Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login issue with iPad

Login issue with iPad

I've been having an issue with Spotify on my iPad. I've never been able to successfully get back the login screen, it's really odd. I always get as far as the welcome screen, enter my details (I have a premium account) and it simply never finishes the process.

I've looked for a solution several times - but it either seem to point to a previous version, or something slightly different. It's extremely frustrating, particularly as it works fine on my iPhone.

Here's a screenshot to give you a better idea...

Somebody help!
image.jpg
3 Replies

That's super frustrating. I'm assuming you've done all the basic troubleshooting techniques like reinstalling the app and/or restarting your phone by holding the power and home buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds? That tends to solve various issues for users in the past.
Also, it might be good to make sure you are connected to a reliable WiFi network.

Hello @TricycleExpress Welcome to the spotify community!

go to Spotify.com -> login to your account -> under the profile tab -> Copy your username -> and you will see a option to set a special spotify password for your devices (do that) -> and login to the Spotify iPad app with the updated credentials.

If it still doesn't work, just go ahead and reinstall the iPad app entirely by deleting in the settings -> general -> usage -> Spotify -> remove
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hi, it's been a while but the problem still persists! I guess sitting on it and hoping that the new ios update would somehow fix it, wasn't exactly an inspired moment!

I've removed and reinstalled the app but nothing seems to have changed. I've attempted to set the special device password, but cannot find any sign of that option anywhere. Has that been moved somewhere else, or simply removed altogether?

Thanks, again.

Suggested posts