Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files no longer downloading

Local files no longer downloading

I am a premium user and realize Spotify stopped allowing you to download music onto the desktop version from local files.  

However my old files I downloaded previously that play on my computer and show up on my iPhone app playlist will not play.  It shows the song as downloaded on my phone playlist but is grayed out with the green downloaded icon.  Says if I own song I can sync it but how do you even do that anymore when local files can’t be downloaded?   See attachment.   Any ideas?

2B6FF26B-3F79-44ED-9A54-84D70F5D4C44.png
1 Reply

Hey @jbdbackfan.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

First, could you create a new playlist with the local files and see if that changes anything?

If that doesn't work, could you try moving the original music files to another source folder, and then re-adding it to your Spotify desktop app?

Lastly, would you mind performing a clean reinstall of the app on both your devices by following the steps outlined here

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here if you need any further troubleshooting steps 🙂

Suggested posts