Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listening to local files in PC on iPhone

Listening to local files in PC on iPhone

Hello,

I have a problem that I've been working on for about an hour now, that people claim can be fixed. I have some local file mp3 files on my PC that I have successfully added to Spotify, but I want to be able to listen to them from my iPhone as well. I've read up several threads on this issue but have yet to find a solution that works on my iPhone 7+. I have Spotify Premium and as far as I am aware this should be possible.

I have tried the following methods:

• Setting spotify.exe to both Public and Private in my Windows Defender firewall system
  • Checking the green Downloaded switch for the playlist containing the local files on both my PC and on my iPhone

At this point I'm very frustrated and confused at how this is supposed to work. Many of the threads date back to 2012-2015 and I am no longer certain if they will work in the most recent Spotify version.

I am connected to the same Wi-Fi network, have both my PC and iPhone set to download the playlist, have a Premium account, and have .mp3 local files. I've tried importing directly from a folder in my PC and importing from iTunes, both without success. 

Does anyone else have this issue, or does anyone have a solution? I really wish Spotify could make this feature easier to implement. Would make it far more appealing if I could just download whatever music Spotify doesn't offer and listen to the music I want to.

Thanks

1 Reply

So what I do is I would put all the music into iTunes 

On the Computer go to Edit then Preferences

Scroll down until you see Local Files

Enable iTunes and Downloads

Now go to Local Files

Add the Music you want to the playlist

(make sure to delete any copies from the playlist if you have any)

Now be on the exact same network

(your computer should be on wireless internet as well)

It should work

Spotify should make it way easier to let people import their music

Eat More Chicken

Suggested posts