Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify causes my phone to crash and reboot

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 6S PlusOperating SystemiOS 11 and iOS 12 (beta) My Question or IssueSpotify freezes up at random intervals throughout the day and crashes my iPhone causing it to reboot. I’ve tried a factory reset on my phone, updat...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 6S Plus Operating System iOS 11 and iOS 12 (beta)   My Question or Issue Spotify freezes up at random intervals throughout the day and cras...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unrequested downloads

PlanFree/PremiumCountry US / Venezuela DeviceIphone 7Operating SystemiOS 11.4 My Question or IssueThere are plenty of songs from albums or playlists that I saved to my music that downloaded without my request, now my downloads limit is reached and I ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country  US / Venezuela  Device Iphone 7 Operating System iOS 11.4   My Question or Issue There are plenty of songs from albums or playlists that I ...
  • Lparigi34
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random “Suggested” songs always playing

Right I have absolutely had it with this app. Whenever I play an album or a playlist I’ve created, instead of the music I want to hear, I’m getting random music that is nothing like what I’m trying to listen to! I’ve turned off auto play, and from wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Right I have absolutely had it with this app. Whenever I play an album or a playlist I’ve created, instead of the music I want to hear, I’m getting random music that is nothing like what I’m trying t...
  • LordDerpington
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot see now playing songs and last queue songs

PlanPremiumCountry singaporeDevice(iPhone 7 plusOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuei am using iphone 7+ and have been using spotify for few months. recently i just found out that i cant see my now playing song...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  singapore Device (iPhone 7 plus Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue i am using iphone 7+ and have been using...
  • lanshiyingg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Samsung Gear S3 Classic (Can't use as remote)

Dear All, I have an Iphone X, Spotify premium and yesterday I got myself a Samsung Gear S3 Classic from a rather untruthful salesman at the Samsung Concept Store. I bought it for the possibility of Spotify alone, otherwise I would have bought a runni...

• Regular
  •   Dear All,   I have an Iphone X, Spotify premium and yesterday I got myself a Samsung Gear S3 Classic from a rather untruthful salesman at the Samsung Concept Store. I bought it for the...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Samsung Gear S3 Classic (Can't find modes/ use as remote)

Dear All, I have an Iphone X, Spotify premium and yesterday I got myself a Samsung Gear S3 Classic from a rather untruthful salesman at the Samsung Concept Store. I bought it for the possibility of Spotify alone, otherwise I would have bought a runni...

• Regular
  •   Dear All,   I have an Iphone X, Spotify premium and yesterday I got myself a Samsung Gear S3 Classic from a rather untruthful salesman at the Samsung Concept Store. I bought it for the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved song section is gone

Free plan on iPhone Xbefore the update the library had a section for saved songs but now after the update that has changed to the favorites playlist. But since all my saved songs were saved as entire albums they don’t show up in the favorites playlis...

• Regular
  • Free plan on iPhone X before the update the library had a section for saved songs but now after the update that has changed to the favorites playlist. But since all my saved songs were saved as enti...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

switches to radio

Planfree spotify accountCountry USADeviceiPad Air Operating SystemiOS 10My Question or Issue After listening to my playlist music for awhile when a song ends it will swtich to the suggested raido music. This will typically happen when I listen to mus...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan free spotify account Country  USA Device iPad Air   Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue  After listening to my playlist music for awhile when a song...
  • kxkh_f-czc2co
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS 12 beta CarPlay bug

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceIphone xOperating SystemIOS 12.0 public beta My Question or Issue During CarPlay, audio will stop if the app is exited out of and/or the screen is turned off. In order for audio to play, the app needed to be open and the sc...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device Iphone x Operating System IOS 12.0 public beta    My Question or Issue  During CarPlay, audio will stop if the app is exited out of and/o...
  • ginaadrson
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Huge battery drain and phone heating iPhone 8

PlanPremiumCountry PolandDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 11.4My Question or Issue Spotify drains the battery and makes my phone heat abnormally. It doesn't matter whether it's working in background or in foreground.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Poland Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 11.4 My Question or Issue  Spotify drains the battery and makes my phone heat abnormally. It doesn't matter whethe...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Premium - Songs pause then sound like a scratched cd

PlanPremium Country USA DeviceIphone7Operating System iOS 11.4My Question or IssueI listen to my playlists while connected to wifi, not connected to wifi, downloaded and not downloaded and experience the same issue: Songs pause for a moment, then sta...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Country  USA   Device Iphone7 Operating System   iOS 11.4 My Question or Issue I listen to my playlists while connected to wifi, not conne...
  • sara-e
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • audio quality
    scratched cd
    skipping
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Won’t let be buy premium

PlanFree CountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 8+ Operating System IOS 11.4 My Question or Issue spotify on my phone won’t let me view my profile, make playlists private or unprivated, and it won’t let me buy premium. I’m not sure why I got this version ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Country United States     Device iPhone 8+   Operating System  IOS 11.4    My Question or Issue    spotify on my phone won’t let...
  • arielleshriver
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Own library view loses songs from album

PlanPremiumCountry FinlandDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or IssueAfter listening an album it can be found from your own library section as recently listened with all songs under it. However after few days the most songs of the album...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Finland Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 11  My Question or Issue After listening an album it can be found from your own library section as rece...
  • erga
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Playlists] Custom order for your list of playlists, like Desktop version

How can the order of playlists be changed on iPhone or iPad? Not the songs *within* a playlist, but the entire list of playlists? Every new playlist is added to the top of your list, and on Desktop, you can just click and drag to re-order which one a...

• Casual Listener
  • How can the order of playlists be changed on iPhone or iPad? Not the songs *within* a playlist, but the entire list of playlists? Every new playlist is added to the top of your list, and on Desktop, ...
  • seriousbusiness
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Linked with facebook but wont let me find friends

So, I have the Spotify app and I have linked my facebook to it yet I still cannot find friends. When I go to the app I do not see tabs that say "Friends" or "Find friends" I have tried the spotify:user:(username) and that hasn't worked either. This i...

IMG_6897.PNG IMG_6898.PNG
  • So, I have the Spotify app and I have linked my facebook to it yet I still cannot find friends. When I go to the app I do not see tabs that say "Friends" or "Find friends" I have tried the spotify:us...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Home / Chromecast Audio Stops Playing, Skips

Seen this issue scattered all over as far back as 2013; most marked as Solved/Fixed from an update of the lastest version of Spotify. Not the case for me. When casting to a Google Home or Chromecast Audio the music will begin to play and then suddenl...

•   Seen this issue scattered all over as far back as 2013; most marked as Solved/Fixed from an update of the lastest version of Spotify. Not the case for me.   When casting to a Google Ho...
  • c-_eg72hfcyxj
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • cast
    Casting
    CCA
    chrome
    chromecast
    chromecast audio
    google
    Google Home Mini
    issue
    skip
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Spotify Família

Boa tarde caros colegas! Após adquirir a assinatura do Spotify Família e baixar o aplicativo, me deparo com a seguinte mensagem no celular de minha mulher: "Não é possível adquirir o Spotify Premium neste aplicativo". No meu celular Android está tudo...

• Boa tarde caros colegas!   Após adquirir a assinatura do Spotify Família  e baixar o aplicativo, me deparo com a seguinte mensagem no celular de minha mulher:   "Não é possível adq...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Noticeable drop in quality Overnight - all devices

PlanPremiumCountryUK Device(iPhone X, Denon Amp (connect))Operating System(iOS 11.4) My Question or IssueHas there been a new sound Library update?I've been using premium for ages, max quality, equaliser off, and been using connect to stream through ...

• Plan Premium Country UK   Device (iPhone X, Denon Amp (connect)) Operating System (iOS 11.4)   My Question or Issue Has there been a new sound Library update? I've been using pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All liked songs gone

My Question or Issue I had about 1500 saved songs or “favorites” dating back from 2015 and now I’ve found that they’ve been cut down to about 20

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue   I had about 1500 saved songs or “favorites” dating back from 2015 and now I’ve found that they’ve been cut down to about 20
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes