Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

New iPhone doesn't allow a family member to sign into their Premium account

I am the owner of a Family Premium account. One of my household members, James Bertucci, recently got a new phone but it doesn't allow them to sign in to their own Spotify account, rather it forces them to sign into my account. Plan PremiumCountry US...

• I am the owner of a Family Premium account. One of my household members, James Bertucci, recently got a new phone but it doesn't allow them to sign in to their own Spotify account, rather it forces t...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs deleting when phone dies

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceiPhone 8Operating System(iOS 11.4.1 My Question or Issue When my phone dies Spotify logs me out of my account and deletes all of my songs

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Canada Device iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue  When my phone dies Spotify logs me out of my account and deletes all...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple select albums to remove

PlanPremiumCountryNL DeviceAny Operating SystemAny My Question or Issue How can i quickly select albums and remove them all in 1 action? I have to go one by one with 2 clicks per album (why not set an edit mode so you can do it quicker per 1 as well?...

• Plan Premium Country NL   Device Any   Operating System Any   My Question or Issue  How can i quickly select albums and remove them all in 1 action? I have to go one b...
  • danielaklo
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading Songs

I have recently got a new phone so i am redownloading my songs from my spotify but the songs stop downloading after doing one song, i haven’t went over the spotify limits for songs, they just don’t download without warning. I’d be very grateful with ...

•   I have recently got a new phone so i am redownloading my songs from my spotify but the songs stop downloading after doing one song, i haven’t went over the spotify limits for songs, they just...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem with the Free service

PlanFreeCountry IsraelDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 11.4.1 My Question or IssueHey,Unfortunately I recently encountered a problem in the Free plan I subscribe to on my iPad I use the new format ,but my iPhone has not upgraded the options as ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country  Israel Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue Hey, Unfortunately I recently encountered a problem in the Free plan I subscribe...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit Content Filter Missing

INone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountry UsaDeviceIPhone 8 plus and iPad air2Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue When I click the little 3 bars i...

• Visitor
  • INone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country  Usa Device IPhone 8 plus and iPad air2 Operat...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can play song on desktop but not on Iphone

PlanpremiumCountry USADeviceIphone 7Operating System(iOS 11.4.1 My Question or Issue im having a issue where I can play some songs on my Desktop by a certin artist but not on my cellphone, Before I had this issue i was having an issue where i couldnt...

• Regular
  • Plan premium Country  USA Device Iphone 7 Operating System (iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue  im having a issue where I can play some songs on my Desktop by a certin artist ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant find songs

PremiumCountry United StatesDevice(iPhone 6)Operating System(iOS 11.4) My Question or Issue Why is it that some of the songs i search are not there like "Mt Eden - Still alive, bat for lashes, frozen" an some other album i searched up "Forever - by P...

•   Premium Country  United States Device (iPhone 6) Operating System (iOS 11.4)   My Question or Issue   Why is it that some of the songs i search are not there like "Mt...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on ipod touch

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDeviceIpod touchOperating SystemUnknow My Question or Issue Hello !I have a project to buy a Ipod touch (maybe 6th generation ) for my music but i don't know if spotify is conciliable with this.I read on internet that it depe...

• Plan Premium Country  France Device Ipod touch Operating System Unknow   My Question or Issue   Hello ! I have a project to buy a Ipod touch (maybe 6th generation ) for my ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ipod
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Creating a Chromecast group makes one Chromecast in the group invisible to Spotify on iOS

I have 3 Chromecast Audios in my house, and when I create a Chromecast Group to allow any 2 or 3 of them to play at once, one Chromecast in the Group immediately stops showing up on the Devices screen on Spotify on iOS, despite still being available ...

