iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files from laptop can't be synced onto iphone???

Local file songs played fine on my laptop (MacOS High Sierra) but it cannot be played/downloaded/synced onto my iPhone (SE). This is weird and extremely annoying because everything was fine before. Now the songs are greyed and on my phone, if I try t...

• Local file songs played fine on my laptop (MacOS High Sierra) but it cannot be played/downloaded/synced onto my iPhone (SE). This is weird and extremely annoying because everything was fine...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping Tracks/Fast Forwarding + Rewind/ Pausing and UnPausing/Muffled Sound Automatically Glitches

Songs keep skipping and pausing whenever I use my headphones. I have an iPhone 7 Plus(IOS 11.1.1). I've tried changing headphones and reinstalling the app but nothing seems to work.

• Songs keep skipping and pausing whenever I use my headphones. I have an iPhone 7 Plus(IOS 11.1.1). I've tried changing headphones and reinstalling the app but nothing seems to work.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No online access on iOS (internet connection available)

Hi, I have an app on my iPhone7, Spotify Family Premium (I'm one of the member). From some time my spotify shows no connection (works offline) althoutgh the offline mode is turned off in settings and the phone is connected to the internet (checked in...

• Hi, I have an app on my iPhone7, Spotify Family Premium (I'm one of the member). From some time my spotify shows no connection (works offline) althoutgh the offline mode is turned off in settings and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading Local Files

I'd like to download some Local Files to my phone that are on my computer, but that are NOT on Spotify. I cannot find a definitive answer to this problem online. Many thanks

• I'd like to download some Local Files to my phone that are on my computer, but that are NOT on Spotify.   I cannot find a definitive answer to this problem online.     Many thanks...
  • Nygge72
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums in your library

If i ad a song to my library it shows up in album view with only one song in the album and vise versa in song view. Cant i have only full albums in album view in my library?

• If i ad a song to my library it shows up in album view with only one song in the album and vise versa in song view. Cant i have only full albums in album view in my library?
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How to play a full album?

Sounds simple an I think it is, just I can't figure it out... I have a "waitinglist" with several songs and play these one after the other.so far so good. Now I wand to listen to sth else and not want to go on with the waitinglist, but want to listen...

• Regular
  • Sounds simple an I think it is, just I can't figure it out...   I have a "waitinglist" with several songs and play these one after the other. so far so good.   Now I wand to listen to ...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue swipe won’t work offline

Whenever I go offline on iPhone , I lose the ability to swipe right and add a song to the queue (except for rare occasions when I can get a few swipes in before it no longer works). Once I go online again, the swipe right to queue works fine but is t...

• Whenever I go offline on iPhone , I lose the ability to swipe right and add a song to the queue (except for rare occasions when I can get a few swipes in before it no longer works). Once I go online ...
  • Klaxstar
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files to Iphone wont sync.

So heres my issue. I have 2 songs on my local files. I have my phone connected to the same wifi and spotify is able to get through my firewall. I have premium aswell. I am able to toggle the download switch on my computer and then on my phone after i...

• So heres my issue. I have 2 songs on my local files. I have my phone connected to the same wifi and spotify is able to get through my firewall. I have premium aswell. I am able to toggle the download...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    local files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing playlists with my other devices

Long story, but I had to resubscribe and was reassured that my playlists would follow me. They appeared on the computer that I used to chat with the agent, but they didn't appear on my iPad or Android phone. I was also informed that I no longer had S...

• Long story, but I had to resubscribe and was reassured that my playlists would follow me. They appeared on the computer that I used to chat with the agent, but they didn't appear on my iPad or Androi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove imported music

I recently imported my music from iTunes to Spotify and want to remove the music from the Spotify app, but I don’t see an option to unimport the music or anything. What do I do to remove the imported music from the app so that it’s only on my Apple M...

• Not applicable
  • I recently imported my music from iTunes to Spotify and want to remove the music from the Spotify app, but I don’t see an option to unimport the music or anything. What do I do to remove the imported...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify draining battery like crazy

iPhone 8. Anyone else noticed this? I was literally watching the battery percentage dropping down as I was listening to Spotify. Closed it and this stopped the problem.

• Gig Goer
  • iPhone 8. Anyone else noticed this? I was literally watching the battery percentage dropping down as I was listening to Spotify. Closed it and this stopped the problem.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Why can't I download more music?

Hello. So basically, I apparently hit a "download cap" set by Spotify on how many songs I can download on my iPhone. I'm not too sure why Spotify would set a "download limit". I had to delete a few playlists just so the download can continue for my p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. So basically, I apparently hit a "download cap" set by Spotify on how many songs I can download on my iPhone. I'm not too sure why Spotify would set a "download limit". I had to delete a few p...
  • de_stroyed
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Discovery - New Releases for You missing?

I've always been a avid user of the "New Releases for you" section in the Discovery tab.Somehow I don't see it anymore on my iPhone (and also not on my Mac too). Has this functionality been removed in the pas couple of weeks??

• Casual Listener
  • I've always been a avid user of the "New Releases for you" section in the Discovery tab. Somehow I don't see it anymore on my iPhone (and also not on my Mac too).   Has this functionality bee...
  • Badrvdm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify skipping songs on a album like i haven't downloaded it

I have recently started having an issue where I play an album and Spotify continues to skip 3-4 songs on the album and not play it at all. I have tried every solution I have found, changing the quality of music, turning off certain functions, reinsta...

• I have recently started having an issue where I play an album and Spotify continues to skip 3-4 songs on the album and not play it at all. I have tried every solution I have found, changing the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution repeat song function

i dont know if anyone elses isnt working but when i select to repeat a song it wont repeat and usually the repeat 1 comes up but it fails to do so & im very annoyed.

• i dont know if anyone elses isnt working but when i select to repeat a song it wont repeat and usually the repeat 1 comes up but it fails to do so & im very annoyed.
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Track Info isn't being transmitted when using USB

Hey, everyone!So, I've got this annoying issue I'm trying to combat because I'm particular and can't stand that it's not working properly - hoping I can get some insight here! 2016 Toyota CamryiOS 11.2.1Spotify version 8.4.28 When I connect my iPhone...

• Hey, everyone! So, I've got this annoying issue I'm trying to combat because I'm particular and can't stand that it's not working properly - hoping I can get some insight here!   2016 Toyot...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Now playing

Since I’ve updated the app, the now playing bar that used to be at the bottom of the screen is missing. When I shuffle it doesn’t take me to the now playing screen and when I leave the app it only shows that Spotify is playing on my iPhone where as I...

• Since I’ve updated the app, the now playing bar that used to be at the bottom of the screen is missing. When I shuffle it doesn’t take me to the now playing screen and when I leave the app it only sh...
  • feelikeastrangr
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix Playback Of Playlist Search Results

Back in the early days of Spotify, one of my favorite features was the ability to search for an artist within a saved playlist to display everything from that one artist, album, keyword, etc. The function still exists, but somewhere along the line wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Back in the early days of Spotify, one of my favorite features was the ability to search for an artist within a saved playlist to display everything from that one artist, album, keyword, etc. The fun...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • custom playlist
    Playlist search
    Playlist Shuffle
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Se para la musica en segundo plano

Cuando tengo los auriculares conectados y tengo spotify en sengundo plano se para la musica al instante de mandarla a segundo plano, sin embargo sin los auriculares no ocurre, alguna solucion?

• Cuando tengo los auriculares conectados y tengo spotify en sengundo plano se para la musica al instante de mandarla a segundo plano, sin embargo sin los auriculares no ocurre, alguna solucion?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Play playlist once

How do i play a playlist once and it automatically turns off. Because when i turn off loop it just plays the recommened songs

• How do i play a playlist once and it automatically turns off. Because when i turn off loop it just plays the recommened songs
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes