Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging in IOS10.3.3

Logging in IOS10.3.3

I have install Spotify on an old iPhone 5c running iOS 10.3.3 I have tried to login to the app using two different Spotify account details but none of them work. The app keeps saying that it cannot recognise the account even though they work fine logging via the website and using my iPhone 12. 

I have reinstalled the app three times. 

51 Replies

Hello

I have an iPhone 5c ans encounter the same issue when I login (iPhone 5c - iOS 10.3.3 last release unavailable).

I cannot believe that Spotify delivers a such « easy » answer about iOS12 minimum requirements.

Some competitors allow the download or older versions still compatible with iOS10.3.3 and working fine.

I would accept to have access to a limited number or functionnalities due to my « old » device or get a light version or the app. But I cannot accept to be purely unable to login and use my premium account.

Like the other users of this forum, I would appreciate a fix from Spotify to resolve that issue.

Best regards

Hi

I have the same problem, I have an iPad - iOS 10.3.3

I made a new account because I received a gift from my credit card of 6 moths free but it has to be a new account. Yesterday I tried to return to my main account (that has been premium since the beginning except for the free moths gift) and I couldn’t do it, it was working fine I listen music almost everyday, in fact I was listening music with the other account until I try the account change. I hope it can be solve.

I only have one solution but this requires a jailbreak, which is to downgrade the app lower than 8.5.28 using a jailbreak app called appstore++ on ios 10.3.3

I downgraded the app back to version 8.5.21 and It works like a charm!!!

Thank you @itsNicholas, the only solution is to jailbrake and downgrade (also Cydia > App Admin works).

Spotify will never solve this problem, no matter if we are premium users.

You're welcome, cheers to all iPhone 5C users!

My son was using Spotify until today on an ipad 10.3.3

i just logged out and tried to log in with his new familiy account and this will NOT work anymore at all, just because I logged out! This is ridiculous. 

Same here. This how sustainable industry works. NOT! They all want us to buy new iPads iPhones, and put them to trash / we are talking about fully intact items, that have been made useless by software like yours. Shame on you.

I totally agree. I have the same issue with an old iPhone 5 running 10.3.4. Old devices are great as streaming remotes and hubs.  I can download the app but my user account is not recognised. Please support old devices Spotify. 

Same problem here on 10.3.3, it was working like a charm before, it's lame that it's not supported any longer, not gonna buy a new ipad just for having spotify to work.. Don't want to pay for a service i can't even use.

I upgraded my Premium account to a Premium Duo account to let my kid keep her stuff separate. She's been using Spotify Premium on iOS 10.3 with my login for ages. I logged her out, tried to log back in (after paying more specifically for her to use the expanded account on this same phone), and... cryptic error message (same as others in this string: "something went wrong, try again later).

This is not a matter of "mechanics on the server side" and "can't be run on processing units of older devices." I was literally just logged in and functioning great with this *same device* and the *same app* five minutes ago. This feels like a decision of "we don't want to support older devices, so just hand them an error message and let's be done with it." Bummer. Leaves a sour taste.   

Correct, this is the solution (8.5.19). Once downgraded, remove the app and download the latest supported version. If you didn't log out, your previous credentials will allow you to login once more with the most modern available version. Happy listening 🎶

Hi

I have the same problem, I can't find a proper site to download the appstore ++ app which works on my iphone 5. Do you have a link? do we need to absolutely jailbreak the phone ? thanks

Yes! I have the same issue, ios 10.3.3 on Iphone 5c and I have tried to login to the app using 3 different Spotify account details but none of them work.

I have install Spotify on an old iPhone 5c running iOS 10.3.3  The app keeps saying that it cannot recognise the account even though they work fine logging via the website and using my iPhone 4S ios 9.3.5 

I have reinstalled the app three times. And made Full Reset (with deleting apple id from phone) of Iphone 5c 4 times (because in begining it worked 1 time)
I paid for premium but i recieve nothing on newer version of app, than i used before.

I'm experiencing the same issue on iPhone 5c, running iOS 10.3.3 (latest).

No matter what I try, it says "Something went wrong, please try again later."

Funny thing is, Spotify works great on my iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2, so there is no real reason why it shouldn't work on iPhone 5, 5c.
There is 2022 and you still did not sloved the problem.

More than half a year later and it is absolutely clear Spotify doesn't care.

The only way to fix it ismto downgrade the app entirely.

Today I had logged in, but by unusual way, 
This way required iPhone/iPad/iPod which support KeyChain and which Actually can log in by usual way. 
How i did it: on iPhone Xr (ios 15.3) I logged in spotify by app and I allowed save my account "e-mail and password" on Keychain, 
Then I deleted spotify on iPhone 5c, and maked sure that I turned on Keychain (it takes longer than usual because of slow processor or smth) just wait dialog window with request of passwords on iPhone 5c and from your another device. 
(it somehow connected.
Also i installed Firefox browser for log in spotify in browser(web player still not working) 
Now you can download Spotify from iTunes and open it. In my expierence it logged in Automaticly. (You must open app on the FIRST time after installing.
If you log out, you cannot log in by 'usual way', you should do whole thing from the begining

Hope it would help someone... I tried do it again, it takes to much time for find 100% algorythm, so here we are. I'm too tired to check up whole scheme. One thing clear in this time I do not need to install lower versions (by side loadly and etc.)

There is somthing in turnin on/off Keychain for the first time, I dont know

I'm in the IT industry and I can confirm that this is a deliberated decision. You don't want to program a legacy login option and that is a very poor action coming from a company like Spotify. I didn't spect that, either from a Sweden company.

Spotify changed the server login address a year ago or so. 

This had to be intentional in order to kill off any new installs of old versions.  I have old versions of both android and windows installed that I will not update ever.  I tried to install both of them to a new PC and Android phone and discovered the login address change.  There is no possible way to login new installs of old versions because of this.  You would have to somehow redirect the request to the new server address, and that's above my pay grade.

Suggested posts