Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics not in sync when using Airplay

Solved!

Lyrics not in sync when using Airplay

Hello team, since the global release of lyrics, I am enjoying the feature. My only complaint is that when playing the music using AirPlay, lyrics are not in sync anymore. 

The lyrics in my iPhone 13 Pro are displayed in advance. Seems like the app doesn’t take into account the slight music delay when playing music on AirPlay. 

also trying Spotify Connect instead of AirPlay = same delay behavior. 

When I bring back the music locally on my iPhone, the lyrics are back in sync. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @yoonnel

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We can confirm that the behavior you describe is expected. 

The lyrics are synced with the playback on the local device in this case your phone, but when using the Connect feature or Airplay, there is a naturally induced delay due to how it works.

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right team as we always strive to improve your experience. 

Hope this helps clearing things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey there @yoonnel,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Could you let us know if the lyrics sync fine on your TV when you play music directly on it? 

On another note, would you mind sending us a video where we can take a better look at this behavior? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni why are you mentioning a TV?

Hi @yoonnel,

Thank you for keeping in touch and sorry about the confusion?

Could you clarify what's the second device you're streaming your music to? 

Also, please don't forget to share with us the video that @Eni requested previously. It will help us take a better look at the issue.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You mean the AirPlay speaker ? It’s a KEF LSX

No update team?

Marked as solution

Hi @yoonnel

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We can confirm that the behavior you describe is expected. 

The lyrics are synced with the playback on the local device in this case your phone, but when using the Connect feature or Airplay, there is a naturally induced delay due to how it works.

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right team as we always strive to improve your experience. 

Hope this helps clearing things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator

After giving it some thought, I believe this should change! As you encourage your users to use technologies such as Connect, it feel odd that your lyric product doesn't follow.

BTW, I've been trying Apple Music, and regardless of the use of Airplay, Bluetooth, or whatever, Lyrics are ALWAYS in sync.

The way you listen to music should not diminish the user experience on new features, right? 🙂

Hello Spotify team ! Was wondering if you considered bringing some love to Apple users and correct the sync issue?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 11, Amazon Echo Dot

Operating System

(ios 16

My Question or Issue

When i’m connected to my echo dot the synced lyrics lag behind. but only when i’m connected through the speaker feature, when i use bluetooth it doesn’t lag at all

Hey @Stelth,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've tested this on our end, however, we couldn't reproduce the issue. As a next step, can you please let us know the following:

• Your smart speaker model and exact Spotify version.
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps like reinstalling the app on your phone?
  • Does the issue persist when using the desktop app/different phone? How about a different account?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator

Hey, I have the same issue and the is a reddit post showing a video of it (https://www.reddit.com/r/amazonecho/comments/10oxk9f/spotifys_lyrics_lag_behind_only_when_connected_...), it happens regardless of the device I am using

It’s incredibly annoying that this hasn’t been fixed. I can’t imagine it’s that hard to create communication between the two devices to synchronize the timing. 

I have the same issue . Iphone 13 max phone. Lyrics wont work when connected to apple car play. Ive tried reinstalling the app, nothing changed. 
help solve this please

It's the same for android users. It may start out ok, and maybe for one sing, but then is out of sync using the connect feature to a tv/roku. 

I closed the app and reopened and connected to roku. It was on sync  for maybe 30 second.  Every sing afterwards was out of sync

December 26, 2023

Send like this issue had been ongoing for years without resolution. 

In the case of Spotify connect, if it doesn't already, the SDK should provide a way for the speaker device to indicate how much buffering it is doing. The speaker could be doing several seconds of buffering (e.g. to avoid network drop outs, etc), causing playback to lag behind where Spotify thinks it is, thus making the lyrics appear to be advancing too quickly.

Hey folks,

Apologies for the lack of updates on our end.

For anyone still experiencing the issue, please provide the info requested above so we can report this to the relevant team.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts