Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New IPad, spotify app won't let me play music even though premium member now..

Solved!

New IPad, spotify app won't let me play music even though premium member now..

As per subject.. Thanks any help appreciated
38 Replies

Similar issue here. I have Spotify Premium. I have a Mac, an iPhone 4, and an iPad Mini. I already synced my playlists for offline play, but when I try to add music to my Spotify playlists from my iTunes or other sources, it does not sync with my iPad (seems to be working with my iPhone, but I want identical music on both devices). This is rather frustrating, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have logged in with Facebook since I joined Spoitify. On my iPad, I downloaded the playlist so I can listen to it while offline. 

If anyone knows of a solution, it would be greatly appreciated!

Me too, completely new to all things iPad but have had a Spotify account for ages, just upgraded to Premium as instructed but it's unable to play any of my selections, please advise how to remedy this. Thanks!

Just a follow up to my post from yesterday - the additions of music seem to be flawlessly linking between all o fmy Apple devices now. It is weird, considering I did nothing differently today. But oh well! Just happy it works fine now!

I feel like I'm adding to the same problem. Set up Spotify Premium on my deshtop PC no problem,loving it. Added it to my iPAD3 and iPhone 4S. In bioth cases when I try and log on I get a message that either my username or password is wrong. I've changed them, same issue. I can get no clues from this message as to the problem....

I'm told it might be my network security  but I do not know which settings might affect Spotify or why.. I am not network literate so please use plain English wherever possible  - all help is much appreciated.

I realy want this to work...

Thanks

Hugh

I am having the same problem on an iPad 3. It is working fine on my iPhone 4 and ipad 2... 

I am having the same issue on my premium account, first time I've tried to use on iPad. It works on desktop and mobile. Fine but won't play. I click on the song and it just never starts playing although the song is selected

So basically... it's not enough that I'm paying a monthly fee... I need to pay twice that. Really pushing me to cancel altogether.

SAME PROBLEM!

So frustrating. Can I please get an answer as to why this is happening?

@RhiRhiRHi wrote:

SAME PROBLEM!

So frustrating. Can I please get an answer as to why this is happening?

Do you have a premium subscription? Are you logging in with the correct credentials on your ipad?

I have been playing Spotify Premium on my ipad for quite a while.

Absolutely no problems.

Yesterday I accidentally deleted the Spotify app and have today re-installed it.

Now I cannot play Spotify, and have no playlists that i had created months ago?????

I can get in to my account with username and password but it will not play music

Why? 

Does restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons until the Apple logo appears on screen make any difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi 

Can Spotify music be downliaded to the new Ipad Mini?

I am having playback issues suddenly as well. I have an iphone 4s and I am a premium member with a Verizon phone. Lately when I try to play over 3g Songs stop and start in fits. It can take up to 10 minutes to get through jjust one 2.5 minute song. It's very frustrating. 

I don't know if this is a verizon issue or a spotify issue but this is the first time I've had this problem on this scale. In the past I could always attribute it to dead areas where I know phone service is lacking. Now it happens all over Los Angeles.

Any thoughts?

@101hally Yes you can use Spotify on the iPad mini.

Here's the subscription table for your reference:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Knows/Free-vs-Unlimited-vs-Premium-Subscription-Comparison-T...
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@Allenlulu Can you try playing it over wifi? Do you have the same problem too? Playing over cellular is based on tons of factors.

Would be good if you can do a speedtest on your phone using the speedtest.net app so you get an idea of how well the connection is going.

Also check your Settings -> Music Quality -> Sync Quality, make sure it is not at Extreme, so your 3G won't take the hit to buffer. You can try Normal and give a shot!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@101hally it can be Downloads yes, but you wont have Features like MyMusic & Co. Its a separate App and has nothing to do with the normal android or iOS Version! So its nearly impossible to use Spotify on iPad AND your smartphone

I am having the same problems. I used to be able to play on extreme level everywhere all of the time. This summer that changed. I'm not happy. I may have to cancel spotify. Been a premium customer since 2011.

I have Spotify but all I want is free music and free skip but it won't let me because I have to unlock and get premium

I just got premium and when I go offline it won't stream .. Please help

Suggested posts