US

Device

iPhone X

iMac

Apple TV

Browser

Operating System

macOS Big Sur

If Spotify is playing on my Mac, for instance, the mobile app will occasionally manipulate my volume on my phone. Sometimes the reverse happens and I wake up to max volume playback on my computer.

Same situation, Mac playing and iPhone Spotify idling as a background task, I will lose my ability to record voice memos in WhatsApp and iMessage and I will have to close out of the Spotify application (meaning swipe it up from the task switcher to terminate it) to retain regular control over media on my phone. It will also randomly change phone volume if I'm playing videos or playing games and I need to terminate the app to stop this behavior. I have "Devices lock screen" disabled--the app is not playing music on my phone, it should not be manipulating my device's media controls.

If music is playing in a web browser or the apple TV and I launch the app on my phone to change the track it will immediately stop playback and empty my playback queue on the AppleTV without any other action (i.e., not pressing buttons, just launching the app.) Then my last-played track on the phone shows as one that I was playing earlier on another device like my PC.

1 Reply

Hey there @aolsystemmsg

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know if you notice any difference after performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using any of your devices to see if they can replicate this?

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts