NEXT STEP

Local files not syncing to phone

Local files not syncing to phone

Plan

Family/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 11 Pro Max, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(i0S 15.1, Big Sur 11.4.)

My Question or Issue

I have been trying to sync one single track to my phone for about two hours with no luck. I have deleted and reinstalled apps on both computer and phone, switched from my local network to a mobile hotspot, and done a hard reset on both devices. The instructions on the iOS app say to "Mark the playlist for Offline Sync" but I'm not seeing that option anywhere? I am at a complete loss as to how to go about this, I am not computer savvy so I am not familiar with anything other than basic knowledge.

3 Replies

Hi @seanak,

Thank you for reaching out about this to the Community.

After you've added the local files to the desktop app, the steps to synchronize them to your phone are the following: 

1. On the desktop app, add the local files to a playlist. 
  2. On the mobile app, open that playlist and download it by tapping on the arrow button 
  3. If the arrow button turns green, it means the playlist was downloaded and you should be able to play your local files on your phone. 

Please give these steps a try and let us know if they work for you. You can also find more info about Local Files here and downloading playlists here

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I’ve been a lurker around your blog for a few months. I love this article and your entire site! Looking forward to reading more!

Hi there @Joaquinborough,

Thank you for your reply and your very kind feedback 🙂

Let us know if anything comes up. The Community is always happy to help.

Have a great week!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts