Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify plays 2 songs at the same time.

When I start playing music from my playlists, it starts out fine, but after playing several songs, another song starts playing at the same time in the background. I have tried reloading Spotify, I even bought a whole new computer, changing from Windo...

• Casual Listener
  • When I start playing music from my playlists, it starts out fine, but after playing several songs, another song starts playing at the same time in the background. I have tried reloading Spotify, I ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

iPhone 5 playlists not showing

For some reason I have no playlists showing up on my iPhone.They all work fine on my other devices. I've tried a hard reset, log in, re-install etc, no help at all. For some reason it still shows recently played, and connects with other devices, just...

• For some reason I have no playlists showing up on my iPhone. They all work fine on my other devices. I've tried a hard reset, log in, re-install etc, no help at all. For some reason it still shows...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks from an unknown playlist cut off what I'm listening to and begin playing

This is pretty strange and quite annoying. While listening to any song, the song abruptly stops and a track from some unkown playlist begins playing. It started out happening every so often, now it happens almost immediately. There's no way to remove...

• Regular
  • This is pretty strange and quite annoying.   While listening to any song, the song abruptly stops and a track from some unkown playlist begins playing. It started out happening every so ofte...
  • Martialcart
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cramped iPhone 5c and low data allowance - need a sync solution!

Hi, I'm posting this question afresh as I've just realised it wasn't relevent to the thread I replied to. I have an Apple iPhone 5c with a lousy 4GB of free space. I want to subscribe to Spotify, but I must choose between a) using all my iPhone memor...

• Regular
  • Hi, I'm posting this question afresh as I've just realised it wasn't relevent to the thread I replied to.  I have an Apple iPhone 5c with a lousy 4GB of free space. I want to subscribe to Spo...
  • Tiburonsmoke
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium subscription after cancellation

I paid for spotify today and decided that it was the last month I would use it due to me running low on money and trying to save more. After my subscription renewed for the month of June I went on to my account and cancelled the automatic billing. A ...

• Visitor
  • I paid for spotify today and decided that it was the last month I would use it due to me running low on money and trying to save more. After my subscription renewed for the month of June I went on to...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium payment
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The Spitify Connect icon is gone!

I use my iPhone 6 controlling Spotify on my LG Music Flow speakers. It worked fine for a ling time. Suddenly the icon in the lower right corner has disappeared! It just shows the repeat icon.Where is it? (And yes, I have the latest versions and reins...

• Regular
  • I use my iPhone 6 controlling Spotify on my LG Music Flow speakers. It worked fine for a ling time. Suddenly the icon in the lower right corner has disappeared! It just shows the repeat icon. Where ...
  • Juzjul
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • spotify connect icon
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unavailable offline song still plays when I am offline

If I set a song or an artist to be unavailable offline, then why does the song or artist play when I'm offline. Also, how do I unsync songs or playlists in order to free up memory on my iPhone? Thanks.

• Regular
  • If I set a song or an artist to be unavailable offline, then why does the song or artist play when I'm offline.   Also, how do I unsync songs or playlists in order to free up memory on my iPho...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not syncing to iPhone 5s

iMac running Yosemite 10.10.3iPhone 5s iOS 8.3 My local files used to be synced to my playlist but after an update they became "grayed out" and when i click on the file on my phone, it says "Song Not Synced". Both my iMac and iPhone are connected to ...

• iMac running Yosemite 10.10.3 iPhone 5s iOS 8.3   My local files used to be synced to my playlist but after an update they became "grayed out" and when i click on the file on my phone, it say...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Running: personalized playlist option missing.

I've downloaded the most recent version of Spotify for iOS 8. I see the running option in my side bar. However, I'm missing the personalized playlist option. I don't understand why, as I have about 20 to 30 personalized playlists, and I've been a pre...

