Announcements

Lyrics not in sync when using Airplay

Solved!

Lyrics not in sync when using Airplay

yoonnel

Hello team, since the global release of lyrics, I am enjoying the feature. My only complaint is that when playing the music using AirPlay, lyrics are not in sync anymore. 

The lyrics in my iPhone 13 Pro are displayed in advance. Seems like the app doesn’t take into account the slight music delay when playing music on AirPlay. 

also trying Spotify Connect instead of AirPlay = same delay behavior. 

When I bring back the music locally on my iPhone, the lyrics are back in sync. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Eni

Hi @yoonnel

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We can confirm that the behavior you describe is expected. 

The lyrics are synced with the playback on the local device in this case your phone, but when using the Connect feature or Airplay, there is a naturally induced delay due to how it works.

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right team as we always strive to improve your experience. 

Hope this helps clearing things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Eni

Hey there @yoonnel,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Could you let us know if the lyrics sync fine on your TV when you play music directly on it? 

On another note, would you mind sending us a video where we can take a better look at this behavior? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

yoonnel

Hi @Eni why are you mentioning a TV?

MafeG

Hi @yoonnel,

Thank you for keeping in touch and sorry about the confusion?

Could you clarify what's the second device you're streaming your music to? 

Also, please don't forget to share with us the video that @Eni requested previously. It will help us take a better look at the issue.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

yoonnel
You mean the AirPlay speaker ? It’s a KEF LSX

yoonnel

No update team?

Marked as solution

Eni

Hi @yoonnel

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We can confirm that the behavior you describe is expected. 

The lyrics are synced with the playback on the local device in this case your phone, but when using the Connect feature or Airplay, there is a naturally induced delay due to how it works.

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right team as we always strive to improve your experience. 

Hope this helps clearing things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator

Suggested posts

Env: prod