Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listening to podcasts breaks Apple CarPlay

Listening to podcasts breaks Apple CarPlay

Plan

Free/Premium Free

Country USA

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

iPhone 10s Max

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

iOS 14.2 

My Question or Issue

I just jumped onto Spotify for JRE Podcast. When connected to Apple CarPlay through my GMC's headunit, auto-resume of the podcast when paused by a map alert, incoming call, and me manually pausing and trying to resume by pressing my truck's radio power button. It also completely breaks Siri. I'll hold the button, Siri comes up and listens for a second then stops, the podcast doesn't resume, of course. After that, Siri will not work at all until I close Spotify. I can only get the show to play again after I open Spotify and press play, however, it doesn't always play right away. It takes a couple tries. Sometimes it shows its playing (time line is counting) but with no audio, I then have to press the 15 second skip back and it will usually bring the audio back.

I did test this while steaming music on Spotify and it doesn't seem to have the same issues. Only while listening to podcasts.

Its incredibly annoying. One other thing, please, for the love of God, let us download audio only versions of the show!! One episode is 1gb! Streaming that while driving for work is going to kill my data plan. Downloading more than a few episodes will eat up space on my phone. I will almost never watch the video, could you just make two separate JRE podcasts? One with audio, one with video? 

I've attached a screenshot of what my phone looks like while connected to CarPlay. Not sure if it matters much. 

IMG_4972.PNG
0 Replies

Suggested posts