• Regular
  • I've downloaded the most recent version of Spotify for iOS 8. I see the running option in my side bar. However, I'm missing the personalized playlist option. I don't understand why, as I have about 2...
  • meganlibrarian
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 8
    Running
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to stop shuffle play

Can some tell me how to stop shuffle play for my iPhone?

• Can some tell me how to stop shuffle play for my iPhone?
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Failed log in on iPhone 5

Every time I try to log into my account on my iPhone it comes up saying "login failed, you've already created an account with this email address"....yes that's the whole point, can anybody help?

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I try to log into my account on my iPhone it comes up saying "login failed, you've already created an account with this email address"....yes that's the whole point, can anybody help?
  • Mike91
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Use Spotify playlist with RunKeeper

Hi, I wish to know if is possible listen Spotify playlist from RunKeeper. Thanks in advance, Regards,

• Hi,   I wish to know if is possible listen Spotify playlist from RunKeeper.   Thanks in advance,   Regards, 
  • DirkB
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify premium doesnt work

I have had Spotify premium for several years and suddenly it doesnt work. It have changed to a Free account according to my Spotify App

• Casual Listener
  • I have had Spotify premium for several years and suddenly it doesnt work. It have changed to a Free account according to my Spotify App
  • vincentjaro007
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Another Local Files Issue Thread!

It's really simple to sum up. My iPad and computer are on the same Wifi. I put my local files not available to stream in a playlist, and I marked that playlist to be available offline. All the songs are stilled greyed out on my iPad, and when I click...

• Casual Listener
  • It's really simple to sum up. My iPad and computer are on the same Wifi. I put my local files not available to stream in a playlist, and I marked that playlist to be available offline. All the songs ...
  • beems
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify wont start on ipad

My Spotify app on my Ipad is failing to start up today.I have tried deleting and re-installing.

• Regular
  • My Spotify app on my Ipad is failing to start up today.I have tried deleting and re-installing.
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all tracks in a playlist flagged for Offline Mode are downloaded

Hey all, DescriptionSo I've got this issue where I've created playlists and marked a few of them for offline mode so I could listen to them on the go without going over my [unreasonably expensive canadian] cell phone data plan limit. It seems, howeve...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   Description So I've got this issue where I've created playlists and marked a few of them for offline mode so I could listen to them on the go without going over my [unreasonably ex...
  • Cumberbell
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug Report] Spotify stops playing music when playing online radio and iPhone locks

When listening to online radios and the iPhone locks, the next music always freezes in 10'', no meter how many times I skip a music. All controls in lockscreen doesn't respond and the music-time bar stills counting, requiring me to unlock the iPhone ...

• When listening to online radios and the iPhone locks, the next music always freezes in 10'', no meter how many times I skip a music. All controls in lockscreen doesn't respond and the music-time bar ...
  • philgin
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS 9 Recently Played display bug

I'm running the latest version of Spotify on IOS 9 (iPhone 6), and obviously this is a beta and there are bound to be issues, and I'm not complaining about this small issue, just making you guys aware of it if you're not already. Most of the time, th...

• Regular
  • I'm running the latest version of Spotify on IOS 9 (iPhone 6), and obviously this is a beta and there are bound to be issues, and I'm not complaining about this small issue, just making you guys awar...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Beta iOS 2015 May remove

Hi,There was a new beta option on spotify during May where the user could opt into a beta trial in app that had the new running feature as a part of it. I was wondering whether there was any way in which to revert back to the old standard version tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, There was a new beta option on spotify during May where the user could opt into a beta trial in app that had the new running feature as a part of it. I was wondering whether there was any way ...
  • AliAllMusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Beta
    change it back
    iOS 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone App Crash / Bug report

Hi there, hope the Spotify Dev team reads this, I just found a bug in the app: Opened spotify in Austria (not my home country) with Roaming/no Internet connection (but not airplane mode). Started playing a playlist (Starred) that was made available o...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   hope the Spotify Dev team reads this, I just found a bug in the app:   Opened spotify in Austria (not my home country) with Roaming/no Internet connection (but not air...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes