Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile Issue with latest update 0.7.1

Mobile Issue with latest update 0.7.1

Since I've updated I haven't been able to use the search function. It keeps saying the search failed. I decided to reinstall hoping this would get fixed.

Next time I open the app, my playlists have 0 songs in them and nothing works. I can't sync anything and the app is useless.
Please help!

18 Replies

Same here...can play playlists but search fails every time

Hi there 🙂

There are a few bugs with the 0.7.1 release, however I believe this is limited to crashing on open.

Do your playlists work on another device?

Liam

Same problem here. I went to do a search this morning and it instantly said "Search Failed. This search failed, please try again later". Killed and reopened, same issue. Restarted my phone, same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue + my playlists are all blank now!

Same here. This is absolutely ridiculous never buying premium again, I lost my music an hour before my 6 hour flight.

Playlists work... Searching for songs fails though. Reinstalling app to see if the problem is corrected

Reinstalled and still no search...No loss of playlists either though so at least I can still play those

Going to check with my ipad now

I guess things are not working with this new update. I am having the same problem. 

I downloaded the app and went to use it on my mobile device and my playlists names all appear but they have been wiped of all songs. My starred section has zero songs as well as the search function. 

It does not work. 

The only playlists that appear are those of other people I am following. I can play songs on the the Discover tab but nothing else. 

Hurry up and fix this!!!!

Ipad searches but fails. Now playlists are empty. Needs to be fixed soon or I will be getting my subscription fee back.

I just downloaded the app on an iPhone 4S and it had the same exact issue. Playlists with no songs, couldn't add anything or search.
My current device is an iPhone 5 by the way.

Identical problem. Couldn't use search and playlists that were unsynced would not play. Deleted Spotify. Downloaded again. Logged in. Cannot search, and now ALL playlists are blank.

It seems as if Spotify is not seeing my device (iPhone 5) as being online?

Same issues here.

I can't even open the app now on my iPad. Spins and crashes within a second or so.

No issues with 0.7.1.23 on my iPhone though.

At first I could open the ipad app. Once I opened and searched for a song. Clicked the song with no play. Now crashes at startup.

UPDATE: all of a sudden mine is completely back to normal. It crashed 10-12 times in a row. Tried it one more time and everything was back to normal.

Will try again! Hopefully it will work this time

Sorry for the double post, but it IS working fully now. Thanks for the quick fix Spotify!

All good now, thanks spotify developers

All is good now...was worried Iran had taken control of Spotify and we would never see it again!

Suggested posts