• Regular
  • I have 3 Chromecast Audios in my house, and when I create a Chromecast Group to allow any 2 or 3 of them to play at once, one Chromecast in the Group immediately stops showing up on the Devices scree...
  • AussieRo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iphone app w free account: Playlist start always with the same songs in same order

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 11.4.1 My Question or IssueHi, I've realized that in my Spotify app on my iphone, playlists always start with the same song and are played in the same order for the remaining songs. This is not ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Germany Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue Hi, I've realized that in my Spotify app on my iphone, playlists always start ...
  • shah1973
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlist order
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Podcast Playlists?

Is there a way to make a playlist of podcasts? I think the Queue doesn't work across devices... So how does one build a list of podcasts to listen to? Also, I'm not sure how to see more details of a Podcast episode on Desktop (Mac)...? Thanks for you...

• Regular
  • Is there a way to make a playlist of podcasts?   I think the Queue doesn't work across devices...  So how does one build a list of podcasts to listen to?   Also, I'm not sure how t...
  • marksymoo
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 32 likes
  • podcast
  • 6 replies
  • 32 likes

Some Songs Show On Desktop but Not Mobile

PlanFreeCountryUnited States of America DeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11.4 My Question or IssueSometimes when I add albums on my desktop the album will appear in my favorite songs on my desktop, but when i go on my mobile app that same album wil...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States of America  Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 11.4   My Question or Issue Sometimes when I add albums on my desktop the album will appear in my...
  • dankwaffles
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs appear on my MacBook and not my iPhone

I have recently added an album I found on the browser version of spotify to my playlists. It’s called A Box of Bird by the Church. I’ve been through threads saying it could be a cache problem or a syncing issue. I made sure then when I added it both ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently added an album I found on the browser version of spotify to my playlists. It’s called A Box of Bird by the Church. I’ve been through threads saying it could be a cache problem or a sy...
  • SmithO02
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops cuts out

Okay so I have an Iphone8+ and ive had premium for well over a year. Just recently whenever I am plistening to music it will quit playing if I open another app (snapchat, instagram, twitter, etc.) or if im listening to music and even have spotify ope...

• Okay so I have an Iphone8+ and ive had premium for well over a year. Just recently whenever I am plistening to music it will quit playing if I open another app (snapchat, instagram, twitter, etc.) or...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song posting 3 times

So this has been happening for a while now, I’m offline and every time I’d look up a song, it’ll appear three times and I’m wondering if there’s a way to fix that. Some help would be grateful.

•    So this has been happening for a while now, I’m offline and every time I’d look up a song, it’ll appear three times and I’m wondering if there’s a way to fix that. Some help would be gr...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Becoming an artist on spotify

The things that were here are (probably) not required. My Question or IssueDoes becoming an artist require you to pay? All I want to do is post some neat songs I found and that aren’t on Spotify so I can listen to these amazing things in my free time...

• The things that were here are (probably) not required.   My Question or Issue Does becoming an artist require you to pay? All I want to do is post some neat songs I found and that aren’t on S...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how do I find out what song I just heard.

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issue I just heard a song play on my iphone. I went to find out what song it was and accidently hit something and it started playing a different song. I see a recently played menu ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue  I just heard a song play on my iphone. I went to find out what song it was and acci...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant Waze Banner

Every time I open the mobile app (version 8.4.65) on my iPhone 8, a banner appears at the top of the screen asking if I want to connect to Waze. When I click “Cancel”, the app crashes. Does anyone know how to get rid of the banner permanently without...

• Visitor
  •   Every time I open the mobile app (version 8.4.65) on my iPhone 8, a banner appears at the top of the screen asking if I want to connect to Waze. When I click “Cancel”, the app crashes. Does a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • app crash
    iphone
    iphone app
    Waze
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle playlists only playing first 100 tracks

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or IssueSince getting a chromecast audio, my iPhone Spotify will only play the first 50-100 tracks from my playlists, many of which are 500-1000 tracks long. This happens all the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue Since getting a chromecast audio, my iPhone Spotify will only play the first 50-100 tracks...
  • Reanspot
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes