Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Some Available Songs/Tracks Won't Play on my iphone5 s

Hello! My problem is that i have spotify on four devices. Mac, ipad, iphone 4s and iphone 5s. BUT the some songs will not start to play on my iphone 5s. They work fine on every other device. Now i have read som of the similar issues on here. And I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! My problem is that i have spotify on four devices. Mac, ipad, iphone 4s and iphone 5s. BUT the some songs will not start to play on my iphone 5s. They work fine on every other device. Now i ...
  • Knightonjohncha
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

An annoying problem on IPAD MINI, and a feature request

Hello, So far I have enjoyed the IPAD version of the app. However I noticed a bug that seriously affects the user experience. Indeed it seems that after I browsed into several side widgets, the pictures would not appear anymore, and I can't actually ...

• Hello, So far I have enjoyed the IPAD version of the app. However I noticed a bug that seriously affects  the user experience. Indeed it seems that after I browsed into several side wid...
  • Corrina
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Something Went Wrong

On my account that i have on ipod touch every time i like or dislike a song "something went wrong" pops up, i have been enjoying listening to the music for a while now but not using the account as much now due the problem that i just mentionioned. PL...

• On my account that i have on ipod touch every time i like or dislike a song "something went wrong" pops up, i have been enjoying listening to the music for a while now but not using the account as mu...
  • neelyjo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5s something went wrong!

I need help! My spotify premium is not working apart from the browse function. When I try to look at my starred tracks it just has the spinning loading sign non stop. Also when I try and view my profile, search or anything else all it says is 'someth...

• Casual Listener
  • I need help! My spotify premium is not working apart from the browse function. When I try to look at my starred tracks it just has the spinning loading sign non stop. Also when I try and view my ...
  • neelyjo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Change language on iPhone

How can I change the language in spotify on my iphone? Trid to re-install, delete etc. I wan't to use English but everytime I try to re-install it starts up in German!!!!!!! Thank you

• How can I change the language in spotify on my iphone? Trid to re-install, delete etc. I wan't to use English but everytime I try to re-install it starts up in German!!!!!!! Thank you 🙂 
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS 8 Support?

Updated to ios 8 today and Spotify crashes every time when trying to open. I have the latest version of Spotify as well. I have also reset my phone on top of deleting and reinstalling the app. Just wanted to put this up to get the issue noticed.

• Regular
  • Updated to ios 8 today and Spotify crashes every time when trying to open. I have the latest version of Spotify as well. I have also reset my phone on top of deleting and reinstalling the app. Just w...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 141 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 141 replies
  • 16 likes

Albums saved, but not available in the mobile version

I've reported issues with albums disappearing from the album list, but still being available in the desktop version of Spotify. The problem now is different: when I save an album with the desktop version, it's not sync'ed in the mobile version. But i...

• Regular
  • I've reported issues with albums disappearing from the album list, but still being available in the desktop version of Spotify.  The problem now is different: when I save an album with the des...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash on iPhone 5

iPhone 5 crashes when I search through any of the playlists. As I'm scrolling down it will get midway to 3/4's of the way down and crash.Also, when I select a playlist I have not used prior it will just show the 3 dots and never show the songs. Very ...

• iPhone 5 crashes when I search through any of the playlists. As I'm scrolling down it will get midway to 3/4's of the way down and crash. Also, when I select a playlist I have not used prior it wi...
  • ishmaelk
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify crashing iOS
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify crashes on iphone when offline

Spotify crashes after 1-2 song when in offline mode on iphone 5s. Seems to be fine when in online mode. Iphone is updated to iOS 8.0.2. Problem started after last spotify update 1.8.0

• Spotify crashes after 1-2 song when in offline mode on iphone 5s. Seems to be fine when in online mode. Iphone is updated to iOS 8.0.2. Problem started after last spotify update 1.8.0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Fail with names of playlist

When i add albums to playlists after discovering them, so far the list was named automatically (artists - name of album). With the current app version for a couple of days now I have to re-type the entire name. Any way to solve this?

• Casual Listener
  • When i add albums to playlists after discovering them, so far the list was named automatically (artists - name of album). With the current app version for a couple of days now I have to re-type the e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Alternate Local File Adding?

So I've recently moved to college and I'm on my school's (really **bleep**ty) Wi-Fi. Normally I wouldn't be complaining, but I've found out that I can't add any local files to my mobile device via Spotify on my desktop through Wi-Fi like I usually di...

• So I've recently moved to college and I'm on my school's (really **bleep**ty) Wi-Fi. Normally I wouldn't be complaining, but I've found out that I can't add any local files to my mobile device via Sp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist won't show up on my iPad!

Help! My playlist "POP DANCE" wont display the songs on my iPad. It shows up as empty. The playlist name is there to select but its empty. It shows fully populated on my computer but not my iPad. HELP I'm djing tonight!

• Casual Listener
  • Help!   My playlist "POP DANCE" wont display the songs on my iPad. It shows up as empty. The playlist name is there to select but its empty.  It shows fully populated on my computer but...
  • ITgutt1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Filter is not working in edit-mode

My problem is that I want to delete a specific song in a large playlist. I enter edit mode of the playlist and then i try to use the filter function, but nothing happens when I click the search input field. A work around could have been to first sear...

• Casual Listener
  • My problem is that I want to delete a specific song in a large playlist. I enter edit mode of the playlist and then i try to use the filter function, but nothing happens when I click the search&...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Add new tracks on top in playlist

Hello folks! Is it possible to sort the tracks in your playlist so that the newest tracks is at the top of the list? Really anyoing that you have to scroll down through all tracks.. Thanks.

• Roadie
  • Hello folks!   Is it possible to sort the tracks in your playlist so that the newest tracks is at the top of the list? Really anyoing that you have to scroll down through all tracks.. &n...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS8 Random songs won't sync or be available for 'offline' playing

This is for anyone that might have this same issue. I upgraded to the new iPhone 6, and iOS8.02. After doing so, random songs that had previously always been available were now showing as -:-- and would not play. Pic of one of the songs I tried takin...

• Casual Listener
  • This is for anyone that might have this same issue.    I upgraded to the new iPhone 6, and iOS8.02. After doing so, random songs that had previously always been available were now showi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer and Airplay

It seems that the equalizer now built into the iOS app has no impact on the signal transmistted through Airplay to an Airport Express. Is this true? I've tried to shape the sound and don't seem to hear any difference

• It seems that the equalizer now built into the iOS app has no impact on the signal transmistted through Airplay to an Airport Express.  Is this true?  I've tried to shape the sound and don'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple issues

Whenever I try to thumb up or thumb down a song I get a message that says "Something went wrong!" It has done this since the Spotify update a few weeks ago and did it on both IOS 7 and IOS8 so it's not an apple issue. It will sometimes stop showing t...

• Whenever I try to thumb up or thumb down a song I get a message that says "Something went wrong!" It has done this since the Spotify update a few weeks ago and did it on both IOS 7 and IOS8 so it's n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs Disappearance

Hello there, I'm new to spotify but I think I understand enough to say that I think I have a problem. I've been using Spotify, the web player, on my laptop through chrome for a while now and it's all be nice and dandy until today. I signed into Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there, I'm new to spotify but I think I understand enough to say that I think I have a problem. I've been using Spotify, the web player, on my laptop through chrome for a while now and it's all...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Broken Search on iOS

8 times out of 10, I open the app on my phone and go to search and I receive errors. Errors being either I'm offline (I'm clearly not), just a general error with a 'try again' button or more often than not that they couldn't find any search results (...

• Roadie
  • 8 times out of 10, I open the app on my phone and go to search and I receive errors. Errors being either I'm offline (I'm clearly not), just a general error with a 'try again' button or more often th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums added in Desktop app not appearing in iphone app

Hi When I add an album to "Your Music" using the desktop app (Mac OSX) they don't show up on my iPhone? Is this a known bug?

• Gig Goer
  • Hi When I add an album to "Your Music" using the desktop app (Mac OSX) they don't show up on my iPhone? Is this a known bug?
  • magicrevolver
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes