Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local tracks sync but won't play on iPhone 6 :-( Why?

Solved!

Local tracks sync but won't play on iPhone 6 :-( Why?

Hello.

I just got my iPhone 6 today (it runs IOS 8.02).

Spotify plays the songs in my playlist fine, as long as they derive from the Spotify catalogue.

However, the songs in my playlists, that are synced from my local music collection (and managed via Spotify on my iMac) simply won't play!?

This was never a problem on my iPhone 4S (also running OS 8.02) - everyting played fine.
This is terribly annoying - how do I fix this problem? Anyone else experiencing the same?
My playlists are all comprised of  Spotify tracks and tracks from my own collection - the problem described above renders some of my most used playlists heavily decimated and I'm unable to listen to some of my favourite tracks on my new iPhone 😕

Does anyone have a solution for this?

I have attaced a screen print - not how there is no time on the track in question. That's common for all the affected tracks - no elapsed time and no remaining time. And, like I said, they won't play. Hope someone can help.

Best,

Jesper

IMG_1636.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Have you already tried the sync button? If you go to the local files page, you'll see something like (translated): "Music of your computer that you can synchronise to your iPod, iPhone, or Android-device."

When you click synchronise you should get an option to sync with your device(s). Then you can select which files you want to sync, or you have to option to sync everything.

img-skZTJ0.png

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yup, tried that - but what eventually solved the probem was deleting the app, re-installing it and then re-syncing everything.

So now it works - but thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Have you already tried the sync button? If you go to the local files page, you'll see something like (translated): "Music of your computer that you can synchronise to your iPod, iPhone, or Android-device."

When you click synchronise you should get an option to sync with your device(s). Then you can select which files you want to sync, or you have to option to sync everything.

img-skZTJ0.png

Marked as solution

Yup, tried that - but what eventually solved the probem was deleting the app, re-installing it and then re-syncing everything.

So now it works - but thanks 🙂

Okay, I'm glad you fixed the problem!

Enjoy using Spotify!

I'm having the same issue.  I have tried uninstalling both the desktop app and the iPhone app, reinstalling, and attempting to sync again, but no luck.  I have an iPhone 6 and a PC running Windows 7.  Any suggestions?

Suggested posts