Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Download to iphone

How do I put the songs onto my phone so I can listen without using data?

• How do I put the songs onto my phone so I can listen without using data?
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify thinks I'm abroad!

I can't log on to Spotify on my iPhone because "you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days". My profile does state that I'm in the Netherlands even though I have always only used spotify in Belgium. I don't seem to be able to change the country sett...

• I can't log on to Spotify on my iPhone because "you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days". My profile does state that I'm in the Netherlands even though I have always only used spotify in Belgium....
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks jumps to the next song, all time, on my iphone app

Hello there, Since last friday, I'm experiencing a recurring problem: when I play a Spotify playlist on my iPhone the tracks stops after the first seconds of a song and jumps to the next one, which jumps to next one and to the next one and so on, non...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there, Since last friday, I'm experiencing a recurring problem: when I play a Spotify playlist on my iPhone the tracks stops after the first seconds of a song and jumps to the ...
  • ferzinhapb
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! problem

hi everybody, i have a problem. i saved a song in my music. the song is morning glory by oasis live version. quite at the middle of the song there is a problem, i mean that the song jump a little. is there anybody of spotify staff who can help me ple...

• Visitor
  • hi everybody, i have a problem. i saved a song in my music. the song is morning glory by oasis live version. quite at the middle of the song there is a problem, i mean that the song jump a little. ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

WAY Too Much Data Usage

Yesterday within two hours I got texts from AT&T saying that I had used 65%, 95%, and then 100% of my monthly 2 gig data plan. All I had done was listen to a couple songs and check facebook a couple times. So i reset my data counter and checked in tw...

• Yesterday within two hours I got texts from AT&T saying that I had used 65%, 95%, and then 100% of my monthly 2 gig data plan.  All I had done was listen to a couple songs and check facebook...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to sort albums in Your Music by artist

I believe albums were sorted by artist after the latest update (1.5.0). I tried the 'Sort By Title' button next to the Filter bar in Albums in Your Music, and now I can't get it back. Tapping it again doesn't turn it off; it's impossible to get album...

• Casual Listener
  • I believe albums were sorted by artist after the latest update (1.5.0). I tried the 'Sort By Title' button next to the Filter bar in Albums in Your Music, and now I can't get it back. Tapping it agai...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Emredost

IPhone doesnt recognize my premium account!!! What to do???

• Casual Listener
  • IPhone doesnt recognize my premium account!!! What to do???
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Driving away from from home while on wifi

Dear, While I step into my car with the wifi connected and I drive away from home and start the app, it keeps connecting for a while till I reach a decent connection (edge / 3G). In the mean while I can't access my offline music. Link to old topic: h...

• Regular
  • Dear,   While I step into my car with the wifi connected and I drive away from home and start the app, it keeps connecting for a while till I reach a decent connection (edge / 3G). In the me...
  • VinceThePrince
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Public Profile and followers: wrong amount is shown

Hi, just found a small bug: Visit a public profile (I checked "Spotify Deutschland", see screenshot profile.png) the followers of a playlist is shown. Now if you go to "See All Playlists" the follower counter of a playlist is displaying 0 instead of ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   just found a small bug: Visit a public profile (I checked "Spotify Deutschland", see screenshot profile.png) the followers of a playlist is shown. Now if you go to "See All P...
  • LeoTM
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Starred songs will not download!

Hi, the songs I choose for my starred playlist all of the sudden won't download for offline use. It has previously worked and when I tried to turn the playlist off and back on to be available offline, some songs that were once downloaded were not any...

• Hi, the songs I choose for my starred playlist all of the sudden won't download for offline use. It has previously worked and when I tried to turn the playlist off and back on to be available offline...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with app iphone 4s,

Hi! On my daughters Iphone 4s the app becomes shrunked when starting it up. The text still is i normal size but the screen becomes extremly small and makes it impossible to log in. The problem started now after last iOS update (7.1.2), when installin...

• Hi! On my daughters Iphone 4s the app becomes shrunked when starting it up. The text still is i normal size but the screen becomes extremly small and makes it impossible to log in. The problem ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble syncing to iPhone

Spotify has stopped syncing to my iPhone. To answer some standard questions: - I'm on WiFi, but also checked 'sync over cellular' just in case. But I'm definitely on WiFi, and a fast connection at that. - There is plenty of space on my phone — nearly...

•   Spotify has stopped syncing to my iPhone.   To answer some standard questions: - I'm on WiFi, but also checked 'sync over cellular' just in case. But I'm definitely on WiFi, ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Signed in on 2 devices; How to tell when one is playing

To all i have Spotify Premium on my and my wife's phone. i cant play both at the same time it would seem. How on one device can i tell when the other device is playing? as we are 100s of miles apart, it would be good to see if the other is using the ...

• Casual Listener
  • To all     i have Spotify Premium on my and my wife's phone. i cant play both at the same time it would seem. How on one device can i tell when the other device is playing? as we are ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stopped Syncing on my I Pod

Doesn't say too full, it just stopped syncing...and I know I have more space?

• Visitor
  • Doesn't say too full, it just stopped syncing...and I know I have more  space?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't fit the screen iphone 4s

Hi, so I updated to ios 7.1.2 and when i start spotify, the screen just become smaller and I can't tap anything

• Regular
  • Hi, so I updated to ios 7.1.2 and when i start spotify, the screen just become smaller and I can't tap anything
  • ethanm21
  • 48 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 48 replies
  • 2 likes

Available Offline Only Filter: Not showing all offline content

Hey, Situation: 1 playlist folder with 4 playlists in it. When I set only one playlist to be used offline: this playlist is not shown if the filter is set to "Available Offline Only". If you set all 4 playlists to be used offline, the folder with the...

• Regular
  • Hey,   Situation: 1 playlist folder with 4 playlists in it.   When I set only one playlist to be used offline: this playlist is not shown if the filter is set to "Available Offline ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify iPhone issues

I recently brought a 6 month premium for my iPhone at the shops but when I went to renew it on the redeem codes site it only came up with spotify unlimited for 12 months so I assumed that was the premium service I wanted, now I've spent my money on u...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently brought a 6 month premium for my iPhone at the shops but when I went to renew it on the redeem codes site it only came up with spotify unlimited for 12 months so I assumed that was the pre...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

play offline songs offline when i am online

Hi, I have downloaded all offline songs to my iPhone, does it always play in offlime mode even I set my spotify online?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    I have downloaded all offline songs to my iPhone, does it always play in offlime mode even I set my spotify online?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cable to connect iPhone 5s to DAC for using Spotify on home system?

My problem is that I want to connect my iPhone to my DAC and play Spotify through that device rather than using my Macbook. I can find no cable that has a male lightning termination at the Macbook end and a printer termination (the type of USB cable ...

• Casual Listener
  •   My problem is that I want to connect my iPhone to my DAC and play Spotify through that device rather than using my Macbook.   I can find no cable that has a male lightning terminati...
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting to Mac

I'm new to Spotify, thinking I should be able to control the music playing on my Mac Mini using my iPad via Connect. Not sure how to do but assume I should click on the connect button on my iPad and see/select my Mini, I only see my iPad, Apple TV, a...

• Regular
  • I'm new to Spotify, thinking I should be able to control the music playing on my Mac Mini using my iPad via Connect. Not sure how to do but assume I should click on the connect button on my iPad and ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes