Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Stopping While Streaming Through Chromecast Audio

Music Stopping While Streaming Through Chromecast Audio

Hi,

For the past two years I've been using a Chromecast Audio and Spotify to play music outside to my pool.  After the most recent Spotify update I began having problems.

Iphone 7+ 128GB

iOS 10.3.3

Google Chromecast Audio 1.26.94126

Spotify 8.4.18.632

The music will mute for a second or two every ten to thirty seconds now (this happens while disconnected from the Chromecast as well) and will stop entirely after a couple of songs.  This setup has been pretty solid for two years now so I'm really frustrated about it.  My wifi connection has full strength and my internet connection is 240Mbps.  Google Play Music and Pandora work without any problems.

Another issue is the volume is low now.  I have to turn the volume up to 3/4 to get the same volume level I had at 1/4 prior to the upgrade.

So far I have reset my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, factory reset my Chromecast Audio and setup from scratch, and none of these have resolved my issue.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.

2 Replies

I have the same problem, my premium spotify on chromecast works during 20 min and after that, the sound mute many seconds, several times by song.

Please, someone have any solution ?

Thanks

Deniccio

How long have you been running this setup?  Has it ever worked well?

Suggested posts