Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes

Can't synch spotify to my ipod

I've been trying to export a playlist from my spotify account to my ipod without success, i am a premium customer but i don't seem able to transfer them over whenever i highlight manually synchronize my spotify closes down. i have uninstalled and rei...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to export a playlist from my spotify account to my ipod without success, i am a premium customer but i don't seem able to transfer them over whenever i highlight manually synchronize...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not working

Hey, Kayla here (Krbachman)... Just bought a spotify premium account for a road trip and it's not working. When I try to play songs, it tells me I need a premium account. What should I do?

• Hey, Kayla here (Krbachman)... Just bought a spotify premium account for a road trip and it's not working. When I try to play songs, it tells me I need a premium account. What should I do?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New phone, trouble syncing.

Hi, Ive just upgraded my phone to the iphone 5. I had spotify on my iPhone 4 and had over 500 songs synced. I of course synced spotify onto my new phone. However the songs on the app are not syncing over. I have gone onto the Spotify app on my comput...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Ive just upgraded my phone to the iphone 5.  I had spotify on my iPhone 4 and had over 500 songs synced. I of course synced spotify onto my new phone.  However the songs on the ap...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod

ive synced all my songs but i,ll play so many then throws me out of spotify and i need to log in again, cn anyone help? thanks

• ive synced all my songs but i,ll play so many then throws me out of spotify and i need to log in again, cn anyone help? thanks
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Most Songs added to playlist before Spotify Premium wont play on mobile. Any Help?

Ok so I have a playlist named Itunes, it is the playlist I had for months before i finally decided to pay for premium. Anyways, when i bought premium i noticed that the majority of the songs on the playlist only play on my computer and not on mobile....

• Regular
  • Ok so I have a playlist named Itunes, it is the playlist I had for months before i finally decided to pay for premium. Anyways, when i bought premium i noticed that the majority of the songs on the p...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't Sync!

PLEASE HELP!Some songs that I have starred will not sync!How do I fix this?-JCook

• Casual Listener
  • PLEASE HELP! Some songs that I have starred will not sync! How do I fix this? -JCook
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

very confused with Data

For the past two weeks I've used Spotify on my iphone 5 in my car and no data has been used up according to cellular usage in the phone settings. I was on 4G. Thinking it was a 4G problem I switcthed to 3G today as a test and ran spotify radio for a ...

• Gig Goer
  • For the past two weeks I've used Spotify on my iphone 5 in my car and no data has been used up according to cellular usage in the phone settings. I was on 4G. Thinking it was a 4G problem I switcthed...
  • offbeatbryce
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 5 having issues with streaming playlist when not connected to Wi-Fi

Until the last few weeks i have had no issues with my premium spotify account. I live in the Metro Atlanta area and my cell provider is T-mobile. I have always had good reception since moving to Atlanta in February; and for the first few months was a...

• Until the last few weeks i have had no issues with my premium spotify account.  I live in the Metro Atlanta area and my cell provider is T-mobile.  I have always had good reception since mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 4 - Radio feature?

Hi. Just wondering if there are any plans to add the new radio features to an app supported on iOS 4? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   Just wondering if there are any plans to add the new radio features to an app supported on iOS 4?   Thanks.
  • afielden
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify on an older ipod nano

I tried syncing my ipod nano (3 years old) with spotify and it would not fully work. I would sync a playlist but it said "synced local files only". I have no local files and I couldnt transfer anything into that folder. Please help, I have a 24 hour ...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried syncing my ipod nano (3 years old) with spotify and it would not fully work. I would sync a playlist but it said "synced local files only". I have no local files and I couldnt transfer anythi...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • syncing with ipod
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pauses and will not play

Hi. I have an iphone 4 and spotify premium. Since about a week back I can start to play a song but then it pauses and I can not play anything. I have reinstalled the program but same issue. Why is this and what can I do? Thanks, Alfred Skogberg

• Hi.   I have an iphone 4 and spotify premium. Since about a week back I can start to play a song but then it pauses and I can not play anything. I have reinstalled the program but same issue...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

:(

I've just subscribed to spotify premium so I can listen to my music outside on my runs, when I click 'available offline' on my Iphone to download the songs, WHY does it start to download the first one, get stuck there and just not download any of my ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just subscribed to spotify premium so I can listen to my music outside on my runs, when I click 'available offline' on my Iphone to download the songs, WHY does it start to download the fir...
  • emilybeech
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone syncing problems

New on Spotify. Love it. However, I see that every track I add to computer auto syncs to iphone. Using space. How do I delete unwanted songs on iphone, and how do I prevent new tracks on computer from syncing the songs I don't want on iphone

• Regular
  • New on Spotify. Love it.  However, I see that every track I add to computer auto syncs to iphone. Using space. How do I delete unwanted songs on iphone, and how do I prevent new tracks on comput...
  • azgidget1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Says I don't have premium account

Just activated my subscription and tried login on my iPhone but when I go to play a song it says I don't have premium account. It works fine on my computer, but not on my iPhone. Anyone know why??

• Casual Listener
  • Just activated my subscription and tried login on my iPhone but when I go to play a song it says I don't have  premium account. It works fine on my computer, but not on my iPhone. Anyone know wh...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! My favourites songs on my iPhone doesn't sync with those on my PC

I had almost 18000 favourites songs. I removed them from my collection of favourite songs on my PC, but they are still among my favourite songs on my iPhone app. I don't know how to solve this problem, i tried every thing!

• Visitor
  • I had almost 18000 favourites songs. I removed them from my collection of favourite songs on my PC, but they are still among my favourite songs on my iPhone app. I don't know how to solve this...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I want to NOT see the not synced playlists om iPhone

Is there a way (a setting?) or something I can do to sort my playlists on the iPhone so I only can se (or see at top of a list) only the playlists I have synced offline? I only have about five out of 70-80 lists synced and they are hard to find!

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way (a setting?) or something I can do to sort my playlists on the iPhone so I only can se (or see at top of a list) only the playlists I have synced offline? I only have about five out of...
  • helkon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Re-start track from last position

Spotify iPhone question: If I exit the app midway through a track and then re-open the app, is it possible to have Spotify remember my last position and start again from there rather than re-starting from the beginning of the track? In fact is this p...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify iPhone question:   If I exit the app midway through a track and then re-open the app, is it possible to have Spotify remember my last position and start again from there rather than re...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I only have Spotify Radio on my iPhone

I only have Spotify Radio on my iPhone and I am a premium subscriber. 

• I only have Spotify Radio on my iPhone and I am a premium subscriber. 
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Un-delete playlist

hello, I just accidentally deleted my favorite playlist called "Ariela" while trying to delete a song. Is there any way I can recover it?

• hello, I just accidentally deleted my favorite playlist called "Ariela" while trying to delete a song. Is there any way I can recover it?
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playslists not syncing to my iPhone

Hey. I installed spotify premium on my mac and my iphone. They are connected to the same internett, but the phone does not show under "devices" on my mac, so i can't sync the songs to my iphpne. What is wrong?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey.   I installed spotify premium on my mac and my iphone. They are connected to the same internett, but the phone does not show under "devices" on my mac, so i can't sync the songs to my i...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes