Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Little chains symbol on Spotify mobile

Solved!

Little chains symbol on Spotify mobile

What does the little chains symbol mean on spotify mobile ? It's attached to some tracks. I don't understand the meaning... Synchronicity ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Those tracks are "linked" tracks. This explanation might get a little complicated -

Generally you see this symbol when a track is unavailable on a certain album, but is available on a "Best Of" collection. For example, the album "The Great Escape" by Blur is currently unavailable on Spotify, but some of the singles from that album are available on "Best Of Blur". So, if you go to that album, it will play tracks directly from the Best Of instead.

Hope this helps!
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Those tracks are "linked" tracks. This explanation might get a little complicated -

Generally you see this symbol when a track is unavailable on a certain album, but is available on a "Best Of" collection. For example, the album "The Great Escape" by Blur is currently unavailable on Spotify, but some of the singles from that album are available on "Best Of Blur". So, if you go to that album, it will play tracks directly from the Best Of instead.

Hope this helps!
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thank you for the explanation.

But I don't understand how I can go to an unavailable album. For example, there's no way for me to go on "The Great Escape" by Blur and there are no linked tracks on "The Best of Blur". Is it specific to Spotfy_France ? 

In order to see unplayable tracks, you'll need to uncheck the "Hide Unplayable Tracks" in the Preferences menu. You wouldn't see the link icon on The Best Of Blur because that's where they track are originating from.

The Great Escape might be able to be "found" here - Although I am based in the UK, so that might be why if you can't see it. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts