Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not playing on Iphone

Local Files not playing on Iphone

I have a bunch of local files on my mac and those songs are playing just fine on my playlist there, but when I try to use it on my phone only four of the songs show up. I've tried everything but nothing seems to fix this. Help!

25 Replies

I downloaded the songs then added them as local files and then downloaded the playlist on my phone and it also shows that these songs are playable but when i click on them in my phone they just start and automatically stop. But if i play these songs on my pc then it works totally fine. It also shows that the songs from my local files r downloaded on my phone but it doesnt play.

Hey @Atlantes,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

When the app recognizes the files, but is not playing them, it could be related to some damaged cache stored on your device. We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

After this, and making sure that the audio files are already stored in your phone, you can activate the option Show audio files from this device and try again.

This should fix the issue, but let us know if you have any additional issues.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ok, I have spent hours trying to figure this out (reinstalling apps on both iphone and desktop, changing local file location ect). I believe I have found a solution that at least works for me. Simply plug your iphone into your laptop and all the files should appear and be able to play on both devices. Hopefully this helps someone save some time.

None of your guys' proposed solutions have helped your customers. Any updates here? Pretty upsetting that it's been an issue for people for years and there isn't a viable fix/answer. Having users propose (and support, as an actually effective solution) some silly back door, manual click and drag one by one songs solution to the problem is embarrassing.

Clean reinstall performed, resync'd phone/mac iTunes library to ensure the files are the same on phone vs laptop, all settings in sharing and privacy are correct, same wifi network, etc etc. Still only effective at leveling the music between desktop and phone, with no rhyme, reason, or consistent pattern of which songs are allowed to play or not. 
Huge bummer. 

This worked and was SO helpful.

THANK YOU for taking the time to post this!!!

If you got here from google like me: You must select the "Show audio files from this device" on the mobile APP. EVEN if you are not intending to share your mobile voice recordings or files there to the Desktop. This is the only way that I could make my GREYED OUT files to be synced to my mobile device (from the desktop).

Suggested posts