Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops playing from playlists

Music stops playing from playlists

I start playing my playlists and no matter what playlist I go to, the song starts then 10 seconds after I plays, it stops. Then the app stops working. I have an iPhone XR. 

4 Replies

Same here! Glad to know I’m not alone! I restarted my iPhone and still no changes. 

This happens to me every now and then, delete the app and redownload and you'll be good 

Same happens to me, I have premium, and download the songs that don’t work. i have an iPhone XR as well, which may contribute to the problem. happens with specific songs too, but I fix the problem by pausing the song and exiting Spotify then re-opening Spotify. If that doesn’t work I usually cannot get the song to play. When I play the song that always stops playing at around 09 seconds on another device it seems to work. I’m thinking it may be our model of phone haha.

Hey folks,

Thank you very much for reaching out to the Community.

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases. To complement the steps mentioned by @znorth3 and @sweetcreature, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble with the playback.

In case that the issue persists, would you mind trying with a different WiFi network or a mobile data hotspot so see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Lastly, include in your next response the OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running in your device to keep investigating this further. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts