Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify account & my iPad-HELP QUICKLY PLEASE! 19 HRS LEFT IN TRIAL..

Solved!

My Spotify account & my iPad-HELP QUICKLY PLEASE! 19 HRS LEFT IN TRIAL..

When Spotify first came on the scene, I was offered a free subscription. Kelly Clarkson (who is AWESOME BTW) chose some members of her fan club to offer a free subscription to Spotify. I was one of the individuals chosen...all I had to do was enter the code she gave me and I have had a Spotify account ever since. (I don't recall when this happened...it was probably over a year ago.) But ever since I have become addicted to Spotify and really love it. 

Yesterday, I installed Spotify onto my iPad. (I have been using my laptop to access my account...but I figured I might as well put it on my iPad since I use this just as often.) 

Once I opened the app, I saw that it was telling me I only have 48 hours left of my Spotify trial. From my understanding, I don't have a trial...I have a subscription I have been using for months - if not for over a year. 

I read on this board that others have received this message after installing Spotify on their iPhone/iPad. The answer given to that individual was that after the 48 hour trial period was up, they could purchase a premium account...or just use the radio function. 

That doesn't help me at all because I shouldn't have to purchase an account after I already have an account I've been using. 

I now have 19 hours left in this "trial". 

Am I going to lose access to my Spotify account simply because I installed this app onto my iPad? Certainly that cannot be correct. 

I do NOT want to lose my account due to installing an app.  Could someone please ease my fears if this is not the case? Or if this IS the case, could someone please help me undo this installation before I lose everything on my account? 

PLEASE...ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED!! 

Thank you for your time! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for the appreciation 🙂 people saying thank you is what makes community posting worthwhile for me!

Yes you are correct, your account will return to its previous state after your 48 hour trial is over. However, non-premium spotify access on mobile devices is dependent on your country. In some countries you will still be able to have free radio access on your iPad, but in others you won't even be able to sign in on the mobile device without premium.

Spotify premium has many many awesome features which you can read about here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like your free subscription was an unlimited code not a premium one.

Spotify premium is required to use Spotify on mobile devices such as phones and tablets. When you log into a mobile application for the first time you will automatically get 48 hours access to premium features allowing you to test it on your mobile device. After the 48 hours is up, your account will return to its previous unlimited subscription. 

If you wish to continue to use Spotify on your tablet you need to upgrade to a premium account.

Peter

Peter

Thank you SO MUCH!!

Whew! I was worried! So you're saying the account I have on my laptop will return to what I've had in the past, and the account on my tablet will be more of a radio type application unless I decide to subscribe for a premium account. Did I get that right? 🙂

I had no idea Spotify offers more than what I've already experienced! I'm definitely going to use the remaining time left over in my trial to see what premium offers. Maybe it is a good idea to upgrade to premium...I guess I'll see. 🙂 

Would you mind giving me a quick reply to let me know if I understood your answer correctly? 🙂

BTW, thank you again for your help and for such a quick response.

You are a rockstar Peter!

~ Bree

Marked as solution

Thanks for the appreciation 🙂 people saying thank you is what makes community posting worthwhile for me!

Yes you are correct, your account will return to its previous state after your 48 hour trial is over. However, non-premium spotify access on mobile devices is dependent on your country. In some countries you will still be able to have free radio access on your iPad, but in others you won't even be able to sign in on the mobile device without premium.

Spotify premium has many many awesome features which you can read about here.

Peter

Peter

I am loving everything that is offered with the premium package...I'm so happy I talked to you! I am definitely thinking about signing up for a premium subscription. It would be too hard to go back to what I had now that I know the experience you get from the premium package. Thanks so much Peter! Have a good one!

Suggested posts