Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My iPod touch iOS 5.1.1 doesn't show under devices

Solved!

My iPod touch iOS 5.1.1 doesn't show under devices

I have it hooked up to the same wifi as my laptop, iTunes isn't opened, I've unplugged it and plugged it back in numerous times to no avail, and lastly I am a premium subscriber as of tonight.  Can anyone advise?  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you still have problems, the steps in this post may help with the ipod not showing under devices.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Have you tried reinstalling the app? I'm also found sometimes it won't show up till I have the SPOTIFY app open on the device.

When I tried to do what you suggested (reinstalling Spotify on my iPod) it told me that I would have to dowload a compatible version, as the newest version is only compatible with iOS 6.0.  So I actually found out that since I have a 3rd gen Touch I can't get iOS 6.0.  I also recently upgraded the Spotify on my laptop (not sure if I can downgrade the version on my laptop as I can on my iPod).  Would that be the cause for why it's not showing up under devices?

Marked as solution

If you still have problems, the steps in this post may help with the ipod not showing under devices.

Thanks Joe ... I'll have to wait until either a) my ipod drains itself and then once i charge enough it powers itself back on or b) am able to fix the power button, because it doesn't work.

Actually I didn't need to restart the iPod.  Nor reset my router (I actually just have a wireless modem).  But the shutting off the security/virus protection/firewall worked . Right on! 🙂

Awesome! Enjoy your music and don't forget to set exceptions in your fortress so you can turn it all back on 🙂

Suggested posts