Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Iphone 13 mini

Operating System

iOS 15.4

So I used an android phone before and it was never an issue, I thought it is a touchscreen issue with the iphone but then again I disabled raise to wake and touch to wake, and it also never happens with any other apps, so it is a spotify issue.

Whenever I listen to music and the phone is my hand, I can shake it, touch the screen, anything this issue never comes up, but as soon as I put my phone to my pocket after a few minutes it  the music randomly stops and starts and skips to next track. I am paying for premium and I see it is an issue that persists for years so please suggest something or I have to decline my subscription as it won’t be good for anything.

Also it is a new phone, clean install of spotify but I reinstalled and restarted the phone, nothing changed. 

19 Replies

Hi @Sylveu,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you check your phone's battery settings and make sure Spotify is added as an exception, so that it's unaffected by battery optimization? 

You can also check if you've enabled Background App refresh for Spotify. You can do that in Settings > General > Background App Refresh and toggle it on (make sure that Spotify is also toggled on in the list of apps below).

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue, new phone, fresh install of spotify. Tried 2 different headsets, one wired, the other bluetooth. only happens in my pocket. started 2 days ago. Had it out of my pocket and no issues at all. Can walk and shake it, anything and no issues. If i put it in my pocket. it pauses. first time i click to play it will play for 1 sec and then off. 2nd time it will last a min or so. then repeat the issues with 1 sec then 1 min. etc.

Hey @Rath986,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

Can you let us know what phone you're using, along with the OS version and Spotify version.

Can you recall if there was any OS update right before this issue started happening?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Bought a new iphone 13 and airpods pro and installed Spotify. When  I have the phone in the pocket it randomly skips to next song at random times.

Hey @spirates

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to confirm, have you already tried the suggested steps in this thread?

On another note, we'd like to know if this only happens when you're using your Airpods or if it happens with other headphones as well. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I’ve also been having similar problems with Spotify the last couple of weeks. I’ve tried all the solutions on this thread and deleted/reinstalled.

Got an iPhone SE and wired headphones and been using the same ones for over 2 years with no problems, but as soon as I put it in my pocket it gets a life of its own, skipping songs, skipping forward in songs, pausing/restarting, and seems to be getting worse!

Tbh I didn’t find a aolution so I just bought bluetooth earphones

Hey @Pocketproblems,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind letting us know the exact troubleshooting steps you've followed so far, aside from reinstalling the app? That way we can avoid repeating any steps. 

On another note, just to confirm, has the app always been behaving like this or does it start to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Please send us the details about it.

Lastly, would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're currently running?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Ive looked made sure background refresh is on, have tried clearing the cache and made sure data saver mode is off.

The app worked fine on this phone for years, but I unfortunately can’t remember if there was a spotify or ios update just before it started acting up.

I’ve got version 8.8.18.559

Hey @Pocketproblems,

This is indeed odd behavior. In this case, since you kindly mentioned above that this is only happening when using your wired headphones, it seems to be directly related to them.

If you can't replicate this behavior with different headphones, we'd recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of your device so they can provide some insights in the matter. We haven't received so many contacts regarding this, so this may be related to your device, its settings, and how it interacts with your headphones when connected.

Lastly, we'd like you to know we really appreciate the time you took to let us know about this. We can't commit to a specific timeline for this inconvenience to be fixed, so for now, we'd suggest keeping your app up-to-date so you don't miss out on any developments.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator

I am also having this issue. Have ran with iPhone and power Beats Pro for years. No issue. Today every 1 minute I am pulling out my phone to restart a song that stopped. 

ios 16.3.1

spotify 8.8.24.312

Hey @Cwooly1,

In this case, we'd like to check, can you replicate this behavior with different headphones? It'd be awesome if you could check. 

On another note, would you mind letting us know if you've tried some of the suggestions posted in this thread? If you haven't give them a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as a OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hi, I have a similar problem. I pay for Spotify Premium. Over the past two weeks Spotify started shipping songs, turning up the volume until the highest possible or stopping all together. It has made running impossible! I tried three sets of headphones, both wired and wireless. It only happens when I'm running and have the phone in my belt (not when it's on the table). This suddenly started and before that I had years using the same Samsung (android) phone, same headphones, same running belt and same Spotify account. Please help to fix this!

Hey there @Stefaniedioses

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, have you already tried the suggested steps in this thread?

If so, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to see if they can replicate this behavior with their account?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

check your phone's battery settings

Same issue, started-not seeing a battery settings option to set Spotify as an exception 

Model

iPhone 12 mini

Version

iOS 16.5.1

Apologies for my post in so many parts. I keep getting verification notices/freezes  before mssg. is fully written;)

Tried:

-cleared cache

issue continues with various different headphones 

Hey @G-CA,

Apologies for the late reply.

We've forwarded this to the relevant team here at Spotify, however, we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date and do inform us if you notice any changes in this behavior.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts