Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Premium not working

Mine is not working eighter. I payed for it like 20 mins ago. Still says i have Free account.

• Mine is not working eighter. I payed for it like 20 mins ago. Still says i have Free account.
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS 7 Lockscreen Controls

Hi there, For some reason, the Lockscreen controls aren't working for Spotify anymore, ever since updating to IOS 7. Does that happen to anyone else? (Unresponsive keys)

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, For some reason, the Lockscreen controls aren't working for Spotify anymore, ever since updating to IOS 7.   Does that happen to anyone else? (Unresponsive keys)  
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundrop App Technical support?

Does anyone know if there's a way to get in touch with the Soundrop app's technical support? The app constantly crashes which is extremely frustrating. The only reason I have Spotify premium is so I can use the Soundrop app on my phone, except it doe...

• Gig Goer
  • Does anyone know if there's a way to get in touch with the Soundrop app's technical support? The app constantly crashes which is extremely frustrating. The only reason I have Spotify premium is so I ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

all tracks desynchronize when i shut down the phone

Hello, I've been having a problem lately, every time i shut down the phone (or the phone dies because of zero battery) all my offline playlist get desynchronized and i am logged out of spotify. I travel a lot and sometimes i don't have a 3G internet ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I've been having a problem lately, every time i shut down the phone (or the phone dies because of zero battery) all my offline playlist get desynchronized and i am logged out of spo...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod

I have recently upgraded to premium. On my iphone it runs smoothly on iOS 7. However on my iPod (running iOS 5) when I try to swipe "available offline" to on it says it's available for only premium people which I am.Does anyone have any advice?

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently upgraded to premium. On my iphone it runs smoothly on iOS 7. However on my iPod (running iOS 5) when I try to swipe "available offline" to on it says it's available for only premium p...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Releases

How come the new releases tab is always leaving many artists out of the mix? I can find an exorbitant amount of new music releases on iTunes and they are hidden on spotify. They should be in the new releases category. I should have to open iTunes and...

• Casual Listener
  • How come the new releases tab is always leaving many artists out of the mix? I can find an exorbitant amount of new music releases on iTunes and they are hidden on spotify. They should be in the new ...
  • TinkyWinky
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • New Songs
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify reboots my iphone while playing via bluetooth in car

Since updating spotify app 2 weeks ago to ver 1.5.0.2728, spotify will reboot iphone 5 ver iOS 7.1.2 when i stat streaming playlists. Will play for up to 1 minute but often shorter times and then drop off or reboot phone (to apple logo ) On restartin...

• Regular
  • Since updating spotify app 2 weeks ago to ver 1.5.0.2728, spotify will reboot iphone 5 ver iOS 7.1.2 when i stat streaming playlists. Will play for up to 1 minute but often shorter times and then dro...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Space of Spotify data on iPad

Hi guys,The space of my Spotify App is now 5,0GB on iPad memory. When does it will stop to increase? On my desktop I can configurate it untill 10% of total memory. On Ipad I don't find such feature. Time to time I delete and download the App again in...

• Roadie
  • Hi guys, The space of my Spotify App is now 5,0GB on iPad memory. When does it will stop to increase? On my desktop I can configurate it untill 10% of total memory. On Ipad I don't find such feature...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipad Mini, can not see option switch for "Available Offline"

Can anyone shed any light, i have trolled though different threads and can not come up with the same problem. I have just subscribed to Premium and I can not get offline to work on my ipad mini. 1. I have got it working on a Android phone ok. I can s...

• Casual Listener
  • Can anyone shed any light, i have trolled though different threads and can not come up with the same problem.   I have just subscribed to Premium and I can not get offline to work on my ipad...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[URGENT HELP!!] - Spotify messed up text / unusable app / Developer mode always on - iPhone 5S

Hi, I have an iPhone 5S. For some reason all the next is now wrong. It looks as if the developer mode in the Spotify app has been activiated. If so, how to I turn it off? The app is completely unsuable now. I even tried reinstalling it a couple of ti...

IMG_0979.PNG IMG_0977.PNG IMG_0978.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have an iPhone 5S. For some reason all the next is now wrong. It looks as if the developer mode in the Spotify app has been activiated. If so, how to I turn it off?   The ap...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files syncing on iOS

I am having difficulty syncing my local files. I added about 50 tracks to the "local files" folder on my Mac on spotify (latest version of spotify, Mac OS 10.7) and I want to have these files on my iPhone 5s as well (running iOS 7 with about 4 gigs o...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having difficulty syncing my local files. I added about 50 tracks to the "local files" folder on my Mac on spotify (latest version of spotify, Mac OS 10.7) and I want to have these files on my i...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • IOS 7
    local files sync
    Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

your music

All my 'your music' files (song, album & artist) disappeared on my iPhone. They were all made available offline And i can't seem to put them back. They are still on my mcBook but won't sync. Playlists are still sync-ed on my iPhone, only 'your music'...

• Casual Listener
  • All my 'your music' files (song, album & artist) disappeared on my iPhone. They were all made available offline And i can't seem to put them back. They are still on my mcBook but won't syn...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Not Working in iPhone or Mac

I just signed up for premium. My discover function (basically the whole reason I signed up) isn't working on iPhone 5 or Mac 10.9.3. Everything is up to date. Any suggestions?

• Visitor
  • I just signed up for premium. My discover function (basically the whole reason I signed up) isn't working on iPhone 5 or Mac 10.9.3. Everything is up to date. Any suggestions?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS: Spotify Connect & Radio] Error Message at voting for a song

iPhone: 4 (not 4s) iOS: 7.1.2 Spotify App: 1.5.0.2728 Connect Device: YAMAHA RX-S600D (A420FB) Hello, it seems that there is a bug in the current Spotify App regarding "Spotify Connect". When i'm playing spotify-radio over my connected device (YAMAHA...

• Casual Listener
  • iPhone: 4 (not 4s) iOS: 7.1.2 Spotify App: 1.5.0.2728 Connect Device: YAMAHA RX-S600D (A420FB)   Hello,   it seems that there is a bug in the current Spotify App regarding "Sp...
  • teufelslama666
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add local files to playlist on ios7 app

Every time I try to add a local file to another playlist on my iphone, Spotify crashes.

• Regular
  • Every time I try to add a local file to another playlist on my iphone, Spotify crashes.
  • Martiraff
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    IOS 7
    local files
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod nano not detected by spotify due to lightning USB?

I have a 7th generation iPod nano and I am trying to sync it to my desktop spotify program. I have looked many help forums where the lightning USB appears to not sync with spotify. I am very frustrated because I bought the iPod nano 7th generation be...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 7th generation iPod nano and I am trying to sync it to my desktop spotify program. I have looked many help forums where the lightning USB appears to not sync with spotify. I am very frustrat...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

iphone 5s only syncing certain songs

So I just recently got my iPhone 5s warratied, so apple gave me a new one. When I loaded the backup of my old one onto the new one, spotify was put in the exact same place as where I had it on the old phone. However, when I clicked the "make songs av...

• Regular
  • So I just recently got my iPhone 5s warratied, so apple gave me a new one. When I loaded the backup of my old one onto the new one, spotify was put in the exact same place as where I had it on the ol...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

problems streaming Spotify from apple tv

Hello, I am having issues streaming music from my apple tv. I have tried this from my iphone, ipad, and imac. It works for about 20 minutes and then kicks off to the device it was streaming from. What's causing this?? I can play itunes and other thin...

• Hello,    I am having issues streaming music from my apple tv. I have tried this from my iphone, ipad, and imac. It works for about 20 minutes and then kicks off to the device it was st...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2nd Gen Ipod Touch

Hi. Seen plenty of posts about this, but still a little confused. My 2nd Gen Ipod only goes to ios 4.2.1. I have had spotify working on it, but as a free user, it is saying that you have to be a premium user to stream. So my questions are : When did ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   Seen plenty of posts about this, but still a little confused.   My 2nd Gen Ipod only goes to ios 4.2.1.   I have had spotify working on it, but as a free user, it is ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs randomly start playing on iOS

For some time now, Spotify has been randomly playing songs when left open, and sitting on my iHome. Even when I shut off the iHome I can still see the timer on the song going, so I end up having to close out the app completely if I don't want it to p...

• Gig Goer
  • For some time now, Spotify has been randomly playing songs when left open, and sitting on my iHome. Even when I shut off the iHome I can still see the timer on the song going, so I end up having to c...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes