify app on ios

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 12.2) My Question or Issue question- i like my music a certain way so i use the custom equalizer settings to make my own pattern. However, everytime I exit the app and i stsrt playing my musi...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 12.2)   My Question or Issue   question- i like my music a certain way so i use the custom equalizer set...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting album tracks

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I used to be able to delete a track by tapping ‘...’ and selecting remove. This option seems to have disappeared, does anyone have a solution ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I used to be able to delete a track by tapping ‘...’ ...
  • mookid74
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

EPs are all below Singles

Spotify currently has it organized that all the singles are listed first, then all the eps. I believe people will miss out on artists eps because they are buried beneath the singles from albums. Eps sometimes have exclusive songs or all separate song...

• Spotify currently has it organized that all the singles are listed first, then all the eps. I believe people will miss out on artists eps because they are buried beneath the singles from albums. Eps ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nike+ app not playing Spotify playlists

I saw that this was posted about before but there was never a resolution posted. I’m having a problem where my Spotify playlist stops playing through the Nike+ Run Club app, seemingly when my phone switches from WiFi to LTE. Once this happens, someti...

• I saw that this was posted about before but there was never a resolution posted. I’m having a problem where my Spotify playlist stops playing through the Nike+ Run Club app, seemingly when my phone s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to “like” a track without saving it to library?

occasionally discover weekly will provide a playlist, and im curious to know how to indicate i like the song via the heart button, without adding it to the Liked Songs library. Essentially i want spotify to know I enjoyed the song and want similar re...

• occasionally discover weekly will provide a playlist, and im curious to know how to indicate i like the song via the heart button, without adding it to the Liked Songs library. Essentially i want spo...
  • AppleG
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to sort playlists on iPad as described on Help pages

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPadOperating SystemIOS12 My Question or IssueI want to sort my playlists by artist. I followed the instructions on the Help pages but pressing the three parallel lines doesn’t give me any options to sort.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPad Operating System IOS12   My Question or Issue I want to sort my playlists by artist. I followed the instructions on the Help pages but pressing the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New UI on only my phone?

Hey, recently, my UI has been different than all my other friends with the same iPhone X. To access my liked songs, I have to go into playlists, then into liked songs. My artist page is all messed up, it’s only showing artists that I follow, not the ...

• Hey, recently, my UI has been different than all my other friends with the same iPhone X. To access my liked songs, I have to go into playlists, then into liked songs. My artist page is all messed up...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Strange layout? Read this!

So, everyone! Spotify has suddenly decided to mess up the layout completely, we are missing a repeat button, our recents lists are gone, also the artist page is useless since the last update. Even worse, spotify has no customer service to reach out t...

• Music Fan
  • So, everyone!    Spotify has suddenly decided to mess up the layout completely, we are missing a repeat button, our recents lists are gone, also the artist page is useless since the last ...
  • Mjlark
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes