Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Now Playing queue resetting

Now Playing queue resetting

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

Hi,

The way I use Spotify revolves around the play queue: I pick a playlist I want to listen to, put it on shuffle, and use the Now Playing queue to organize the shuffled songs in the order I want to listen to them. The problem that I am having (have been having for a long time, but it is now happening just about every day) is that the Now Playing queue is resetting automatically, meaning whatever I was listening to before is now gone. This is especially frustrating when I have some music that I am interested in listening to at a later time, only for the queue to be reset prior to then. I have tried both tips in this thread, and can verify that neither worked. 

This seems to be happening about once every day or 2 now, and I notice when I open the app for the first time in the morning (it has yet to happen when I open the app in the afternoon). I force close the app when I finish listening for a stretch.

At this point I am considering leaving Spotify as this is the entire way I listen to music and it is not working with Spotify after several years of being with the service. Any and all support on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

3 Replies

hello try reinstalling spotify. maybe it helps

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify/

harneet

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help could you try updating to iOS 12.1.2?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

If possible could you also attach a screenrecording or at least some screenshots when this issue is occuring?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have rebooted the device before (due to unrelated issue), but still see the issue. I can do the update. Unfortunately, I can't really do a screen recording, as the only thing that is visible is my currently playing song doesn't show up and the Now Playing queue is empty. Here is the current software info:

iOS version: 12.1.1

Spotify version: 8.4.79

Suggested posts