Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Making my Music Library "Available Offline"

Making my Music Library "Available Offline"

So I've gotten around the problem of transferring all my Starred songs into my new Music Library using a PC. It's okay for some but not for those without access to a PC.

My new problem now is, how do I make the songs in my Music Library "Available Offline"? My songs transferred from my Starred list is available offline but that's because I haven't deleted the playlist yet.

Any new songs I now add into my Music Library isn't available offline. The current workaround is to first add to a playlist that's been made available offline, then "Save" the song into my library, which is doubling up the whole process.

I also noticed that in the PC version, you can make your songs Available Offline but that option isn't there (or I can't find it) in the iOS app.

12 Replies

Also, you know how you have the filter option for playlist? Can't get that in the app too so I have to browse my entire list (small at the moment but it would be different for other users) to find a specific song I want to get to.

This is a pretty big deal for me too. Please answer or fix this issue!

This is a huge problem with the new Spotify update, that and there is major lag even on the latest iPhone 5S

The only playlist I want available offline (My Music) doesn't even offer the option.

Have the same issue but I think Spotify crew will make this right soon. I hope they improve some aspects:

- Spotify stores all CD covers and artists photos offline, so you no longer have to wait for it

- Your songs on my music to be organised like in alphabetical order or by date

- Fast pacing through your artist by first digit (like in Apple Music Player), beacuse I think i takes too much time if you have ober 500 artists in My Music and want to skip from 'A' to 'X'

I've read somewhere on here that the Spotify devs are definitely looking into the issue.

This is another major problem with the "New Spotify". I honestly have no idea how some of these "features" and changes make it through UAT. 

Do they have power users that test this? Or is it a bunch of people who don't really use the product?

How does this could not have been fixed yet ? 

So....... It looks like it will not be a feature...

It is... You first have to "Save a Song to your Music". Under Your Music, click Songs. There should be an Available Offline function. This was implemented not long after this problem was reported.

Yeah, it's definitely available on iOS, not on desktop though.

Yest but... No. Not on desktop (at least on osx), only on the phone app (at
least on android).

Keep in mind this is the iOS section of the board 😉

Suggested posts