Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New IPad, spotify app won't let me play music even though premium member now..

Solved!

New IPad, spotify app won't let me play music even though premium member now..

As per subject.. Thanks any help appreciated

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello.

I can see that your subscription is in order - ensure you are logging in with your "bwoodward" username rather than your email address, and you should be able to use Spotify on your iPad.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Ellie_shelley wrote:

Spotify wont let me stream a track, i just want free music and it wont let me:(

Do you have a premium subscription? 

It is required to use Spotify on mobile devices.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

38 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello.

I can see that your subscription is in order - ensure you are logging in with your "bwoodward" username rather than your email address, and you should be able to use Spotify on your iPad.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi! I just experienced the same thing when I tried to login to Spotify on my new iPad... I have no problems with my other devices connected with Spotify.....help!

I'm having a similar issue except with both my iPad and iPhone. I have premium, but it wont allow me to search and listent to music on either device. When I go to play a song it tells me I need to sync with my pc, and set the playlist for offline play. 

Same thing for me too! Any solutions?

i have same problem (i pay premium every month on my laptop) i have installed apple spotify app on my new ipad but keeps telling me i need premium?? do i have to buy spotify twice!!! surely not tried everything/

Hi, my iPad is having the same problem. I've got premium and use it fine on my pc but my andriod phone and iPad says I need tobuy premium. Can any one help please. Thanks

@tubbycrisp

You have subscribed to Spotify Unlimited. Spotify Premium is required for full mobile access. You can upgrade on your subscription page. When you do, no payment is taken at first. Instead, your renewal date is brought forward (Your remaining Unlimited subscription time is halved).

Tubbycrisp - It looks like you have an Unlimited subscription, not Premium. You can see the differences between the two here: http://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/overview/

To get Spotify going on your mobile devices, a Premium subscription is needed.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@samiln

You are also currently subscribed to Spotify Unlimited.

I have THE Same problem and i do have à premium account

Looks like Jude and I got our wires crossed a little there.

Gerardluppo - It looks like your KPN deal ran out last month, so you're back on the free service. To get Premium going again, you'll need to resubscribe.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem! Can someone help me?

After enjoying the 48h trial, I got the Premium today. Quite frustrated after using a couple of hours trying to use Spotify with my iPad (3rd). Keep on telling me "Premium Trial ended" or "Premium is required".

And yes I have logged in with my Facebook account. I have also done "the complete re-installing". Twice.

Marked as solution

@Ellie_shelley wrote:

Do you have a premium subscription? 

It is required to use Spotify on mobile devices.

Peter

Peter

I do for a fact have a premium account. It allows me to stream on my phone, but it will not work on my iPad. It worked a few weeks ago and now it will only let me play radio. I'm canceling my subscription very soon if this doesn't get fixed. It's a huge waste of money for me at this point if I can't use it from my iPad.

It sounds like you might have accidentally made a duplicate account using Facebook.

Try the instructions here.

Peter

Peter

It said I could have a free thirty day trial and only had it a few days. Now I get message I must have premium on my computer. Can I get the free trail. Do I have to have premium on my computer. Will it work on all my devices? 

@Katokla49 wrote:

It said I could have a free thirty day trial and only had it a few days. Now I get message I must have premium on my computer. Can I get the free trail. Do I have to have premium on my computer. Will it work on all my devices? 

You can use your Premium account on as many devices/computers as you like. Just make sure you are using the same login details.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts