Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files won’t download

Local files won’t download

So I have songs that are on a CD and I wanted to listen to them on Spotify so I made them into files and I was able to listen to the songs through Spotify on my PC but when it came to getting them to my iPhone it didn’t work. I have a premium plan and I have also done the whole local file thing before for 4 separate occasions and it went smoothly every time but this is the only time that it just doesn’t want to download. I tried changing the type of file form MP3 ,WMA , and M4A. But they all didn’t work, so I thought maybe they’re is and issue with Spotify right now so I checked by un downloading my entire playlist and redownloading it and the other songs that were from local file downloaded just fine but there didn’t want to. I even deleted and redowloaded Spotify on both devices and I also restarted my phone but to still didn’t work.

2 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you check the steps on how to add Local Files to your library here? The files must be physically present on your device beforehand. 

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

So I don’t know what happened but it just decided to work I don’t know why I didn’t do anything and it just decided to transfer. Maybe there was a bug earlier but it is fixed now and it transferred for me? Idk 

Suggested posts