Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Posting on the music chat

how do you post on the music chat? I’m on iPad btw

• Composer
  • how do you post on the music chat? I’m on iPad btw
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS

CountryParaguayDevice(iPhone XS)Operating System(iOS 13.6) My Question or IssueI cant see the lyrics of music and all my friends can

• Visitor
  •   Country Paraguay Device (iPhone XS) Operating System (iOS 13.6)   My Question or Issue I cant see the lyrics of music and all my friends can  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

I'm using premium in the US on my new iPhone SE. I had downloaded several local files to my old devices but when I got a new phone the files didn't work anymore. I tried to trouble shoot using the FAQs, followed each suggested step, but it didn't wor...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using premium in the US on my new iPhone SE. I had downloaded several local files to my old devices but when I got a new phone the files didn't work anymore. I tried to trouble shoot using the FA...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Show all songs of an album

Hey, i am currently listening to an audio book via iPhone app. The playlist just shows „songs“ up to chapter 104.3 - however, the whole album seems to have 960 „songs“. If i use the manual search, i can find additional „songs“, such as 104.4, 104.4, ...

• Visitor
  • Hey,   i am currently listening to an audio book via iPhone app.    The playlist just shows „songs“ up to chapter 104.3 - however, the whole album seems to have 960 „songs“. If i u...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS] Tracks not showing up in iOS app

PlanFreeCountryUnited kingdom DeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueBasically, when browsing an album, the tracks aren't showing. In other words, I cant choose what track to play from an album, which seems like a fairly key featu...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United kingdom   Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue Basically, when browsing an album, the tracks aren't showing. In other words, ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Removing themselves from my Library

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDeviceiPhone 11 Pro 256 GB (189GB Available)Operating SystemiOS 11.5.1 I go through spotify, and download all the music that I enjoy as well as various playlists. After a couple days I return to my app to play some of th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa Device iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB (189GB Available) Operating System iOS 11.5.1   I go through spotify, and download all the music that I enjoy as well as va...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ongoing pause/streaming issue with Premium Spotify

For 2 weeks now Spotify has been stop playing music/streaming every 10 minutes or so.Yesterday, stopped streaming completely and I had to switch to my Pandora account to listen my music.The last update did nothing to solve this issue.I tried to strea...

• Casual Listener
  • For 2 weeks now Spotify has been stop playing music/streaming every 10 minutes or so. Yesterday, stopped streaming completely and I had to switch to my Pandora account to listen my music. The last ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Genius BTL has disappeared for all songs

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 8 My Question or IssueCan I get the genius behind the lyrics feature back? has it been discontinued?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 8   My Question or Issue Can I get the genius behind the lyrics feature back? has it been discontinued?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot use Spotify on Apple Watch

PlanFree/PremiumSingapore iPhone XSiOS 14 Public Beta Initially my spotify widget stopped working on my apple watch, whenever spotify song is playing, "now playing" on apple watch seems to work just fine, but when i use the spotify widget on the appl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Singapore   iPhone XS iOS 14 Public Beta   Initially my spotify widget stopped working on my apple watch, whenever spotify song is playing, "now playing" on apple w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS app keeps forgetting my Followed Artists

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPad 10.5 inchOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Spotify app keeps forgetting the artists that I've followed. I've done the reinstall thing, both the quick version and the full version, and about half the time, on reinstall, the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPad 10.5 inch Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Spotify app keeps forgetting the artists that I've followed. I've done the reinstall thing, both the quic...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view songs of artists' page or their albums

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceIphone 6s +Operating SystemiOS 13.6 My Question or IssueJust recently I was trying to add some new songs to my playlist right. I looked up the artist but when i tried to view their songs or the songs on the albums I couldn't v...

• Plan Free Country USA Device Iphone 6s + Operating System iOS 13.6   My Question or Issue Just recently I was trying to add some new songs to my playlist right. I looked up the artist ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App shows random serial numbers instead of Alexa/Echo device names

I have devices all through the house, they are all named and for a time they all showed up in the Spotify app, but now almost all of them show a really long serial number (a mix of letters and numbers) so I can’t tell which device is which. Any ideas...

• Casual Listener
  • I have devices all through the house, they are all named and for a time they all showed up in the Spotify app,  but now almost all of them show a really long serial number (a mix of letters and ...
  • rxm2020
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local file used to be on my phone but disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceIphone 11Operating SystemiOS 13.6 My Question or IssueSo I have about 20 songs on local files on my phone. About 2 weeks ago, I downloaded 2 new ones onto my phone and I noticely today that 1 of them has disappeared off my p...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Iphone 11 Operating System iOS 13.6   My Question or Issue So I have about 20 songs on local files on my phone. About 2 weeks ago, I downloaded 2 new one...
  • Elena
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Play All for playlist folders

Plan: PREMIUMCountry: NL Device: iPhone xR 128 gB BlackOperating System: iOS 13.2.3 Hi, i would like to know if there is an option to play all songs in playlist folders just like on the desktop app.I recently sorted my playlists in folders and i can'...

Schermafbeelding 2019-12-06 om 21.13.43.png PNG-afbeelding.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan: PREMIUM Country: NL   Device: iPhone xR 128 gB Black Operating System: iOS 13.2.3   Hi, i would like to know if there is an option to play all songs in playlist folders just lik...
  • patman_44
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • folder
    shuffle
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Downloads Redownloading

iPhone IOS up to date premium memberUShi my name is Isaac and my problem is when I download my music in liked songs on my iPhone a couple days later they all get offloaded and they have to be re downloaded on to my phone. This has caused my phone bil...

• Visitor
  • iPhone IOS up to date  premium member US hi my name is Isaac and my problem is when I download my music in liked songs on my iPhone a couple days later they all get offloaded and they have to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to view songs in an album or artist

Whenever i try to click on an album to view the songs in the album i am unable to click on it and the letters are frayed out whenever i click on an artist to see their songs the same thing happens i am unable to click. This has become very annoying b...

• Visitor
  • Whenever i try to click on an album to view the songs in the album i am unable to click on it and the letters are frayed out whenever i click on an artist to see their songs the same thing happens i ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Are there plans to remove the Facebook SDK from the Spotify iOS app?

I recently found out that the Spotify app on iOS bundles the facebook SDK which runs arbitrary Facebook code on startup, using the permissions given to the Spotify app, and makes a request to graph.facebook.com, in order to enable tracking.I don't us...

• Visitor
  • I recently found out that the Spotify app on iOS bundles the facebook SDK which runs arbitrary Facebook code on startup, using the permissions given to the Spotify app, and makes a request to graph.f...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify IOS not showing local files but shows on Android and Windows

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDevice(iPhone 6+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Windows PC)Operating System(iOS 12.4.7, Android 10, Windows 7) My Question or IssueHello and good day fellow spotify users. I was wondering why the spotify on my iPhone does not list ...

SpotifyAndroid.jpg SpotifyiOS.jpg
  •   Plan Premium Country Philippines Device (iPhone 6+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Windows PC) Operating System (iOS 12.4.7, Android 10, Windows 7)   My Question or Issue Hello and g...
  • taemkv
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug when editing queue

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 13.2.3 My Question or IssueWhen editing the queue it will only work when dragging a track further down. When attempting to drag a track up the queue the screen will just look like it is scro...

• Plan Premium Country Denmark Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.2.3   My Question or Issue When editing the queue it will only work when dragging a track further down. When attem...
  • turgutma
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    queue
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pop-Up Suggestions in premium account

Keep getting a banner pop-up suggestion for a podcast called "Reply-All". Ive closed the pop-up and even clicked it once hoping that would get rid of it. It shows as a banner within the app. I have all notifications disabled in the app and in my phon...

• Casual Listener
  • Keep getting a banner pop-up suggestion for a podcast called "Reply-All". Ive closed the pop-up and even clicked it once hoping that would get rid of it. It shows as a banner within the app. I have a...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes